Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
2. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
3. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
4. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
5. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
Essay Topic 1
What is history and how does E.P. Sanders treat the information presented in this book in terms of its historical merit? Why does he consider Jesus a legendary figure and not a historical one?
Essay Topic 2
What qualifies E.P. Sanders to write a book such as this? What is his educational background? What experience does he have in the subject manner? Why is he considered an expert?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the timing of Jesus' discussion with the apostles about their reward of a place in Heaven problematic? What issues does this create for historians?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)