|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(b) God's plan.
(c) The kingdom of Heaven.
(d) The angels.
2. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) The Israelites.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The government leaders.
3. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Mark and Matthew.
(d) Luke and John.
4. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Good health.
(b) Unimaginable riches.
(c) A huge following.
(d) A place in Heaven.
5. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(a) Seek them out.
(d) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
6. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
7. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(c) The apostles.
8. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(b) A blasphemer or heretic.
(c) A thief.
(d) A traitor.
9. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
10. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
(b) Day-to-day living.
11. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The tribes of Israel.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The apostles.
(d) The Gentiles.
12. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were seen as miracle workers.
(b) They were loved by the people.
13. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
14. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(a) Failure to have children.
(d) Seeking fame.
15. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live at a higher standard than the law.
(b) Defy the laws of man.
(c) Live at the standard of the law.
(d) Live beneath the standard of the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
2. Sanders says that today we would see many of Jesus' conflicts with the law as what?
3. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
4. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
5. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)