|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Travelled with him.
(c) Ate the Last Supper with him.
(d) Spread Jesus' teachings.
2. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Joseph Caiaphas.
(d) Herod Antipas.
3. What is the main problem historians have with the calendars used by the ancients?
(a) They are different from the one we use today.
(b) There is no problem.
(c) There were no calendars in existence.
(d) They were not uniform.
4. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
5. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
(a) Between 26 and 36 C.E.
(b) Between 16 and 26 C.E.
(c) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(d) Between 20 and 30 C.E.
6. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) A conversation with God.
(b) An out-of-body experience.
(c) Divine powers.
(d) A spiritual awakening.
7. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Joseph Caiaphas.
(c) Herod Antipas.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
8. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 20.
(b) The year 5.
(c) The year 15.
(d) The year 30.
9. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Friday 15, Nisan.
(c) Sunday 17, Nisan.
(d) April 16.
10. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(d) John the Baptist.
11. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(b) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
(c) 29 and 31 C.E.
(d) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
12. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(b) Only the facts.
(c) Oral traditions.
(d) The way his work will be received by the public.
13. How many others were executed with Jesus?
14. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
(a) Through the writing of the Gospels.
(b) In complete written narratives.
(c) Through the oral tradition.
(d) In newspapers.
15. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The names of the people in government.
(b) The existence of Pilate.
(d) The place where Jesus worked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B.C.E stand for?
2. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
3. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
4. What does B.C. stand for?
5. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)