|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
2. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
3. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
5. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
Essay Topic 2
What are the discrepancies that arise concerning the resurrection? Why are these discrepancies problematic?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the timing of Jesus' discussion with the apostles about their reward of a place in Heaven problematic? What issues does this create for historians?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)