|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(a) Gather followers.
(c) Perform miracles.
2. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Good health.
(b) A huge following.
(c) Unimaginable riches.
(d) A place in Heaven.
3. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
4. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
(b) The fulfillment of a prophecy.
(d) A divine being.
5. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(a) Divine law.
(b) An ever-changing system.
(d) A dictatorship.
6. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
7. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be the Son of God.
(b) His claim of performing miracles.
(c) His claim to be a preacher.
(d) His claim to be a teacher.
8. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Defy the laws of man.
(b) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(c) Live at the standard of the law.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
9. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
10. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(b) Gave himself a title.
(d) Worked in Capernaum.
11. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
12. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Reversal of values.
(b) Ethical perfectionism.
(c) Law in Rome.
(d) Law in Galilee.
13. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
14. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were loved by the people.
(b) They were seen as miracle workers.
15. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
(a) The people.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Israelites.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
2. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
3. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
4. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
5. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)