|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be a preacher.
(b) His claim of performing miracles.
(c) His claim to be a teacher.
(d) His claim to be the Son of God.
2. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were celebrated.
(b) They were ridiculed.
(c) They were feared.
(d) They were arrested.
3. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(b) Their money.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. Who was accountable only to God?
(b) The apostles.
(c) The people.
(d) Jesus' followers.
5. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) Unimaginable riches.
(b) A huge following.
(c) Good health.
(d) A place in Heaven.
6. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
7. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(d) John the Baptist.
8. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
(b) He doubted Jesus.
(c) He betrayed Jesus.
(d) He did not attend the Last Supper.
9. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
10. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(a) A return of 100 fold.
(c) A return of 10 fold.
(d) A return of 50 fold.
11. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
12. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
13. What was one of the specific groups of people the ministry focused on?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The government leaders.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The wealthy.
14. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(b) The kingdom of Heaven.
(c) God's plan.
(d) The angels.
15. What kind of stories did Jesus use in his teachings?
(d) Fairy Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
2. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
3. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
4. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
5. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)