|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the original manuscript?
(a) It is sent to Leo.
(b) It is left in Poland.
(c) It is lost when their home is flooded.
(d) It is thrown away.
2. What does Alma ask her mother about Alma?
(a) Last name.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) Where she lives.
(d) If she knew her.
3. Why does Alma think Litvinoff did not give Alma Mereminski a Spanish name?
(a) Because Alma is the only real character.
(b) Because he could not think of a better Spanish name.
(c) Because he loves the name Alma.
(d) Because he was in love with her.
4. How many copies are printed?
5. When Alma writes the letter to Jacob Marcus pretending to be Charlotte, who does she tell?
(c) Uncle Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Misha, a penpal, first writes to Alma when she is how old?
2. What does Bernard tell Leo Isaac found with a photo of Leo and Alma?
3. The next day, why does Alma head for the Municipal Archives?
4. After this person says this, what does Leo begin to do?
5. Who buys the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zvi's friend not show up to meet him?
2. What would Zvi do with his friend frequently?
3. Who does Leo find in his apartment when he returns from the library? What does this person say to him?
4. How do Zvi and Rosa meet and fall in love?
5. How does Leo feel right before he learns of his son's death?
6. What does Leo notice about this copy of his book?
7. What does Alma wonder about The History of Love and its connection to her parents?
8. Why does Leo go into an empty bedroom in Bernard's house?
9. What does Alma do when she realizes the Alma in the book must have been real?
10. What does Bird tell Alma about the lamed vovniks?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)