|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(a) A return of 100 fold.
(b) A return of 50 fold.
(d) A return of 10 fold.
2. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Christian love.
(b) Last Supper.
(c) Kingdom of God.
(d) Divine being.
3. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(a) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
4. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(b) He betrayed Jesus.
(c) He doubted Jesus.
(d) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
5. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) A life of suffering.
(c) A long life.
(d) A wealthy life.
6. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The people.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Israelites.
7. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The Gentiles.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The tribes of Israel.
8. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Gotten out of his execution.
(b) Become rich and famous.
(c) Punished people he disliked.
(d) Cured all disease.
9. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
10. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(b) The apostles.
11. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(a) The people.
12. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(d) John the Baptist.
13. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Miracle worker.
(b) Man gathering disciples.
(c) Christian leader.
(d) Man born of a virgin.
14. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(a) John the Baptist's.
(d) Jesus' and the disciples'.
15. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(a) Son of God.
(b) Divine One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
2. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
3. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
4. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
5. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)