|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The names of the people in government.
(b) The place where Jesus worked.
(c) The existence of Pilate.
2. Who baptized Jesus?
(a) No one.
(d) John the Baptist.
3. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 5 B.C.E.
(b) 1 C.E.
(c) 15 B.C.E.
(d) 1 B.C.E.
4. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
5. There is no evidence that the disciples did what after joining Jesus?
(a) Ate the Last Supper with him.
(b) Travelled with him.
(d) Spread Jesus' teachings.
6. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
7. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(a) It has not been revised.
(d) Christian scribes.
8. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 134 C.E.
(b) 80 C.E.
(c) 12 B.C.E.
(d) 30 C.E.
9. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(b) An angel.
10. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Remain in hiding.
(c) Preach the Word of God.
(d) Stay at the tomb.
11. Capernaum is a small town in what?
12. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
13. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
14. What does C.E. stand for?
(a) Common Epiphany.
(b) Christ's Era.
(c) Common Era.
(d) Christian Evolution.
15. How many others were executed with Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
2. When were the Gospels named?
3. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
4. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
5. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)