|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(a) As a government leader.
(b) As a mythical being.
(c) Theology and salvation.
2. There are key differences between the Gospels and what science?
3. Capernaum is a small town in what?
4. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
5. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
2. What must a historian weigh?
3. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
4. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
5. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Pilate finally decide to have Jesus executed?
2. Why was it important for government leaders to be knowledgeable of divine law?
3. What structures did archeologists find that dated back to 70 C.E., thus alleviating some of the controversy about where Jesus taught?
4. Why was anyone who opposed the law seen as a heretic or blasphemer in Jesus' time?
5. What does Sanders say Jesus' small following did in comparison to other movements throughout history?
6. What prompted Jesus to begin his ministry at around the age of 20?
7. What two points does Sanders say are made clear about the Kingdom of God?
8. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
9. What does Sanders say God calls His people to do in terms of ethical perfectionism?
10. Why were miracle workers more likely to be celebrated in the ancient world than they are today?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)