|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo suddenly realize?
(a) He might be famous.
(b) His son read his book.
(c) Someone stole his book.
(d) He wrote a book.
2. When Leo realizes what this person means, what does he do?
(a) Call Rosa.
(b) Begins to smile.
(c) Walks out the door.
(d) Write a letter.
3. What does Leo notice about the text he is reading?
(a) He does not recognize the handwriting.
(b) They are his words.
(c) It is Bruno's handwriting.
(d) They are Alma's words.
4. What does this person tell Leo to do?
(a) Find his son.
(b) Contact Zvi.
(c) Get his book back.
(d) Call Rosa.
5. What does Bruno think about the class?
(a) He is bored with nothing better to do.
(b) He thinks he signed up to see naked women.
(c) He thinks it would be great to be seen so completely by others.
(d) He needs to make some extra money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alma start doing the next day?
2. What does Alma add to the list of clues?
3. Where is the book published?
4. How many books does Leo write before turning 21?
5. What does Zvi think of often?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alma do when she realizes the Alma in the book must have been real?
2. Why does Leo go into an empty bedroom in Bernard's house?
3. What does Leo do when he sees that his son has died?
4. How do Charlotte and Alma deal with David's death?
5. What does Leo notice about this copy of his book?
6. How does David Singer get a copy of The History of Love?
7. What does Bird tell Alma about the lamed vovniks?
8. What has Alma learned about Alma Mereminski? What does she believe is the connection between Mereminski and Litvinoff?
9. What does Alma wonder about The History of Love and its connection to her parents?
10. Why does Alma think that Alma Mereminski is a real person?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)