Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(b) 29 and 31 C.E.
(c) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(d) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
2. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The conflict at the Temple.
(c) The first worship service.
(d) The Last Supper.
3. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
4. Who baptized Jesus?
(a) No one.
(c) John the Baptist.
5. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
6. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
(a) Books written about him.
(b) Surviving documents.
(d) Oral traditions.
7. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
(a) In complete written narratives.
(b) In newspapers.
(c) Through the oral tradition.
(d) Through the writing of the Gospels.
8. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
(a) His Parables.
(b) His relationships, history, and teachings.
(c) His early childhood only.
(d) His birth.
9. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
10. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
(b) Theology and salvation.
(c) As a government leader.
(d) As a mythical being.
11. What must a historian weigh?
(a) The way his work will be received by the public.
(b) Oral traditions.
(c) Only the facts.
(d) Facts, news stories, and rumors.
12. What rural area did Jesus begin teaching in?
13. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
14. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(b) Laws made by the government.
(c) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
(d) Their prayer for a teacher.
15. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Michael Parker.
(b) E.P. Sanders.
(c) Bishop Linda Lee.
(d) Samuel Josephus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
2. Who was the high priest of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus?
3. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
4. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
5. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)