|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(a) John the Baptist.
2. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(a) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
3. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 1 C.E.
(b) 15 B.C.E.
(c) 5 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
4. Who baptized Jesus?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) No one.
5. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(b) Oral traditions.
(c) Only the facts.
(d) The way his work will be received by the public.
6. What did Josephus study?
(a) History and biblical law.
(c) Palestinian ceremonies.
(d) The culture of Israel.
7. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 66 C.E.
(b) 16 B.C.E.
(c) 100 C.E.
(d) 5 C.E.
8. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
9. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
10. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 30 C.E.
(b) 80 C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 12 B.C.E.
11. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) Anno Domini.
(b) Accepted Divinity.
(c) After Divinity.
(d) After Death.
12. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(c) A sure way to Heaven.
13. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The conflict at the Temple.
(c) The first worship service.
(d) The Last Supper.
14. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 5.
(b) The year 20.
(c) The year 15.
(d) The year 30.
15. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(c) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
(d) Several documents are written about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
2. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
3. What does B.C.E stand for?
4. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Gospels?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)