|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A thief.
(b) A traitor.
(d) A blasphemer or heretic.
2. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) A long life.
(b) A wealthy life.
(c) A life of suffering.
(d) Eternal life.
3. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Gentiles.
(c) The tribes of Israel.
(d) The apostles.
4. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He doubted Jesus.
(b) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(c) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(d) He betrayed Jesus.
5. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
6. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live at a higher standard than the law.
(b) Live at the standard of the law.
(c) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(d) Defy the laws of man.
7. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) A huge following.
(b) A place in Heaven.
(c) Unimaginable riches.
(d) Good health.
8. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) The kingdom of Heaven.
(c) The angels.
(d) God's plan.
9. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
10. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(a) The people.
11. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(b) Their money.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
12. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Divine being.
(b) Kingdom of God.
(c) Christian love.
(d) Last Supper.
13. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(d) No one.
14. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
15. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(d) Fairy Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
2. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
3. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
4. Who was accountable only to God?
5. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)