|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Die Laughing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard tell Leo Isaac found with a photo of Leo and Alma?
(a) Letters written in Spanish.
(b) Letters written in Yiddish.
(c) Letters written in German.
(d) Letters written by Leo.
2. The next day, why does Alma head for the Municipal Archives?
(a) She is going to a poetry reading.
(b) She is researching her family background.
(c) She is looking for information on Mereminski's death.
(d) She is looking for a book.
3. How long has Leo tracked Isaac's whereabouts?
(a) For a week.
(b) Since he was a small boy.
(c) For a year.
(d) For several months.
4. As the two walk, what does Misha tell Alma some people think?
(a) She is his girlfriend.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is his best friend.
5. When does Leo use his purchase?
(a) He never uses it.
(b) Not until he writes his second book.
(c) Right away.
(d) When he writes his first book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo notice about the text he is reading?
2. What does Misha ask Alma about Alma Mereminski?
3. Who tells Bird about lamed vovniks?
4. What does Alma do when she locks herself in the bathroom?
5. Who is Misha Shklovsky?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)