|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were celebrated.
(d) They were feared.
2. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) A long life.
(b) A wealthy life.
(c) Eternal life.
(d) A life of suffering.
3. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(c) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(d) Seek them out.
4. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(a) Failure to have children.
(d) Seeking fame.
5. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(d) The apostles.
6. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
7. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
8. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
(a) Day-to-day living.
9. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(b) A return of 50 fold.
(c) A return of 10 fold.
(d) A return of 100 fold.
10. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A thief.
(d) A blasphemer or heretic.
11. Who was accountable only to God?
(b) Jesus' followers.
(c) The apostles.
(d) The people.
12. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
13. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(a) Fairy Tales.
14. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
15. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Luke and John.
(c) Matthew and Luke.
(d) Mark and Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
2. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
3. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
4. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
5. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)