|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
(a) Luke and John.
(b) Mark and Matthew.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
2. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(c) Unpredictability of God.
3. According to Sanders, a man who divorces and remarries is considered what?
(a) An adulterer.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) A heretic.
4. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(c) The apostles.
5. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
(a) Man gathering disciples.
(b) Christian leader.
(c) Miracle worker.
(d) Man born of a virgin.
6. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(c) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
(d) Seek them out.
7. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(c) Failure to have children.
(d) Seeking fame.
8. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A thief.
(d) A blasphemer or heretic.
9. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He doubted Jesus.
(b) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(c) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(d) He betrayed Jesus.
10. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Worked in Capernaum.
(d) Gave himself a title.
11. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
(a) Perform miracles.
(d) Gather followers.
12. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Performed miracles.
(b) Gave himself a title.
(c) Told people to gather wealth.
(d) Told people to break laws.
13. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The government leaders.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The wealthy.
14. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
(a) Day-to-day living.
15. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The apostles.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Gentiles.
(d) The tribes of Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
2. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
3. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)