|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
2. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
3. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
4. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
5. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
Essay Topic 1
What was the political structure at the time of Jesus' life? What role did religion play in the leadership? How did politics affect Jesus and the events of his life?
Essay Topic 2
What conflicts with the law did Jesus encounter? Why were these conflicts dealt with so harshly when we might see his infractions as relatively minor today?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the date of Jesus' birth is controversial. Why is it so difficult to determine when he was actually born? What are the differing beliefs? What does Sanders seem to accept as the most accurate date? Why?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)