|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
2. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
3. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
4. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
5. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two common views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles? How do the Gospels treat Jesus' miracles? What does this suggest about Jesus' career?
Essay Topic 2
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the date of Jesus' birth is controversial. Why is it so difficult to determine when he was actually born? What are the differing beliefs? What does Sanders seem to accept as the most accurate date? Why?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)