|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Zvi's last morning in Poland, what does he watch his friend do?
(a) Leave in a bus.
(b) Join the Nazis.
(c) Disappear around the corner.
(d) Go into his house.
2. About what does Alma want Bird to stop talking?
(a) Her search.
(b) Wanting to help her.
3. When Zvi is about to have The History of Love published, what does the editor say about the last chapter that Zvi added?
(a) It adds nothing to the book and he wants to remove it.
(b) It should be edited a little better.
(c) It makes perfect sense.
(d) It is a wonderful addition.
4. What has he come to find?
(a) His book.
(b) His son.
(c) His picture.
(d) Letters to Alma.
5. For how many days does Bird write that it has been raining?
(a) Twenty days in a row.
(b) Five days in a row.
(c) Ten days in a row.
(d) Fifteen days in a row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian ask Alma to do?
2. Where does Alma say she is going?
3. How does Bruno wake Leo?
4. What does the contributor note?
5. What does Zvi do before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alma do when she goes into Bird's room while he is sleeping?
2. Where is Leo headed at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What does Zvi do on his last morning in Poland?
4. How is Bird confused by Alma's book?
5. What does Leo do when he goes upstairs?
6. What happens the night before Zvi dies?
7. What happens when Uncle Julian leaves?
8. What does Zvi do after leaving Poland?
9. About what does Julina tell Alma while they are out to dinner?
10. What does Zvi do when he gets to Alma's name in the book?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)