|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About which people did Josephus write?
(a) The Gentiles.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Palestinians.
2. Capernaum is a small town in what?
3. What is the main problem historians have with the calendars used by the ancients?
(a) There is no problem.
(b) They were not uniform.
(c) There were no calendars in existence.
(d) They are different from the one we use today.
4. Who is the author of this book?
(a) E.P. Sanders.
(b) Samuel Josephus.
(c) Michael Parker.
(d) Bishop Linda Lee.
5. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In his diaries.
(b) In short passages.
(c) In long narratives.
(d) In a biographical style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
2. How long did the Israelites wander the desert after fleeing Egypt?
3. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
4. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
5. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Sanders say a historian must take into consideration when constructing a history?
2. What structures did archeologists find that dated back to 70 C.E., thus alleviating some of the controversy about where Jesus taught?
3. What does Sanders say Jesus' small following did in comparison to other movements throughout history?
4. How were the Gospels initially passed down to early Christians?
5. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
6. Who do historians believed helped take care of the disciples since they no longer worked for a living after they began to follow Jesus?
7. According to the Gospel of Luke, what did some of the disciples do for some time before recognizing Jesus following the resurrection?
8. Why was anyone who opposed the law seen as a heretic or blasphemer in Jesus' time?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Sanders say was a large focus of Jesus' work?
10. Why weren't the disciples with the women when they rolled the stone away from Jesus' tomb?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)