|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) One week.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 40 years.
(d) One month.
2. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
(b) Surviving documents.
(c) Oral traditions.
(d) Books written about him.
3. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) April 16.
(c) Sunday 17, Nisan.
(d) Friday 15, Nisan.
4. Who baptized Jesus?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) No one.
5. What problem with the Gospels makes it hard to determine the date of Jesus' birth?
(a) They have been revised to hide the date.
(b) They don't talk about Jesus' birth.
(c) They are difficult to read.
(d) They are often in conflict with each other.
6. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(b) The place where Jesus worked.
(c) The names of the people in government.
(d) The existence of Pilate.
7. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) Anno Domini.
(b) After Death.
(c) After Divinity.
(d) Accepted Divinity.
8. What leadership role was responsible for the day-to-day government of Rome?
(a) The governor.
(b) The dictator.
(c) The high priest in Jerusalem.
(d) The prefect.
9. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) 29 and 31 C.E.
(b) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
(c) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(d) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
10. What did Josephus study?
(a) The culture of Israel.
(b) Palestinian ceremonies.
(d) History and biblical law.
11. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(a) Baptize people.
(c) Teach people.
(d) Heal the sick.
12. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
(a) Purely fictional.
(b) Purely historical.
(d) A mix of fact and fiction.
13. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
14. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) The conflict at the Temple.
(c) The first worship service.
(d) The resurrection.
15. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does B.C. stand for?
2. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
3. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
4. What does C.E. stand for?
5. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)