|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
(a) The ability to teach people.
(b) Historical proof of what they said and did.
(c) A larger following.
(d) No proof of their actions.
2. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
3. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(c) John the Baptist.
4. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 66 C.E.
(c) 16 B.C.E.
(d) 5 C.E.
5. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
(b) Purely historical.
(c) A mix of fact and fiction.
(d) Purely fictional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
2. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
3. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
4. Who wrote the Gospels?
5. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
2. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
3. When Pilate was first asked to execute Jesus, why did he refuse?
4. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
5. What point does Sanders make about ethical perfectionism in terms of marriage?
6. What information does Sanders say a historian must take into consideration when constructing a history?
7. How does the story of the Prodigal Son illustrate a reversal of values?
8. What structures did archeologists find that dated back to 70 C.E., thus alleviating some of the controversy about where Jesus taught?
9. What did Jesus tell his followers they would have to do in order to know the Kingdom of Heaven?
10. Once the Jews had changed their way of worshiping at around the time Jesus began his ministry, how did Satan's role change?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)