|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 30 C.E.
(b) 12 B.C.E.
(c) 80 C.E.
(d) 134 C.E.
2. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Remain in hiding.
(b) Preach the Word of God.
(d) Stay at the tomb.
3. Capernaum is a small town in what?
4. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(a) Government buildings.
5. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 5 B.C.E.
(b) 1 C.E.
(c) 15 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
2. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
3. The author indicates that Jesus was born around the time of whose death?
4. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
5. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms B.C.E. and C.E. alternate abbreviations for, and what do they stand for?
2. Why do biblical scholars say that Jesus' conversation with the apostles concerning a promise to the disciples for a place in Heaven could not have taken place after the crucifixion?
3. What did Jesus tell his followers they would have to do in order to know the Kingdom of Heaven?
4. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
5. In Chapter 1, in addition to examining the history of the Christian church, what else does Sanders say he will examine about the Christian church.
6. Who wrote the Gospels?
7. Why wasn't Jesus successful in his attempts to preach in Nazareth?
8. According to external sources written in the first century, what was Jesus considered to be?
9. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
10. Why do historians believe that Jesus was born between 5-7 B.C.E.?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)