|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(d) John the Baptist.
2. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Only the facts.
(b) The way his work will be received by the public.
(c) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(d) Oral traditions.
3. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Stay at the tomb.
(b) Remain in hiding.
(c) Preach the Word of God.
4. What did Josephus study?
(a) The culture of Israel.
(b) Palestinian ceremonies.
(d) History and biblical law.
5. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) One week.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 40 days.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
2. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
3. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
4. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
5. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What areas did the scholar Josephus study?
2. What two points does Sanders say are made clear about the Kingdom of God?
3. What does the Gospel of Mark point out that Jesus could have done through his ability to heal the sick?
4. What prediction do some people believe Jesus made at the Temple?
5. Who wrote the Gospels?
6. According to the Gospel of Luke, what did some of the disciples do for some time before recognizing Jesus following the resurrection?
7. What kind of ruler does Sanders say Antipas was in comparison to his father, Herod the Great?
8. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
9. According to external sources written in the first century, what was Jesus considered to be?
10. Why do biblical scholars say that Jesus' conversation with the apostles concerning a promise to the disciples for a place in Heaven could not have taken place after the crucifixion?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)