|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
2. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
(b) Several documents are written about him.
(d) Only his teachings are mentioned.
3. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(b) A sure way to Heaven.
4. When were the Gospels named?
(b) 115 C.E.
(c) 180 C.E.
(d) 36 C.E.
5. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
2. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
3. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
4. What does C.E. stand for?
5. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
2. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
3. What did Jesus' claim to be the Son of God make him appear to be to his critics?
4. Why was it important for government leaders to be knowledgeable of divine law?
5. What structures did archeologists find that dated back to 70 C.E., thus alleviating some of the controversy about where Jesus taught?
6. According to the Gospel of Luke, what did some of the disciples do for some time before recognizing Jesus following the resurrection?
7. What are the terms B.C.E. and C.E. alternate abbreviations for, and what do they stand for?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Sanders say was a large focus of Jesus' work?
9. How did Jesus use parables to illustrate the reversal of values?
10. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)