|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(a) A return of 50 fold.
(b) A return of 100 fold.
(c) A return of 10 fold.
2. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(b) Divine law.
(c) An ever-changing system.
(d) A dictatorship.
3. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live at the standard of the law.
(b) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(c) Defy the laws of man.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
4. Who was accountable only to God?
(a) Jesus' followers.
(b) The apostles.
(d) The people.
5. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(a) Son of God.
(c) Divine One.
6. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
(c) The fulfillment of a prophecy.
(d) A divine being.
7. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
8. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A blasphemer or heretic.
(c) A thief.
(d) A traitor.
9. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Performed miracles.
(b) Told people to break laws.
(c) Gave himself a title.
(d) Told people to gather wealth.
10. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(b) No one.
11. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
12. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(c) The people.
13. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The government leaders.
(d) The Egyptians.
14. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim of performing miracles.
(b) His claim to be a preacher.
(c) His claim to be the Son of God.
(d) His claim to be a teacher.
15. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
2. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
3. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
4. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
5. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)