|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
2. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(d) A sure way to Heaven.
3. There are key differences between the Gospels and what science?
4. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 66 C.E.
(b) 5 C.E.
(c) 100 C.E.
(d) 16 B.C.E.
5. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
(d) Divine beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
2. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
3. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
4. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
5. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the two pairs of brothers that were disciples of Jesus?
2. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
3. What is a legendary figure?
4. What act symbolized the new covenant?
5. Why was it important for government leaders to be knowledgeable of divine law?
6. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
7. What did Jesus' claim to be the Son of God make him appear to be to his critics?
8. Why were miracle workers more likely to be celebrated in the ancient world than they are today?
9. What reason did Jesus give for overturning the tables at the Temple?
10. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)