|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(a) Their prayer for a teacher.
(c) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
(d) Laws made by the government.
2. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
(a) A mix of fact and fiction.
(b) Purely historical.
(c) Purely fictional.
3. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Common Evolution.
(b) Before Christ's Era.
(c) Before Common Era.
(d) Between Christ's Eras.
4. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
5. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
6. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
(a) Along the River Jordan.
(b) The Temple.
(c) Mount Horeb.
(d) In a marketplace.
7. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(c) A sure way to Heaven.
8. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(b) He was thrown out of the city.
(c) He gathered disciples there.
(d) Great success.
9. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 16 B.C.E.
(b) 100 C.E.
(c) 5 C.E.
(d) 66 C.E.
10. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
(a) As a powerful man.
(b) As a great leader.
(c) As an amazing performer of miracles.
(d) As relatively unknown.
11. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Several documents are written about him.
(c) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(d) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
12. How much is Pontius Pilate mentioned in the histories written by Roman authors?
(a) He is not mentioned.
(b) Mentioned a great deal.
(c) Mentioned only incidentally.
(d) A complete history of his life is documented.
13. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
(a) The conflict at the Temple.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The Last Supper.
(d) The first worship service.
14. Who revised the book "Antiquities of the Jews" and may have changed the text of the book?
(a) It has not been revised.
(c) Christian scribes.
15. What did Josephus study?
(a) History and biblical law.
(b) The culture of Israel.
(d) Palestinian ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
2. Who baptized Jesus?
3. What did Jesus claim to have had following his baptism?
4. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
5. Who is the author of this book?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)