|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) Divine powers.
(b) An out-of-body experience.
(c) A conversation with God.
(d) A spiritual awakening.
2. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(b) Government buildings.
3. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
(b) Three months old.
(c) Late 30s.
(d) Late 20s.
4. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
(a) December 21.
(b) December 24.
(c) December 25.
(d) December 22.
5. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(b) Great success.
(c) He was thrown out of the city.
(d) He gathered disciples there.
6. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) After Death.
(b) Anno Domini.
(c) After Divinity.
(d) Accepted Divinity.
7. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Oral traditions.
(b) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(c) The way his work will be received by the public.
(d) Only the facts.
8. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Christ's Era.
(b) Between Christ's Eras.
(c) Before Common Era.
(d) Before Common Evolution.
9. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
10. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 180 C.E.
(b) 115 C.E.
(c) 36 C.E.
11. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
(a) In newspapers.
(b) Through the oral tradition.
(c) In complete written narratives.
(d) Through the writing of the Gospels.
12. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(a) An angel.
13. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(a) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
(c) Laws made by the government.
(d) Their prayer for a teacher.
14. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His early childhood only.
(b) His birth.
(c) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(d) His Parables.
15. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others were executed with Jesus?
2. What did Josephus study?
3. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
4. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
5. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)