|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alma realize about the Alma in the book?
(a) She must have been a wonderful person.
(b) She must have been David's true love.
(c) She must be Charlotte.
(d) She must have been a real person.
2. When did Rosa meet Zvi in Valparaiso?
3. A few weeks later, what does Zvi discover when his friend does not show up?
(a) He has run away.
(b) He is captured by the Nazis.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He has moved.
4. What does Leo wonder about the book?
(a) If it is true.
(b) How it survived.
(c) How he lost it.
(d) Who wrote it.
5. How old was Alma when David was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?
6. What does Alma do after reading The History of Love?
(a) Alma prints the first fifteen chapters and hides them in her backpack.
(b) Alma mentions it to Bird.
(c) Alma rereads it.
(d) Alma asks her mother about it.
7. For whom does Alma search the Internet?
(a) Alma Mereminski.
(b) Leo Gursky.
(c) Isaac Moritz.
8. Pained that he does not know his son in the same way, what does Leo do?
(a) He wanders into the living room and falls asleep.
(b) He wanders into a bedroom and falls asleep.
(c) He heads home.
(d) He wanders outside.
9. Misha, a penpal, first writes to Alma when she is how old?
10. What does this person say he or she is writing?
(a) A book about his life.
(b) A book about Alma.
(c) A book about Leo.
(d) A book about Poland.
11. What has Leo enjoyed writing about since childhood?
(a) His life.
(d) Imaginary things.
12. What does Leo buy?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A frame.
(d) A new suit.
13. How many copies are printed?
14. What does the letter say Alma finds in the trashcan?
(a) Julian defends his relationship with a colleague and accuses Frances of changing.
(b) Julian has been kicked out by his wife and needs a place to stay.
(c) Charlotte would like to meet Jacob in person.
(d) Alma tells David that she will always love him but is ready to move on.
15. When Leo came to America, what did he become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A writer.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob Marcus sends a response. What does Alma do with this letter?
2. On how many dates has Charlotte gone on since David's death? T
3. How long does Zvi sit with his friend?
4. Who is Misha Shklovsky?
5. What does Zvi think of often?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)