|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
2. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
(a) In a marketplace.
(b) Mount Horeb.
(c) Along the River Jordan.
(d) The Temple.
3. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
4. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(d) Government buildings.
5. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(b) His Parables.
(c) His early childhood only.
(d) His birth.
6. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
(a) Friday 15, Nisan.
(b) Sunday 17, Nisan.
(c) Ash Wednesday.
(d) April 16.
7. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
(b) Divine beings.
8. What does B.C. stand for?
(a) Before Christ.
(b) Before Crucifixion.
(c) Before Christmas.
(d) Between Commonalities.
9. What leadership role was responsible for the day-to-day government of Rome?
(a) The governor.
(b) The high priest in Jerusalem.
(c) The prefect.
(d) The dictator.
10. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
11. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
12. About which people did Josephus write?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Palestinians.
(d) The Gentiles.
13. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(b) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
(d) Several documents are written about him.
14. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
15. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
(b) Late 20s.
(c) Late 30s.
(d) Three months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others were executed with Jesus?
2. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
3. Who wrote the Gospels?
4. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
5. Who baptized Jesus?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)