|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
2. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
3. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
4. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
5. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is history and how does E.P. Sanders treat the information presented in this book in terms of its historical merit? Why does he consider Jesus a legendary figure and not a historical one?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did John the Baptist have on Jesus' life and his ministry? What events in Jesus' life was John involved in? What was John like in comparison to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
What is controversial about the scene at the Temple? What are the two common beliefs held about Jesus' actions at the Temple? What does each of these views say about Jesus and his ministry?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)