|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
(d) Divine beings.
2. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Remain in hiding.
(c) Preach the Word of God.
(d) Stay at the tomb.
3. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(d) Rome proper.
4. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(c) It has not been revised.
(d) Christian scribes.
5. What must a historian weigh?
(a) Only the facts.
(b) The way his work will be received by the public.
(c) Oral traditions.
(d) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
6. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(b) John the Baptist.
7. How long did the Israelites wander the desert after fleeing Egypt?
(a) 40 days.
(b) One year.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 11 months.
8. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
9. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(a) Their prayer for a teacher.
(c) Laws made by the government.
(d) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
10. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(a) As a government leader.
(c) As a mythical being.
(d) Theology and salvation.
11. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Between Christ's Eras.
(b) Before Christ's Era.
(c) Before Common Evolution.
(d) Before Common Era.
12. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(a) Teach people.
(c) Heal the sick.
(d) Baptize people.
13. There are key differences between the Gospels and what science?
14. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The place where Jesus worked.
(c) The names of the people in government.
(d) The existence of Pilate.
15. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 16 B.C.E.
(b) 100 C.E.
(c) 66 C.E.
(d) 5 C.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Gospels named?
2. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
3. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
4. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
5. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)