|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(b) 29 and 31 C.E.
(c) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(d) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
2. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The conflict at the Temple.
(c) The first worship service.
(d) The Last Supper.
3. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
4. Who baptized Jesus?
(a) No one.
(c) John the Baptist.
5. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
2. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
3. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
4. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
5. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Gospel of Luke, what did some of the disciples do for some time before recognizing Jesus following the resurrection?
2. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
3. Between what two groups was opposition of the law considered a basis for major conflict?
4. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
5. What did Jesus promise to anyone who was willing to make a sacrifice and follow him as a disciple?
6. What does the fact that the Gospel of Mark focuses on detailing Jesus' miracles while the Gospels of Matthew and Luke focus on Jesus' teachings say about those two aspects of Jesus' life?
7. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
8. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
9. What did Jesus' claim to be the Son of God make him appear to be to his critics?
10. Why wasn't Jesus convicted after the scene at the Temple?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)