|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
2. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
3. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
4. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
5. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a "reversal of values" in terms of Jesus' ministry? What does the phrase mean and how is it seen in Jesus' teachings? What method does Jesus use to illustrate this theme and how does he use them? Please give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Jesus' claim to be the Son of God problematic? What images of Jesus does the claim produce? What does the term Messiah mean now and what did it mean in Jesus' time? Why was the term acceptable to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)