|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reference to miracles, what were people in the ancient world more inclined to do?
(b) Seek them out.
(d) Ridicule those claiming to perform them.
2. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
3. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(c) No one.
4. The laws of what area are discussed in Chapter 14?
5. What does Sanders refer to reversal of values as?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(b) Unpredictability of God.
6. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(b) The people.
7. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) A place in Heaven.
(b) Unimaginable riches.
(c) Good health.
(d) A huge following.
8. How much of a return did Jesus tell the apostles they would get for their sacrifice?
(a) A return of 50 fold.
(c) A return of 100 fold.
(d) A return of 10 fold.
9. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Gentiles.
(b) The tribes of Israel.
(c) The apostles.
(d) The Jews.
10. According to Jesus, who would be given rule over the tribes of Israel?
(d) The apostles.
11. What claim of Jesus' do some people say made him seem egotistical?
(a) His claim to be the Son of God.
(b) His claim to be a preacher.
(c) His claim to be a teacher.
(d) His claim of performing miracles.
12. Some people believe that Jesus' ability to perform miracles is proof that he was what?
(a) The fulfillment of a prophecy.
(d) A divine being.
13. What type of perfectionism is discussed in Chapter 13?
14. According to Sanders, what is against God's wishes?
(b) Failure to have children.
(d) Seeking fame.
15. Whose experiences of conflict with the law does Sanders go into great detail about?
(b) Jesus' and the disciples'.
(c) John the Baptist's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people believe that Jesus' divinity gave him the ability to do what?
2. What was anyone who opposed the law in Jesus' time considered to be?
3. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
4. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)