|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
(a) Books written about him.
(b) Surviving documents.
(d) Oral traditions.
2. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
3. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) The conflict at the Temple.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The first worship service.
4. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(b) His birth.
(c) His early childhood only.
(d) His Parables.
5. When were the Gospels named?
(b) 36 C.E.
(c) 180 C.E.
(d) 115 C.E.
6. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
7. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
(a) Joseph Caiaphas.
(b) Herod Antipas.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
8. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In a biographical style.
(b) In short passages.
(c) In long narratives.
(d) In his diaries.
9. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 15.
(b) The year 30.
(c) The year 5.
(d) The year 20.
10. What problem with the Gospels makes it hard to determine the date of Jesus' birth?
(a) They don't talk about Jesus' birth.
(b) They are difficult to read.
(c) They are often in conflict with each other.
(d) They have been revised to hide the date.
11. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Samuel Josephus.
(b) Bishop Linda Lee.
(c) E.P. Sanders.
(d) Michael Parker.
12. What did Josephus study?
(a) Palestinian ceremonies.
(c) The culture of Israel.
(d) History and biblical law.
13. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(c) An angel.
14. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) A complete history of his life is documented.
(b) He is not mentioned.
(c) Mentioned a great deal.
(d) Mentioned only incidentally.
15. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
2. What does A.D. stand for?
3. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
4. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
5. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)