|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed at the top of the page, with Isaac's name beneath it?
(a) The title "The History of Love."
(b) The title "Incredible."
(c) The title "Words for Everything."
(d) The title "Love That is Lost."
2. What is her response to Leo's letter?
(a) Zvi has just passed away.
(b) Zvi wants no contact with Leo.
(c) Zvi does not believe Leo is alive.
(d) Zvi is too ill to respond but is happy to hear Leo is still alive.
3. What does Zvi recite?
(a) A letter from Leo.
(b) The words from the paper he had taken from his friend.
(c) A poem he has written.
(d) The words of a song.
4. Who does Charlotte take Bird to see?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(c) Mr. Goldstein.
(d) Uncle Julian.
5. Does Zvi sit with the intention of plagiarizing his friend, Leo Gursky?
(c) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doorman tell Alma about Alma Mereminski?
2. What does Bird sneak into Alma's room and grab?
3. What has Bird tried to buy?
4. Years earlier, what does Leo do when he finds out what kind of typewriter Isaac uses?
5. Where does Alma search for drafts of letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Leo headed at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Why does Bird pretend to be sick?
3. How does Alma uncover the mystery about Jacob Marcus?
4. What does Zvi not think about when he copies the pages of Leo's book?
5. About what does Julina tell Alma while they are out to dinner?
6. What does Zvi do when he gets to Alma's name in the book?
7. Why does Alma become upset when she gets home?
8. What does Leo do when he sits in front of the typewriter?
9. What does Zvi do when he reaches the last page?
10. What does Leo realize when he reads an article in a magazine?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)