|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live at the standard of the law.
(b) Defy the laws of man.
(c) Live beneath the standard of the law.
(d) Live at a higher standard than the law.
2. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(b) He doubted Jesus.
(c) He betrayed Jesus.
(d) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
3. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(b) Failure to have children.
(c) Seeking fame.
4. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) A heretic.
(d) A blasphemer.
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
6. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
7. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(a) Divine One.
(c) Son of God.
8. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be a teacher.
(b) His claim to be the Son of God.
(c) His claim to be a preacher.
(d) His claim of performing miracles.
9. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(b) A traitor.
(c) A thief.
(d) A blasphemer or heretic.
10. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Man born of a virgin.
(b) Miracle worker.
(c) Man gathering disciples.
(d) Christian leader.
11. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Good health.
(b) Unimaginable riches.
(c) A place in Heaven.
(d) A huge following.
12. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
13. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(a) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
14. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(b) Law in Rome.
(c) Law in Galilee.
(d) Reversal of values.
15. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(c) Worked in Capernaum.
(d) Gave himself a title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
2. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
3. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
4. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
5. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)