|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
(a) Along the River Jordan.
(b) Mount Horeb.
(c) The Temple.
(d) In a marketplace.
2. What did the disciples continue to do after the resurrection?
(a) Stay at the tomb.
(b) Remain in hiding.
(d) Preach the Word of God.
3. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) 29 and 31 C.E.
(b) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(c) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(d) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
4. The author indicates that Jesus was born around the time of whose death?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) Herod the Great.
5. Before becoming monotheists, whom did the Jews believe was the right hand of God?
(a) An angel.
6. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 15.
(b) The year 5.
(c) The year 30.
(d) The year 20.
7. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Christ's Era.
(b) Between Christ's Eras.
(c) Before Common Era.
(d) Before Common Evolution.
8. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(b) Laws made by the government.
(c) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
(d) Their prayer for a teacher.
9. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 5 C.E.
(b) 100 C.E.
(c) 16 B.C.E.
(d) 66 C.E.
10. What season does the author indicate he believes Jesus was born during?
11. What religion was started after Jesus' resurrection?
12. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
(a) Purely historical.
(b) Purely fictional.
(d) A mix of fact and fiction.
13. What was Jesus able to do that John the Baptist could not?
(a) Baptize people.
(b) Teach people.
(c) Heal the sick.
14. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(c) A sure way to Heaven.
15. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
(b) Books written about him.
(c) Surviving documents.
(d) Oral traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a historian weigh?
2. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
3. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
4. When were the Gospels named?
5. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)