|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Jesus fast in the desert?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 40 years.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Christ's Era.
(b) Before Common Era.
(c) Before Common Evolution.
(d) Between Christ's Eras.
3. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
(a) Herod Antipas.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Joseph Caiaphas.
4. Who had a large influence on Jesus' life and ministry?
(b) John the Baptist.
5. How were the stories in the Gospels originally shared?
(a) In complete written narratives.
(b) Through the oral tradition.
(c) In newspapers.
(d) Through the writing of the Gospels.
6. How many tribes of Israel were there in Jesus' time?
7. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Michael Parker.
(b) E.P. Sanders.
(c) Bishop Linda Lee.
(d) Samuel Josephus.
8. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
(a) Only his teachings are mentioned.
(b) Several documents are written about him.
(c) There is complete documentation of his teachings and crucifixion.
9. What does B.C. stand for?
(a) Before Christ.
(b) Before Crucifixion.
(c) Before Christmas.
(d) Between Commonalities.
10. According to historical documents, when did the crucifixion take place?
(a) Between 26 and 36 C.E.
(b) Between 16 and 26 C.E.
(c) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(d) Between 20 and 30 C.E.
11. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
12. How many others were executed with Jesus?
13. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
(a) The ability to teach people.
(b) No proof of their actions.
(c) A larger following.
(d) Historical proof of what they said and did.
14. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
(b) Oral traditions.
(c) Surviving documents.
(d) Books written about him.
15. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In a biographical style.
(b) In his diaries.
(c) In short passages.
(d) In long narratives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A.D. stand for?
2. What must a historian weigh?
3. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
4. What aspects of Jesus' life does the author claim he will attempt to explain?
5. What date do the Gospels claim the crucifixion took place on?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)