|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Christ's Era.
(b) Between Christ's Eras.
(c) Before Common Era.
(d) Before Common Evolution.
2. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
3. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Bishop Linda Lee.
(b) E.P. Sanders.
(c) Michael Parker.
(d) Samuel Josephus.
4. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 15 B.C.E.
(b) 1 B.C.E.
(c) 1 C.E.
(d) 5 B.C.E.
5. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) About 1000 years ago.
(b) About 50 years ago.
(c) A little over 200 years ago.
(d) As soon as he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
2. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
3. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
4. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
5. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Pilate was first asked to execute Jesus, why did he refuse?
2. What act symbolized the new covenant?
3. Whose tables did Jesus overturn at the Temple?
4. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
5. What did Jesus promise to anyone who was willing to make a sacrifice and follow him as a disciple?
6. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
7. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
8. Why weren't the disciples with the women when they rolled the stone away from Jesus' tomb?
9. What information do the Roman archives contain about Jesus' crucifixion?
10. What did Jesus tell his disciples their return would be for sacrificing everything and following him?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)