|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Common Era.
(b) Before Christ's Era.
(c) Between Christ's Eras.
(d) Before Common Evolution.
2. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
3. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(b) Several documents are written about him.
(c) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
4. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(b) It has not been revised.
(c) Christian scribes.
5. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(a) Rome proper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
2. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
3. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
4. How many others were executed with Jesus?
5. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of ruler does Sanders say Antipas was in comparison to his father, Herod the Great?
2. Why were miracle workers more likely to be celebrated in the ancient world than they are today?
3. In "Miracles," Sanders poses two views of Jesus' ability to perform miracles. What are the two views?
4. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
5. Why do biblical scholars say that Jesus' conversation with the apostles concerning a promise to the disciples for a place in Heaven could not have taken place after the crucifixion?
6. What areas did the scholar Josephus study?
7. Whose tables did Jesus overturn at the Temple?
8. What did Jesus tell his disciples their return would be for sacrificing everything and following him?
9. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
10. What did Jesus promise to anyone who was willing to make a sacrifice and follow him as a disciple?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)