|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zvi is about to have The History of Love published, what does the editor say about the last chapter that Zvi added?
(a) It makes perfect sense.
(b) It should be edited a little better.
(c) It is a wonderful addition.
(d) It adds nothing to the book and he wants to remove it.
2. What does the contributor note?
(a) The piece was excerpted from Isaac's final manuscript.
(b) The piece was excerpted from Leo's manuscript.
(c) The piece is from a manuscript by Leopold Gursky.
(d) The piece is from a book in Isaac's home.
3. What does Bird sneak into Alma's room and grab?
(a) Her money.
(b) A letter from Jacob Marcus.
(c) Her diary.
(d) How to Survive in the Wild Volume 3.
4. What does Leo do when no one answers?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He calls Isaac at work.
(c) He walks to the back of the house.
(d) He calls the house.
5. Why does Bird give Alma an orange life jacket as a present?
(a) He is preparing her for a flood.
(b) She looks good in orange.
(c) She is not a good swimmer.
(d) She likes to go boating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bird feel when he comes to the list?
2. How does Alma feel when Herman kisses her?
3. What does Leo do when he calls the magazine's fiction department?
4. When he is finally able to rent a room of his own, what does Zvi do?
5. How does Rosa destroy the manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alma uncover the mystery about Jacob Marcus?
2. What does Alma do when she goes into Bird's room while he is sleeping?
3. How does Bird react when the rain stops and the firemen tear down his ark?
4. How is Bird confused by Alma's book?
5. What does Zvi do when he reaches the last page?
6. Where is Leo headed at the beginning of this chapter?
7. What does Leo do when he goes upstairs?
8. What has Bird written in his journal?
9. What does Zvi do after leaving Poland?
10. What happens when Alma Singer ends up at the address given for Alma Moritz?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)