|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were loved by the people.
(d) They were seen as miracle workers.
2. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
(a) The government leaders.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Israelites.
3. In what parable is a son who leaves home welcomed back while his loyal brother is ignored?
(a) The Mustard Seed.
(b) The Prodigal Son.
(c) The Lost Sheep.
(d) The Perfect Son.
4. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Gentiles.
(b) The tribes of Israel.
(c) The apostles.
(d) The Jews.
5. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(a) Jesus' and the disciples'.
(d) John the Baptist's.
6. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
7. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
8. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Christian leader.
(b) Man born of a virgin.
(c) Man gathering disciples.
(d) Miracle worker.
9. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(b) He doubted Jesus.
(c) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(d) He betrayed Jesus.
10. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(c) No one.
11. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(d) Worked in Capernaum.
12. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(b) A thief.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A blasphemer or heretic.
13. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(b) Divine One.
(c) Son of God.
14. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Defy the laws of man.
(b) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(c) Live at the standard of the law.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
15. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Matthew and Luke.
(b) Mark and Matthew.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Luke and John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
2. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
3. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
4. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
5. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)