|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
2. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
3. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
4. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
5. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 2
How are the Gentiles treated differently from the Jews in the scriptures? Why does Sanders think this may be? What does it reveal about Jesus' ministry?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did John the Baptist have on Jesus' life and his ministry? What events in Jesus' life was John involved in? What was John like in comparison to Jesus?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)