|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
2. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
3. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
4. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
5. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the Gospels problematic in terms of creating a factual history of Jesus? What problems do they present?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two contexts Sanders examines Jesus' life in? Describe both and discuss what role each of them plays in constructing a history of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about what is written about Jesus in external sources? Does he play prominently in other sources? Why? Do these external sources help or hinder historians in determining what Jesus' life was like?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)