|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Travelled with him.
(b) Ate the Last Supper with him.
(c) Spread Jesus' teachings.
2. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
(a) Herod Antipas.
(b) Joseph Caiaphas.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
3. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
(a) Mount Horeb.
(b) The Temple.
(c) In a marketplace.
(d) Along the River Jordan.
4. How many others were executed with Jesus?
5. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Between Christ's Eras.
(b) Before Common Era.
(c) Before Common Evolution.
(d) Before Christ's Era.
6. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 20.
(b) The year 15.
(c) The year 30.
(d) The year 5.
7. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Only the facts.
(b) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
(c) Oral traditions.
(d) The way his work will be received by the public.
8. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 40 days.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) 40 years.
9. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
10. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Samuel Josephus.
(b) Michael Parker.
(c) Bishop Linda Lee.
(d) E.P. Sanders.
11. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) A conversation with God.
(b) A spiritual awakening.
(c) An out-of-body experience.
(d) Divine powers.
12. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(a) Their prayer for a teacher.
(c) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
(d) Laws made by the government.
13. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(a) He gathered disciples there.
(c) Great success.
(d) He was thrown out of the city.
14. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
(a) A larger following.
(b) Historical proof of what they said and did.
(c) The ability to teach people.
(d) No proof of their actions.
15. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(b) His Parables.
(c) His birth.
(d) His early childhood only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
2. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
3. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
4. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
5. What did Josephus study?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)