|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
2. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
3. Capernaum is a small town in what?
4. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
5. What must a historian weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus promise to anyone who was willing to make a sacrifice and follow him as a disciple?
2. What reason did Jesus give for overturning the tables at the Temple?
3. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
4. What structures did archeologists find that dated back to 70 C.E., thus alleviating some of the controversy about where Jesus taught?
5. Why were miracle workers more likely to be celebrated in the ancient world than they are today?
6. How does the story of the Prodigal Son illustrate a reversal of values?
7. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
8. What information do the Roman archives contain about Jesus' crucifixion?
9. What did Jesus tell the apostles they would one day rule over?
10. Why wasn't Jesus successful in his attempts to preach in Nazareth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact on the world does Sanders say Jesus' following has had? What is unique about the movement?
Essay Topic 2
What qualifies E.P. Sanders to write a book such as this? What is his educational background? What experience does he have in the subject manner? Why is he considered an expert?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did John the Baptist have on Jesus' life and his ministry? What events in Jesus' life was John involved in? What was John like in comparison to Jesus?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)