|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Scientia Sexualis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foucault say are joined in confession in the West?
(a) Sex and morality.
(b) Religion and sex.
(c) Secrets and shame.
(d) Truth and sex.
2. Which of the following statements would Foucault NOT agree with?
(a) Even the architectural layout of schools acknowleged sex was a constant preoccupation.
(b) In the eighteenth century the sex of the schoolboy became a public problem.
(c) The inner discourse of schools assumed the very present and active sexuality of children.
(d) School systems were unprepared for sexually precocious school aged children.
3. Which is NOT a center that Foucault recognizes as having produced discourses on sex in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries?
(d) Criminal justice.
4. What does Foucault say sex serves as support for in our modern age?
(d) The family unit.
5. What were the two places of tolerance to arise as a result of the confinement of sexuality?
(a) The brothel and the lower class.
(b) The mental hospital and the unmarried.
(c) The mental hospital and the lower class.
(d) The brothel and mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about the implantation of multiple perversions?
2. What is the "discursive fact?"
3. What does Foucault say about the ritual of confession?
4. Which of the following would Foucault NOT agree was a result of sexual discourse?
5. What happened to the penal and legal codes relating to sexual offenses in the nineteenth century?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)