|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, ,Chapter 1, Objective.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what areas of our lives does Foucault say confession in integral in the west?
(a) All of the above.
(c) Justice and solem rites.
(d) Family and love relationships.
2. What is the most effective derivation of power in regards to sexuality?
(a) Management and marginal control of sexuality.
(b) Proliferation and multiplication of sexuality.
(c) Repression and prohibition of sexuality.
(d) Tolerance and acceptance of disparate sexualities.
3. Which of the many great innovations in the techniques of power in the eighteenth century was inextricably interwoven with the discourse on sex?
(a) The concentration of wealth and education.
(b) The partnership between church and state.
(c) The emergence of population as an economic and political problem.
4. Which of the following is NOT listed as one of the accepted ways to free oneself from the effects of sexual repression?
(a) Transgressing laws.
(c) Irruption of speech.
(d) Lifting of prohibitions.
5. What element of the confession has opened the pathway to explore existing domains?
(a) Having moral impetus to truthfulness.
(b) Saying what was done.
(c) The reconstruction of all individual pleasures.
(d) Saying how the act being confessed was done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foucault NOT say was true about the science of sexuality before Freud?
2. What does Foucault say we need to do in order to understand the relationship between sexuality and power?
3. What would Foucault agree with about modern industrial society?
4. What is the feature of juridico-discursive power that Foucault labels as the insistence of the rule?
5. What is the feature of juridico-discursive power that Foucault labels as the uniformity of the apparatus?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)