|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does B.C. stand for?
(a) Before Christ.
(b) Before Christmas.
(c) Between Commonalities.
(d) Before Crucifixion.
2. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) As soon as he died.
(b) About 1000 years ago.
(c) A little over 200 years ago.
(d) About 50 years ago.
3. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 30 C.E.
(b) 12 B.C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 80 C.E.
4. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
(a) A conversation with God.
(b) Divine powers.
(c) An out-of-body experience.
(d) A spiritual awakening.
5. About which people did Josephus write?
(a) The Gentiles.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Palestinians.
6. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The place where Jesus worked.
(c) The names of the people in government.
(d) The existence of Pilate.
7. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) After Divinity.
(b) Accepted Divinity.
(c) After Death.
(d) Anno Domini.
8. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
9. Who baptized Jesus?
(b) No one.
(c) John the Baptist.
10. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(a) Rome proper.
11. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Between Christ's Eras.
(b) Before Common Era.
(c) Before Christ's Era.
(d) Before Common Evolution.
12. What does C.E. stand for?
(a) Common Epiphany.
(b) Christian Evolution.
(c) Common Era.
(d) Christ's Era.
13. About which fact of Jesus' life is there no conflict?
(a) Jesus' date of birth.
(b) Jesus' date of death.
(c) The place where Jesus lived.
(d) Jesus' conflict in the Temple.
14. Whose historical writings are hard to reconcile with the Gospels?
15. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
(a) December 21.
(b) December 22.
(c) December 25.
(d) December 24.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sanders, through what context do many people see Jesus?
2. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
3. Who is the author of this book?
4. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
5. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)