|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
2. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
3. Who was accountable only to God?
4. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
5. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Jesus' claim to be the Son of God problematic? What images of Jesus does the claim produce? What does the term Messiah mean now and what did it mean in Jesus' time? Why was the term acceptable to Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
What is meant by the "Kingdom of God?" Why is it difficult to come up with a definite definition of this phrase? What does Sanders say are the two things that are known for certain about the Kingdom?
Essay Topic 3
What impact on the world does Sanders say Jesus' following has had? What is unique about the movement?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)