|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has he come to find?
(a) Letters to Alma.
(b) His picture.
(c) His book.
(d) His son.
2. What does the doorman tell Alma about Alma Mereminski?
(a) She died five years ago.
(b) She has moved.
(c) She is not home.
(d) She is divorced.
3. What does Zvi take from his coat?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A ticket.
(c) The brown paper package.
(d) A picture.
4. When Leo calls back, what does he ask the man?
(a) If the book truly exists.
(b) If the book will be printed under Isaac's name.
(c) If the book is any good.
(d) If the book will be published.
5. Zvi is excited about his relationship with Rosa, but why is he worried?
(a) Rosa may not love him as much as he loves her.
(b) Rosa may tire of him.
(c) Rosa would discover he is an empty shell.
(d) Rosa might want to return to Chile.
6. What happens the day the rain stops?
(a) The firemen take down Bird's ark.
(b) Alma tells Bird to take apart the ark.
(c) Bird takes down the ark.
(d) Charlotte has the ark destroyed.
7. What is printed at the top of the page, with Isaac's name beneath it?
(a) The title "The History of Love."
(b) The title "Love That is Lost."
(c) The title "Incredible."
(d) The title "Words for Everything."
8. Why does Bird search through Alma's backpack again?
(a) For clues.
(b) For her diary.
(c) For her sketchbook.
(d) For money.
9. What kind of a list has Alma made about Misha?
(a) The things she dislikes about him.
(b) The things she loves about him.
(c) The things she misses about him.
(d) The things they have in common.
10. Leo sits in front of the typewriter and thinks about who?
(a) All the family members he has lost over the years.
(b) His friends.
(c) His son.
11. What does Zvi do before he leaves?
(a) He walks around the town taking photographs.
(b) He says good bye to his friend.
(c) He copies the manuscript.
(d) He puts the package in his suitcase, looks around the room one last time.
12. How does Bird feel when he comes to the list?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He adds to it.
13. Along the way, what does Alma tell Herman?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her feelings on love.
(c) How much she cares about Misha.
(d) The story about The History of Love.
14. Why does Alma leave and head to the City Clerk's office?
(a) The man says he does not have time to help her.
(b) The man says she never married.
(c) The man says he only has information on marriages up until 1937.
(d) The man says she is still alive.
15. When Zvi is about to have The History of Love published, what does the editor say about the last chapter that Zvi added?
(a) It adds nothing to the book and he wants to remove it.
(b) It should be edited a little better.
(c) It makes perfect sense.
(d) It is a wonderful addition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he do when he goes upstairs?
2. What does Zvi do when the war ends?
3. Where would Zvi eventually settle?
4. Does Rosa ever tell Zvi about the letter that arrived from America?
5. What does Leo do when he first enters the house?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)