|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) Divine powers.
(b) A conversation with God.
(c) A spiritual awakening.
(d) An out-of-body experience.
2. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
3. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(b) Christian scribes.
(c) It has not been revised.
4. Who baptized Jesus?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) No one.
5. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 12 B.C.E.
(b) 30 C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 80 C.E.
6. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
7. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(a) He gathered disciples there.
(b) Great success.
(c) He was thrown out of the city.
8. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
(a) Between 26 and 36 C.E.
(b) Between 20 and 30 C.E.
(c) Between 16 and 26 C.E.
(d) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
9. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(c) Joseph Caiaphas.
(d) Herod Antipas.
10. What is the main problem historians have with the calendars used by the ancients?
(a) There is no problem.
(b) They were not uniform.
(c) They are different from the one we use today.
(d) There were no calendars in existence.
11. What does C.E. stand for?
(a) Christ's Era.
(b) Common Era.
(c) Christian Evolution.
(d) Common Epiphany.
12. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(d) Government buildings.
13. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
14. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(b) Only the facts.
(c) The way his work will be received by the public.
(d) Oral traditions.
15. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(a) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
2. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
3. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
4. Who was the high priest of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus?
5. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)