|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
(a) A wealthy life.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) A long life.
(d) A life of suffering.
2. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Luke and John.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Mark and Matthew.
3. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim of performing miracles.
(b) His claim to be the Son of God.
(c) His claim to be a teacher.
(d) His claim to be a preacher.
4. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(d) Worked in Capernaum.
6. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Unimaginable riches.
(b) A place in Heaven.
(c) A huge following.
(d) Good health.
7. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Cured all disease.
(b) Punished people he disliked.
(c) Become rich and famous.
(d) Gotten out of his execution.
8. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(b) They were seen as miracle workers.
(c) They were loved by the people.
9. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Seek them out.
(c) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
10. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were celebrated.
(d) They were feared.
11. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) A heretic.
12. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
13. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(c) Failure to have children.
(d) Seeking fame.
14. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(a) John the Baptist's.
(d) Jesus' and the disciples'.
15. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
2. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
3. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
4. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
5. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)