|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
2. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The tribes of Israel.
(c) The Gentiles.
(d) The Jews.
3. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
4. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Performed miracles.
(b) Gave himself a title.
(c) Told people to break laws.
(d) Told people to gather wealth.
6. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(b) Fairy Tales.
7. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(c) No one.
8. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(d) The people.
9. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
10. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
11. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(b) A return of 10 fold.
(c) A return of 50 fold.
(d) A return of 100 fold.
12. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were celebrated.
(c) They were feared.
(d) They were arrested.
13. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(b) They were seen as miracle workers.
(d) They were loved by the people.
14. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Defy the laws of man.
(b) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(c) Live at the standard of the law.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
15. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A thief.
(c) A blasphemer or heretic.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
2. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
3. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
4. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
5. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)