|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Joy Forever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leo Gursky respond to an ad for nude models?
(a) He needs to make some extra money.
(b) He is bored with nothing better to do.
(c) He thinks it would be great to be seen so completely by others.
(d) He thinks he signed up to see naked women.
2. Uncle Julian, Charlotte's brother, sent Alma her father's old Swiss Army knife, saying it helps one survive in the wilderness, and that her father was a great outdoors man. What does Alma decide to do?
(a) Join the Girl Scouts.
(b) Never go camping.
(c) Learn how to survive in the wild.
(d) Build a tree fort.
3. Of what is Zvi Litvinoff the author?
(a) The History of Love.
(b) My Life.
(c) The Passions of Love.
(d) The History of Chile.
4. Pained that he does not know his son in the same way, what does Leo do?
(a) He wanders into the living room and falls asleep.
(b) He wanders outside.
(c) He wanders into a bedroom and falls asleep.
(d) He heads home.
5. How does the boy escape death?
(a) He hides.
(b) He works hard in a concentration camp.
(c) He runs away to Russia.
(d) He becomes a Nazi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Alma when David was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?
2. What notebook does Alma begin to keep?
3. What makes Isaac stop as he leaves Starbucks?
4. When Leo came to America, what did he become?
5. What does Leo note about Bernard, Isaac's half-brother?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)