|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Marcus sends a response. What does Alma do with this letter?
(a) She calls Jacob Marcus.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She picks through it for clues and writes them in code in her third volume of How to Survive in the Wild.
(d) She gives it to her mother.
2. When Alma writes the letter to Jacob Marcus pretending to be Charlotte, who does she tell?
(d) Uncle Julian.
3. For how long does Alma's mother take to bed after David's death?
(a) Nearly a month.
(b) Nearly two years.
(c) Nearly a year.
(d) Nearly six months.
4. What does Alma start doing the next day?
(a) Looking for Zvi.
(b) Looking for Jacob Marcus.
(c) Looking for Alma Mereminski.
(d) Looking for Leo.
5. Why does Leo Gursky respond to an ad for nude models?
(a) He thinks it would be great to be seen so completely by others.
(b) He is bored with nothing better to do.
(c) He needs to make some extra money.
(d) He thinks he signed up to see naked women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo find when he goes up to Bruno's apartment?
2. Where is the book published?
3. What does Alma realize about the Alma in the book?
4. Over what does Alma muse?
5. After whom is Alma Singer named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zvi do the next, after staying with his friend? Why does he do this?
2. What does Leo do after his heart attack?
3. How does David Singer get a copy of The History of Love?
4. Why does Zvi's friend not show up to meet him?
5. Who does Leo find in his apartment when he returns from the library? What does this person say to him?
6. What does Leo do when he sees that his son has died?
7. What would Zvi do with his friend frequently?
8. For what does Leo Gursky sign up? What does Bruno think about this?
9. How does Leo feel right before he learns of his son's death?
10. What is known about Alma's parents' marriage?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)