|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bird feel when he comes to the list?
(a) He adds to it.
(b) He cries.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He throws it away.
2. How does Julian respond when Alma asks if he thinks David would have wanted Charlotte to fall in love again?
(a) David would have wanted that very much.
(b) David would not want her to fall in love again.
(c) He cannot answer for David.
(d) He is not sure what David would want.
3. Where does Alma search for drafts of letters?
(a) On the desk.
(b) In her mother's drawers.
(c) On the table.
(d) The garbage.
4. What does Rosa say happens to the book?
(a) It has been sent back to Poland.
(b) It has been thrown away.
(c) It has been published under Zvi's name.
(d) It had been destroyed in a flood.
5. What does Zvi do when the war ends?
(a) He meets up with the remaining members of his family.
(b) He goes back to Poland.
(c) He slowly figures out what happened to his family.
(d) He forgets the past.
6. How does Alma feel when she finds out her mother had sent more chapters to Jacob Marcus?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is upset.
7. Why is Bird mad at Alma?
(a) For allowing the firemen to take down the ark and for throwing away David's things without asking Bird first.
(b) For destroying his ark.
(c) For ruining his life.
(d) For telling their mother to destroy his ark.
8. The summer ends. Are Alma and Misha speaking?
(a) Yes, by the end of the summer.
9. What does Julian say about a self-portrait of Rembrandt?
(a) It feels intense, yet looks serene.
(b) It is plain, yet exciting.
(c) It is exciting, yet plain.
(d) It feels serene, yet looks intense.
10. How does Alma learn Jacob Marcus is really Isaac Moritz?
(a) She researches both men.
(b) The name Jacob Marcus is in one of Isaac's books.
(c) She talks to Leo about both names.
(d) Isaac Moritz calls her.
11. Where would Zvi eventually settle?
(a) In Argentina.
(b) In America.
(c) In Chile.
(d) In Venezuela.
12. When Zvi is about to have The History of Love published, what does the editor say about the last chapter that Zvi added?
(a) It should be edited a little better.
(b) It adds nothing to the book and he wants to remove it.
(c) It is a wonderful addition.
(d) It makes perfect sense.
13. What does the doorman tell Alma about Alma Mereminski?
(a) She is not home.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She has moved.
(d) She died five years ago.
14. When Leo gives the man his name, what does the man think?
(a) Leo is crazy.
(b) Leo is mad.
(c) Leo is joking.
(d) Leo is lying.
15. What does Alma ask Julian about his relationship with Frances?
(a) How he fell in love with Frances.
(b) Why he cheated on her.
(c) How he feels about her now.
(d) Why he left her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Leo tracked Isaac's whereabouts?
2. What does Zvi do when he goes to replace Alma's name with Rosa's?
3. What does Leo do when no one answers?
4. What does Julian ask Alma to do?
5. What has he come to find?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)