|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
2. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
3. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
4. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
5. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the Gentiles treated differently from the Jews in the scriptures? Why does Sanders think this may be? What does it reveal about Jesus' ministry?
Essay Topic 2
What is meant by the "Kingdom of God?" Why is it difficult to come up with a definite definition of this phrase? What does Sanders say are the two things that are known for certain about the Kingdom?
Essay Topic 3
What are the two contexts Sanders examines Jesus' life in? Describe both and discuss what role each of them plays in constructing a history of Jesus.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)