|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Gospels?
(a) The apostles.
(c) They were written anonymously.
2. How many others were executed with Jesus?
3. What was the result of Jesus' attempt to preach in Nazareth?
(a) Great success.
(b) He was thrown out of the city.
(c) He gathered disciples there.
4. What structure do many historians claim there were none of in Palestine during Jesus' life?
(c) Government buildings.
5. Which Gospel conflicts with the others in its account of the crucifixion?
6. About which fact of Jesus' life is there no conflict?
(a) Jesus' date of birth.
(b) Jesus' date of death.
(c) The place where Jesus lived.
(d) Jesus' conflict in the Temple.
7. What did early Christians believe Jesus' life was a fulfillment of?
(a) Their prayer for a teacher.
(b) Laws made by the government.
(d) They did not believe he was a fulfillment of anything.
8. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 115 C.E.
(c) 36 C.E.
(d) 180 C.E.
9. Where did Jesus spend the majority of his childhood?
10. How does the author state Jesus is seen in non-Christian literature?
(a) As a great leader.
(b) As relatively unknown.
(c) As a powerful man.
(d) As an amazing performer of miracles.
11. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
(a) 16 B.C.E.
(b) 5 C.E.
(c) 100 C.E.
(d) 66 C.E.
12. What does B.C.E stand for?
(a) Before Christ's Era.
(b) Before Common Evolution.
(c) Before Common Era.
(d) Between Christ's Eras.
13. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
14. At one time, examining the life of Jesus was considered what?
(d) A sure way to Heaven.
15. Where in Jerusalem did Jesus start a disturbance?
(a) The Temple.
(b) Mount Horeb.
(c) Along the River Jordan.
(d) In a marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
2. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
3. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
4. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
5. What mention of the crucifixion of Jesus is contained in the Roman archives?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)