|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Die Laughing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma think Litvinoff did not give Alma Mereminski a Spanish name?
(a) Because Alma is the only real character.
(b) Because he loves the name Alma.
(c) Because he was in love with her.
(d) Because he could not think of a better Spanish name.
2. Zvi was a journalist writing what?
(a) Word searches.
(c) Travel articles.
(d) The sports section.
3. How many weeks pass and Alma still has not spoken to Misha and Uncle Julian has not left?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. Years earlier, what does Leo do when he finds out what kind of typewriter Isaac uses?
(a) He buys himself a new typewriter.
(b) He buys the same model.
(c) He buys a new typewriter for his son.
(d) He buys a similar typewriter.
5. Who tells Bird about lamed vovniks?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) Mr. Goldstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he take home with him?
2. What does Leo buy?
3. After whom is Alma Singer named?
4. What does Zvi do with his friend's work?
5. Pained that he does not know his son in the same way, what does Leo do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)