|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were loved by the people.
(d) They were seen as miracle workers.
2. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(d) No one.
3. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) The kingdom of Heaven.
(b) God's plan.
(c) The angels.
4. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(a) A return of 10 fold.
(b) A return of 50 fold.
(c) A return of 100 fold.
5. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Punished people he disliked.
(b) Become rich and famous.
(c) Cured all disease.
(d) Gotten out of his execution.
6. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
(a) The Prodigal Son.
(b) The Mustard Seed.
(c) The Perfect Son.
(d) The Lost Sheep.
7. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Unimaginable riches.
(b) Good health.
(c) A place in Heaven.
(d) A huge following.
8. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
9. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A blasphemer or heretic.
(d) A thief.
10. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be the Son of God.
(b) His claim to be a teacher.
(c) His claim of performing miracles.
(d) His claim to be a preacher.
11. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
(c) A divine being.
(d) The fulfillment of a prophecy.
12. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Reversal of values.
(b) Law in Galilee.
(c) Law in Rome.
(d) Ethical perfectionism.
13. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(c) John the Baptist.
14. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(b) Seek them out.
15. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Miracle worker.
(b) Man born of a virgin.
(c) Man gathering disciples.
(d) Christian leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
2. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
3. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
4. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
5. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)