|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(a) Divine law.
(b) A dictatorship.
(d) An ever-changing system.
2. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
3. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(b) Son of God.
(d) Divine One.
4. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
5. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) The angels.
(b) God's plan.
(c) The kingdom of Heaven.
6. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The tribes of Israel.
(d) The Gentiles.
7. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(d) John the Baptist.
8. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Christian leader.
(b) Man born of a virgin.
(c) Man gathering disciples.
(d) Miracle worker.
9. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(b) The people.
10. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(b) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(c) He doubted Jesus.
(d) He betrayed Jesus.
11. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(c) Unpredictability of God.
12. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Mark and Matthew.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Luke and John.
(d) Mark and John.
13. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
14. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(c) The apostles.
15. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Performed miracles.
(b) Told people to break laws.
(c) Told people to gather wealth.
(d) Gave himself a title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
2. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
3. Who was accountable only to God?
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)