|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
2. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
3. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two contexts Sanders examines Jesus' life in? Describe both and discuss what role each of them plays in constructing a history of Jesus.
Essay Topic 2
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 3
What is controversial about the scene at the Temple? What are the two common beliefs held about Jesus' actions at the Temple? What does each of these views say about Jesus and his ministry?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)