|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
2. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
3. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
4. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
5. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about what is written about Jesus in external sources? Does he play prominently in other sources? Why? Do these external sources help or hinder historians in determining what Jesus' life was like?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did John the Baptist have on Jesus' life and his ministry? What events in Jesus' life was John involved in? What was John like in comparison to Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
What is a "reversal of values" in terms of Jesus' ministry? What does the phrase mean and how is it seen in Jesus' teachings? What method does Jesus use to illustrate this theme and how does he use them? Please give specific examples.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)