|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Kingdom of God.
(b) Christian love.
(c) Last Supper.
(d) Divine being.
2. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(d) No one.
3. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
4. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be a preacher.
(b) His claim of performing miracles.
(c) His claim to be a teacher.
(d) His claim to be the Son of God.
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
6. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) God's plan.
(b) The kingdom of Heaven.
(d) The angels.
7. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Luke and John.
(d) Mark and Matthew.
8. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(b) The apostles.
9. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(b) Gather followers.
(c) Perform miracles.
10. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were seen as miracle workers.
(d) They were loved by the people.
11. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(a) Divine One.
(d) Son of God.
12. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Seek them out.
(b) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
13. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(b) Unpredictability of God.
14. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(c) Worked in Capernaum.
15. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) Divine law.
(d) An ever-changing system.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
2. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
3. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
4. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
5. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)