|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
2. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
3. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
5. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jesus go about his ministry? What methods did he use to spread his message? How did he teach? What significance is there in the location Jesus chose to work in?
Essay Topic 2
What impact on the world does Sanders say Jesus' following has had? What is unique about the movement?
Essay Topic 3
What qualifies E.P. Sanders to write a book such as this? What is his educational background? What experience does he have in the subject manner? Why is he considered an expert?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)