|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(b) Their money.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
2. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(b) He doubted Jesus.
(c) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(d) He betrayed Jesus.
3. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
4. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were seen as miracle workers.
(b) They were loved by the people.
5. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) An adulterer.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
6. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(b) John the Baptist.
7. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Gotten out of his execution.
(b) Punished people he disliked.
(c) Cured all disease.
(d) Become rich and famous.
8. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(b) Divine One.
(c) Son of God.
9. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(a) The kingdom of Heaven.
(c) God's plan.
(d) The angels.
10. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(a) Gather followers.
(b) Perform miracles.
11. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Gentiles.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The tribes of Israel.
12. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(a) Divine law.
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) An ever-changing system.
13. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) A wealthy life.
(b) A long life.
(c) A life of suffering.
(d) Eternal life.
14. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Miracle worker.
(b) Man gathering disciples.
(c) Man born of a virgin.
(d) Christian leader.
15. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Reversal of values.
(b) Ethical perfectionism.
(c) Law in Galilee.
(d) Law in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
2. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
3. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
4. Who was accountable only to God?
5. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)