|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 5 B.C.E.
(b) 1 C.E.
(c) 1 B.C.E.
(d) 15 B.C.E.
2. The Gospels are missing characteristics of what type of literature, which makes them problematic?
3. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
4. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Preach the Word of God.
(c) Stay at the tomb.
(d) Remain in hiding.
5. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 15.
(b) The year 30.
(c) The year 5.
(d) The year 20.
6. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) About 1000 years ago.
(b) About 50 years ago.
(c) As soon as he died.
(d) A little over 200 years ago.
7. About how old was Jesus when he was baptized?
(b) Late 20s.
(c) Three months old.
(d) Late 30s.
8. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
9. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(b) A sure way to Heaven.
10. What is difficult to determine with accuracy from ancient times?
(a) The place where Jesus worked.
(b) The names of the people in government.
(c) The existence of Pilate.
11. Who wrote the Gospels?
(a) They were written anonymously.
(b) The apostles.
12. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
(a) Historical proof of what they said and did.
(b) A larger following.
(c) The ability to teach people.
(d) No proof of their actions.
13. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
(a) April 16.
(b) Friday 15, Nisan.
(c) Sunday 17, Nisan.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
14. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Baptize people.
(d) Teach people.
15. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) A complete history of his life is documented.
(b) Mentioned a great deal.
(c) Mentioned only incidentally.
(d) He is not mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
2. What problem with the Gospels makes it hard to determine the date of Jesus' birth?
3. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
4. About which fact of Jesus' life is there no conflict?
5. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)