|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were celebrated.
(b) They were feared.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They were ridiculed.
2. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The tribes of Israel.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The apostles.
(d) The Gentiles.
3. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) A long life.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) A wealthy life.
(d) A life of suffering.
4. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(b) The people.
5. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
(a) Day-to-day living.
6. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(b) Fairy Tales.
7. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
8. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(b) Son of God.
(d) Divine One.
9. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) A huge following.
(b) A place in Heaven.
(c) Good health.
(d) Unimaginable riches.
10. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Become rich and famous.
(b) Punished people he disliked.
(c) Cured all disease.
(d) Gotten out of his execution.
11. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
12. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(c) John the Baptist's.
(d) Jesus' and the disciples'.
13. Who was accountable only to God?
(a) The apostles.
(c) The people.
(d) Jesus' followers.
14. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(c) No one.
15. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
2. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
3. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
4. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
5. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)