|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
(b) Joseph Caiaphas.
(c) Herod Antipas.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
2. The author indicates that Jesus was born around the time of whose death?
(c) Herod the Great.
(d) John the Baptist.
3. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) He is not mentioned.
(b) Mentioned a great deal.
(c) A complete history of his life is documented.
(d) Mentioned only incidentally.
4. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 180 C.E.
(b) 36 C.E.
(c) 115 C.E.
5. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
(a) Three months old.
(c) Late 20s.
(d) Late 30s.
6. About which fact of Jesus' life is there no conflict?
(a) Jesus' conflict in the Temple.
(b) Jesus' date of death.
(c) Jesus' date of birth.
(d) The place where Jesus lived.
7. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
8. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
9. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 21.
(c) December 24.
(d) December 22.
10. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
11. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
(a) As an amazing performer of miracles.
(b) As relatively unknown.
(c) As a great leader.
(d) As a powerful man.
12. Capernaum is a small town in what?
13. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(a) As a mythical being.
(b) Theology and salvation.
(d) As a government leader.
14. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) 29 and 31 C.E.
(b) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(c) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(d) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
15. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Only the facts.
(b) The way his work will be received by the public.
(c) Oral traditions.
(d) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
2. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
3. What does C.E. stand for?
4. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
5. Who baptized Jesus?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)