|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
2. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
3. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
4. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
5. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 3
How are the Gentiles treated differently from the Jews in the scriptures? Why does Sanders think this may be? What does it reveal about Jesus' ministry?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)