The Last Words on Earth
• Leo Gursky responds to an ad for nude models; he tells Bruno about the class, but Bruno thinks he signed up to see naked women.
• Leo and Bruno, who has lived above Leo since his wife died, have been friends since childhood; they check on one other regularly.
• Leo has enjoyed writing about imaginary things since childhood; as he grew older, he tried to write about reality, to fight off loneliness.
• He wrote three books before turning 21: the first was about his hometown, Slonim; the second was a fantasy; the third book was about Alma.
• Alma left for America and Leo remained, hiding from Nazis to avoid capture.
• After his heart attack, Leo resumes writing; he writes about a boy who secretly loved a girl, in a story that closely resembles his own life.
• The woman, now grown, tells the man she was...
This section contains 3,448 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)