|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
2. Capernaum is a small town in what?
3. What does A.D. stand for?
(a) After Death.
(b) After Divinity.
(c) Accepted Divinity.
(d) Anno Domini.
4. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
(a) 134 C.E.
(b) 30 C.E.
(c) 12 B.C.E.
(d) 80 C.E.
5. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
6. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In his diaries.
(b) In a biographical style.
(c) In short passages.
(d) In long narratives.
7. How many others were executed with Jesus?
8. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(b) It has not been revised.
(c) Christian scribes.
9. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
(a) Joseph Caiaphas.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(c) Herod Antipas.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
10. Around what year does the author believe Jesus was born?
(a) 5 B.C.E.
(b) 1 B.C.E.
(c) 1 C.E.
(d) 15 B.C.E.
11. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
(d) Divine beings.
12. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
(a) No proof of their actions.
(b) The ability to teach people.
(c) A larger following.
(d) Historical proof of what they said and did.
13. What does C.E. stand for?
(a) Common Era.
(b) Christian Evolution.
(c) Christ's Era.
(d) Common Epiphany.
14. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) He is not mentioned.
(b) Mentioned only incidentally.
(c) Mentioned a great deal.
(d) A complete history of his life is documented.
15. There are key differences between the Gospels and what science?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
2. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
3. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
4. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
5. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)