|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) After Death.
(b) Anno Domini.
(c) After Divinity.
(d) Accepted Divinity.
2. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
3. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
(a) In newspapers.
(b) Through the oral tradition.
(c) In complete written narratives.
(d) Through the writing of the Gospels.
4. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 1 B.C.E.
(b) 5 B.C.E.
(c) 1 C.E.
(d) 15 B.C.E.
5. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
2. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
3. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't the history of Jesus examined until about 200 years ago?
2. Whose tables did Jesus overturn at the Temple?
3. What two points does Sanders say are made clear about the Kingdom of God?
4. In Chapter 15, whom does Sanders say the apostles were accountable to?
5. Why was it important for government leaders to be knowledgeable of divine law?
6. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
7. Why do biblical scholars say that Jesus' conversation with the apostles concerning a promise to the disciples for a place in Heaven could not have taken place after the crucifixion?
8. What did Jesus' claim to be the Son of God make him appear to be to his critics?
9. Who were the two pairs of brothers that were disciples of Jesus?
10. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)