|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The apostles.
(c) The Gentiles.
(d) The tribes of Israel.
2. According to the scriptures, what reward did Jesus promise the apostles?
(a) A place in Heaven.
(b) Unimaginable riches.
(c) Good health.
(d) A huge following.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say there is no proof that Jesus did?
(a) Gave himself a title.
(d) Worked in Capernaum.
4. In ancient times, what did the term Messiah mean?
(b) Divine One.
(d) Son of God.
5. What phrase does Sanders attempt to define in Chapter 11?
(a) Divine being.
(b) Last Supper.
(c) Kingdom of God.
(d) Christian love.
6. What did Jesus tell his followers to sacrifice?
(a) Their money.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
7. What does Sanders say God calls his people to do?
(a) Live at a higher standard than the law.
(b) Live at the standard of the law.
(c) Defy the laws of man.
(d) Live beneath the standard of the law.
8. In Chapter 15, what does Sanders say that some people believe Jesus did in his preaching that was a very inappropriate practice?
(a) Told people to break laws.
(b) Told people to gather wealth.
(c) Gave himself a title.
(d) Performed miracles.
9. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
(a) No one.
10. What did Jesus say people who followed him would come to know?
(b) God's plan.
(c) The kingdom of Heaven.
(d) The angels.
11. What aspect of life is it clear will not be the same in Heaven?
(c) Day-to-day living.
12. "He who is first will be last and he who is last will be first" is an example of what?
(a) Ethical perfectionism.
(b) Law in Rome.
(c) Law in Galilee.
(d) Reversal of values.
13. What does Mark point out that Jesus could have done with his ability to perform miracles?
(a) Cured all disease.
(b) Become rich and famous.
(c) Gotten out of his execution.
(d) Punished people he disliked.
14. Which apostle do scholars say would not have been rewarded?
15. Who is it clear does not reign on Earth today, but will some day?
(a) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Gospels focus on Jesus' teachings?
2. What kind of life did Jesus say the apostles would have in return for their sacrifice?
3. Which of the Gospels was focuses on Jesus' miracles?
4. The meaning of what title has changed greatly since Jesus' time?
5. Who is the one ruler that is always present in Heaven?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)