|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 134 C.E.
(b) 30 C.E.
(c) 12 B.C.E.
(d) 80 C.E.
2. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Spread Jesus' teachings.
(c) Ate the Last Supper with him.
(d) Travelled with him.
3. What does B.C. stand for?
(a) Before Christ.
(b) Between Commonalities.
(c) Before Crucifixion.
(d) Before Christmas.
4. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
(a) As an amazing performer of miracles.
(b) As relatively unknown.
(c) As a great leader.
(d) As a powerful man.
5. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 40 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
2. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
3. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
4. When were the Gospels named?
5. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, whom does Sanders say the apostles were accountable to?
2. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
4. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Sanders say was a large focus of Jesus' work?
6. What kind of ruler does Sanders say Antipas was in comparison to his father, Herod the Great?
7. What information do the Roman archives contain about Jesus' crucifixion?
8. Why weren't the disciples with the women when they rolled the stone away from Jesus' tomb?
9. What reason did Jesus give for overturning the tables at the Temple?
10. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)