|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Last Supper.
(b) Christian love.
(c) Kingdom of God.
(d) Divine being.
2. Who was accountable only to God?
(a) The people.
(b) The apostles.
(d) Jesus' followers.
3. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A blasphemer or heretic.
(d) A thief.
4. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(d) Seek them out.
5. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
6. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(c) They were loved by the people.
(d) They were seen as miracle workers.
7. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(a) The apostles.
8. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They were ridiculed.
(c) They were feared.
(d) They were celebrated.
9. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(c) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
10. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(b) Worked in Capernaum.
11. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(b) Unpredictability of God.
(d) Ethical perfectionism.
12. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(b) John the Baptist.
13. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Matthew and Luke.
(b) Mark and John.
(c) Luke and John.
(d) Mark and Matthew.
14. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The tribes of Israel.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Gentiles.
15. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
2. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
3. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
4. Opposition of the law was a basis for major conflict between the government of Jesus' time and what group?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)