|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The place where Jesus worked.
(b) The names of the people in government.
(c) The existence of Pilate.
2. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(a) He was thrown out of the city.
(c) Great success.
(d) He gathered disciples there.
3. How many others were executed with Jesus?
4. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 1 B.C.E.
(b) 15 B.C.E.
(c) 5 B.C.E.
(d) 1 C.E.
5. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
2. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
3. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
4. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
5. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the term Messiah mean in ancient times?
2. What did Jesus tell the apostles they would one day rule over?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Sanders say the historical proof suggests about Jesus in comparison to John the Baptist?
4. What speculation does Sanders make about why the majority of the scriptures cater to the Gentiles rather than the Jews?
5. What does Sanders conclude about what we know about Jesus?
6. What opposing view to Jesus' prediction at the Temple do some people have?
7. According to external sources written in the first century, what was Jesus considered to be?
8. What changed about the way the Jews worshiped at around the same time that Jesus began his ministry?
9. What does Sanders believe about any proof of Jesus giving himself a title?
10. When Pilate was first asked to execute Jesus, why did he refuse?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)