|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
3. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
4. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
5. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
Essay Topic 1
How are the Gentiles treated differently from the Jews in the scriptures? Why does Sanders think this may be? What does it reveal about Jesus' ministry?
Essay Topic 2
What is meant by the "Kingdom of God?" Why is it difficult to come up with a definite definition of this phrase? What does Sanders say are the two things that are known for certain about the Kingdom?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jesus go about his ministry? What methods did he use to spread his message? How did he teach? What significance is there in the location Jesus chose to work in?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)