|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The existence of Pilate.
(b) The names of the people in government.
(c) The place where Jesus worked.
2. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(a) Great success.
(c) He was thrown out of the city.
(d) He gathered disciples there.
3. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
4. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(d) Rome proper.
5. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(a) Theology and salvation.
(b) As a government leader.
(c) As a mythical being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
2. How long did the Israelites wander the desert after fleeing Egypt?
3. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do historians believed helped take care of the disciples since they no longer worked for a living after they began to follow Jesus?
2. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
3. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
4. Who wrote the Gospels?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
6. Between what two groups was opposition of the law considered a basis for major conflict?
7. How does Sanders say that many of the conflicts Jesus had with the laws in Galilee would be seen today?
8. What did Jesus tell his disciples their return would be for sacrificing everything and following him?
9. In Chapter 15, whom does Sanders say Jesus was accountable to?
10. Once the Jews had changed their way of worshiping at around the time Jesus began his ministry, how did Satan's role change?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)