|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leadership role was responsible for the day-to-day government of Rome?
(a) The governor.
(b) The high priest in Jerusalem.
(c) The dictator.
(d) The prefect.
2. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 115 C.E.
(c) 180 C.E.
(d) 36 C.E.
3. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
4. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
(b) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(c) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(d) 29 and 31 C.E.
5. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
6. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 30 C.E.
(b) 134 C.E.
(c) 80 C.E.
(d) 12 B.C.E.
7. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
8. Who was the high priest of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus?
(a) Joseph Caiaphas.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(c) Herod Antipas.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
9. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His Parables.
(b) His early childhood only.
(c) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(d) His birth.
10. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(b) Teach people.
(c) Baptize people.
(d) Heal the sick.
11. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 5.
(b) The year 30.
(c) The year 15.
(d) The year 20.
12. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
13. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
(a) April 16.
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Sunday 17, Nisan.
(d) Friday 15, Nisan.
14. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 66 C.E.
(c) 16 B.C.E.
(d) 5 C.E.
15. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) Mentioned only incidentally.
(b) A complete history of his life is documented.
(c) Mentioned a great deal.
(d) He is not mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
2. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
3. What does C.E. stand for?
4. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
5. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)