|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
2. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
3. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
4. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the timing of Jesus' discussion with the apostles about their reward of a place in Heaven problematic? What issues does this create for historians?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two contexts Sanders examines Jesus' life in? Describe both and discuss what role each of them plays in constructing a history of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
What qualifies E.P. Sanders to write a book such as this? What is his educational background? What experience does he have in the subject manner? Why is he considered an expert?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)