Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. How does the author say he will treat this examination of the life of Jesus throughout the book?
2. In Chapter 1, in addition to examining the history of the Christian church, what else does Sanders say he will examine about the Christian church.
3. What information does Sanders say a historian must take into consideration when constructing a history?
4. What is a legendary figure?
5. Why wasn't the history of Jesus examined until about 200 years ago?
6. Why is Jesus'...
This section contains 948 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)