|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
2. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
3. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Jesus' claim to be the Son of God problematic? What images of Jesus does the claim produce? What does the term Messiah mean now and what did it mean in Jesus' time? Why was the term acceptable to Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jesus go about his ministry? What methods did he use to spread his message? How did he teach? What significance is there in the location Jesus chose to work in?
Essay Topic 3
What role in Jesus' ministry and life did the disciples play? Who were they and how did Jesus call them? What was their function in terms of Jesus' work?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)