|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
2. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
3. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
4. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What qualifies E.P. Sanders to write a book such as this? What is his educational background? What experience does he have in the subject manner? Why is he considered an expert?
Essay Topic 2Why is Jesus' claim to be the Son of God problematic? What images of Jesus does the claim produce? What does the term Messiah mean now and what did it mean in Jesus' time? Why was the term acceptable to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3What was the political structure at the time of Jesus' life? What role did religion play in the leadership? How did politics affect Jesus and the events of his life?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)