|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
2. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
3. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 15 B.C.E.
(b) 1 C.E.
(c) 5 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
4. When were the Gospels named?
(b) 115 C.E.
(c) 180 C.E.
(d) 36 C.E.
5. The author indicates that Jesus was born around the time of whose death?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) Herod the Great.
6. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
(b) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(c) 29 and 31 C.E.
(d) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
7. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) As soon as he died.
(b) A little over 200 years ago.
(c) About 1000 years ago.
(d) About 50 years ago.
8. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
(b) Late 30s.
(c) Late 20s.
(d) Three months old.
9. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
(a) As relatively unknown.
(b) As a powerful man.
(c) As an amazing performer of miracles.
(d) As a great leader.
10. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
11. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Ate the Last Supper with him.
(c) Spread Jesus' teachings.
(d) Travelled with him.
12. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 12 B.C.E.
(b) 80 C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 30 C.E.
13. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 20.
(b) The year 30.
(c) The year 15.
(d) The year 5.
14. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Several documents are written about him.
(b) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(c) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
15. Who baptized Jesus?
(b) No one.
(d) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
2. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
3. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
4. What did Josephus study?
5. What must a historian weigh?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)