|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(d) John the Baptist.
2. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(b) A return of 10 fold.
(c) A return of 100 fold.
(d) A return of 50 fold.
3. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(a) John the Baptist's.
(b) Jesus' and the disciples'.
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(b) Defy the laws of man.
(c) Live at the standard of the law.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
6. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(b) He betrayed Jesus.
(c) He doubted Jesus.
(d) He did not attend the Last Supper.
7. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Law in Rome.
(b) Ethical perfectionism.
(c) Reversal of values.
(d) Law in Galilee.
8. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(a) The people.
9. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(b) Seek them out.
10. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(a) The apostles.
11. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
12. Who was accountable only to God?
(a) The apostles.
(b) Jesus' followers.
(d) The people.
13. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(a) Fairy Tales.
14. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(a) Son of God.
(c) Divine One.
15. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(c) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
2. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
3. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
4. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
5. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)