|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
2. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
3. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
(a) The people.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Egyptians.
4. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(c) John the Baptist.
5. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
6. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be a preacher.
(b) His claim to be the Son of God.
(c) His claim of performing miracles.
(d) His claim to be a teacher.
7. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Their money.
8. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
9. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were seen as miracle workers.
(b) They were loved by the people.
10. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(c) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(d) Seek them out.
11. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Kingdom of God.
(b) Last Supper.
(c) Divine being.
(d) Christian love.
12. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) The angels.
(c) The kingdom of Heaven.
(d) God's plan.
13. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
14. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(d) No one.
15. Who was accountable only to God?
(b) The people.
(c) Jesus' followers.
(d) The apostles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
2. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
3. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
4. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
5. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)