|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Right of Death and Power Over Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action was NOT taken regarding the farm hand Jouy when he was discovered seeking caresses from little girls?
(a) Medical intervention and clinical examination.
(d) Theoretical elaboration.
2. What does Foucault say the universal taboo of incest has caused to happen?
(a) It has created multiple perversions.
(b) It has brought sexual discourse into the home.
(c) Secure sexuality under law and give alliance control over sexuality.
(d) It has unified social strategies into the family unit.
3. Which of the following is a statement made by Foucault?
(a) Scientia sexualis is a more valid and evolved pursuit of truth than ars erotica.
(b) Western societies did not manifest the movement of a power that was essentially repressive.
(c) Sexuality has been repressed by the general consent of the populace.
(d) The format of the confessional is our best remedy to repression.
4. Which of the following best describes the pedagogization of children's sex?
(a) Sex education in recognized institutions for children.
(b) The control of sexuality in children by parents and teachers.
(c) The system of medical pathologies describing sexual activity in children.
(d) The assertion that children engage in sexual activity, and that it is dangerous.
5. Why was sex so suited to fill the void in power left by the transformation of power over life?
(a) It is a universal starting point for populations.
(b) Its extreme biological import.
(c) It already had a large network of discourse.
(d) It was a means of access to both the body and the life of the species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foucault NOT say is a derivative basis of power?
2. What does Foucault mean by "we other Victorians?"
3. What is scientia sexualis?
4. What do the rules of continual variations state?
5. What is the theory of "degenerescence?"
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)