|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Die Laughing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he take home with him?
(a) The newspaper in the trash.
(b) A book.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A letter.
2. Leo sits in front of the typewriter and thinks about who?
(a) All the family members he has lost over the years.
(c) His friends.
(d) His son.
3. What makes Isaac stop as he leaves Starbucks?
(a) He sees Isaac's picture and a headline that says he has died.
(b) He has to go home to get his wallet.
(c) He sees his picture in the paper.
(d) He finds a phone to call Bruno.
4. What does Misha ask Alma about Alma Mereminski?
(a) Where Alma lives.
(b) What happens to her character in the book.
(c) Why she thinks this Alma is a real person.
(d) Why she has not contacted Mereminski.
5. Why does Zvi put this in his pocket?
(a) He needs to finish the article he was reading.
(b) He believed he would buy time for his friend.
(c) He wants to reread the letter.
(d) He wants to read the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo see?
2. Years earlier, what does Leo do when he finds out what kind of typewriter Isaac uses?
3. What does Zvi read through while he stays with his friend?
4. What does Misha say when Alma talks to him on the phone?
5. Pained that he does not know his son in the same way, what does Leo do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)