|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
2. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(c) Unpredictability of God.
(d) Ethical perfectionism.
3. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
4. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(d) The people.
5. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(a) Seeking fame.
(b) Failure to have children.
6. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(b) He betrayed Jesus.
(c) He doubted Jesus.
(d) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
7. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The people.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Israelites.
8. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
9. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(b) They were seen as miracle workers.
(d) They were loved by the people.
10. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) An adulterer.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
11. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A blasphemer or heretic.
(b) A thief.
(d) A traitor.
12. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(b) Performed miracles.
(c) Told people to break laws.
(d) Told people to gather wealth.
13. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
14. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(b) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
15. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be a preacher.
(b) His claim to be a teacher.
(c) His claim of performing miracles.
(d) His claim to be the Son of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
2. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
3. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
4. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)