|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(b) Baptize people.
(c) Teach people.
(d) Heal the sick.
2. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 5 B.C.E.
(b) 1 C.E.
(c) 15 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
3. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(c) John the Baptist.
4. Capernaum is a small town in what?
5. What is the main problem historians have with the calendars used by the ancients?
(a) There is no problem.
(b) They are different from the one we use today.
(c) There were no calendars in existence.
(d) They were not uniform.
6. Who was the high priest of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus?
(a) Joseph Caiaphas.
(b) Herod Antipas.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
7. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 134 C.E.
(b) 80 C.E.
(c) 30 C.E.
(d) 12 B.C.E.
8. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Between Christ's Eras.
(b) Before Christ's Era.
(c) Before Common Evolution.
(d) Before Common Era.
9. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
10. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 20.
(b) The year 5.
(c) The year 30.
(d) The year 15.
11. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) Divine powers.
(b) A spiritual awakening.
(c) An out-of-body experience.
(d) A conversation with God.
12. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(b) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
13. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(b) Government buildings.
14. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) Accepted Divinity.
(b) After Divinity.
(c) After Death.
(d) Anno Domini.
15. How long did the Israelites wander the desert after fleeing Egypt?
(a) 11 months.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 40 years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
2. What problem with the Gospels makes it hard to determine the date of Jesus' birth?
3. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
4. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
5. When were the Gospels named?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)