|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Right of Death and Power Over Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foucault say has gone from symbolics of blood to analytics of sexuality?
(a) Political power.
(b) Scientific focus.
2. What does Foucault say the universal taboo of incest has caused to happen?
(a) It has created multiple perversions.
(b) It has unified social strategies into the family unit.
(c) It has brought sexual discourse into the home.
(d) Secure sexuality under law and give alliance control over sexuality.
3. What does Foucault say are the results of power exercised over sex?
(a) It has effectively confined sexuality to the home.
(b) It has defined and limited social sexual mores.
(c) It has disseminated and implanted polymorphous sexualities.
(d) It has obeyed a priciple of rigorous selection.
4. Which of the following was NOT one of the three major explicit codes that governed sexual practices up to the end of the eighteenth century?
(a) Canonical law.
(b) Civil law.
(c) Cultural tradition.
(d) Christian pastoral.
5. What is the psychiatrization of perverse pleasure?
(a) The labeling as the perverse as the essence of a person.
(b) The study of sex as a biological and psychical condition with pathologies that could be normalized.
(c) The realization of pleasure in psychiatric discourse.
(d) The identification of the need of mental help to those of uncommon sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements would Foucault NOT agree with regarding discourses?
2. What does the rule of immanence state?
3. What does the hysterization of women's bodies refer to?
4. What is a blood society?
5. What does Foucault say about the parallel sciences of the biology of reproduction and the medicine of sex in the nineteenth century?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)