Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
2. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
3. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
4. Who baptized Jesus?
5. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Gospel of Luke, what did some of the disciples do for some time before recognizing Jesus following the resurrection?
2. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
3. Between what two groups was opposition of the law considered a basis for major conflict?
4. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
5. What did Jesus promise to anyone who was willing to make a sacrifice and follow him as a disciple?
6. What does the fact that the Gospel of Mark focuses on detailing Jesus' miracles while the Gospels of Matthew and Luke focus on Jesus' teachings say about those two aspects of Jesus' life?
7. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
8. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
9. What did Jesus' claim to be the Son of God make him appear to be to his critics?
10. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
How are the Gentiles treated differently from the Jews in the scriptures? Why does Sanders think this may be? What does it reveal about Jesus' ministry?
What role in Jesus' ministry and life did the disciples play? Who were they and how did Jesus call them? What was their function in terms of Jesus' work?
What is history and how does E.P. Sanders treat the information presented in this book in terms of its historical merit? Why does he consider Jesus a legendary figure and not a historical one?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)