|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
2. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
3. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
4. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
5. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 3
What is a "reversal of values" in terms of Jesus' ministry? What does the phrase mean and how is it seen in Jesus' teachings? What method does Jesus use to illustrate this theme and how does he use them? Please give specific examples.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)