|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Gospels?
(a) The apostles.
(d) They were written anonymously.
2. How many others were executed with Jesus?
3. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) About 1000 years ago.
(b) A little over 200 years ago.
(c) About 50 years ago.
(d) As soon as he died.
4. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 66 C.E.
(c) 5 C.E.
(d) 16 B.C.E.
5. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In short passages.
(b) In long narratives.
(c) In his diaries.
(d) In a biographical style.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
2. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
3. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
4. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
5. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the term Messiah mean in ancient times?
2. In Chapter 15, whom does Sanders say Jesus was accountable to?
3. According to external sources written in the first century, what was Jesus considered to be?
4. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
5. Whose tables did Jesus overturn at the Temple?
6. What speculation does Sanders make about why the majority of the scriptures cater to the Gentiles rather than the Jews?
7. What does the fact that the Gospel of Mark focuses on detailing Jesus' miracles while the Gospels of Matthew and Luke focus on Jesus' teachings say about those two aspects of Jesus' life?
8. What does Sanders say Jesus' small following did in comparison to other movements throughout history?
9. Once the Jews had changed their way of worshiping at around the time Jesus began his ministry, how did Satan's role change?
10. Who do historians believed helped take care of the disciples since they no longer worked for a living after they began to follow Jesus?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)