|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was accountable only to God?
(b) The people.
(c) Jesus' followers.
(d) The apostles.
2. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(a) Divine law.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) An ever-changing system.
3. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(a) The apostles.
4. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The people.
5. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
6. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
7. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Their money.
8. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(b) Jesus' and the disciples'.
(c) John the Baptist's.
9. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(c) Worked in Capernaum.
10. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(d) The people.
11. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Man born of a virgin.
(b) Miracle worker.
(c) Man gathering disciples.
(d) Christian leader.
12. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
(a) The fulfillment of a prophecy.
(c) A divine being.
13. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He doubted Jesus.
(b) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(c) He betrayed Jesus.
(d) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
14. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
15. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) A place in Heaven.
(b) Good health.
(c) A huge following.
(d) Unimaginable riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
2. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
3. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
4. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
5. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)