|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
2. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
3. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
4. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
5. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 2
What is controversial about the scene at the Temple? What are the two common beliefs held about Jesus' actions at the Temple? What does each of these views say about Jesus and his ministry?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the date of Jesus' birth is controversial. Why is it so difficult to determine when he was actually born? What are the differing beliefs? What does Sanders seem to accept as the most accurate date? Why?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)