|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
3. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
4. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
5. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about what is written about Jesus in external sources? Does he play prominently in other sources? Why? Do these external sources help or hinder historians in determining what Jesus' life was like?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did John the Baptist have on Jesus' life and his ministry? What events in Jesus' life was John involved in? What was John like in comparison to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
What is a "reversal of values" in terms of Jesus' ministry? What does the phrase mean and how is it seen in Jesus' teachings? What method does Jesus use to illustrate this theme and how does he use them? Please give specific examples.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)