|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
2. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
3. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
4. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
5. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role in Jesus' ministry and life did the disciples play? Who were they and how did Jesus call them? What was their function in terms of Jesus' work?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two contexts Sanders examines Jesus' life in? Describe both and discuss what role each of them plays in constructing a history of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
What is a "reversal of values" in terms of Jesus' ministry? What does the phrase mean and how is it seen in Jesus' teachings? What method does Jesus use to illustrate this theme and how does he use them? Please give specific examples.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)