|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
2. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
3. Who baptized Jesus?
(c) No one.
(d) John the Baptist.
4. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The names of the people in government.
(b) The existence of Pilate.
(d) The place where Jesus worked.
5. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 180 C.E.
(b) 115 C.E.
(c) 36 C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
2. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
3. About which fact of Jesus' life is there no conflict?
4. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
5. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jesus' date of birth considered controversial?
2. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
3. What point does Sanders make about ethical perfectionism in terms of marriage?
4. According to external sources written in the first century, what was Jesus considered to be?
5. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
6. What did the term Messiah mean in ancient times?
7. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
8. What prediction do some people believe Jesus made at the Temple?
9. In Chapter 15, whom does Sanders say the apostles were accountable to?
10. What areas did the scholar Josephus study?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)