|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(a) As a mythical being.
(b) Theology and salvation.
(d) As a government leader.
2. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Travelled with him.
(c) Spread Jesus' teachings.
(d) Ate the Last Supper with him.
3. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(a) Baptize people.
(c) Teach people.
(d) Heal the sick.
4. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(b) An angel.
5. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 1 C.E.
(b) 5 B.C.E.
(c) 15 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
2. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
3. How many others were executed with Jesus?
4. What does C.E. stand for?
5. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
2. Once the Jews had changed their way of worshiping at around the time Jesus began his ministry, how did Satan's role change?
3. What are the terms B.C.E. and C.E. alternate abbreviations for, and what do they stand for?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
5. What does Sanders believe about any proof of Jesus giving himself a title?
6. Who do historians believed helped take care of the disciples since they no longer worked for a living after they began to follow Jesus?
7. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
8. What areas did the scholar Josephus study?
9. Why wasn't Jesus successful in his attempts to preach in Nazareth?
10. Why was anyone who opposed the law seen as a heretic or blasphemer in Jesus' time?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)