|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between what dates do scholars accept that Jesus was crucified?
(a) 29 and 31 C.E.
(b) Between 35 and 40 C.E.
(c) Between 5 and 7 C.E.
(d) Between 10 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.
2. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
(a) The year 15.
(b) The year 5.
(c) The year 30.
(d) The year 20.
3. Sanders says that it is unclear why Jesus didn't do what when he learned the soldiers were after him?
(b) Stay where he was.
(d) Speak with Pilate.
4. Who rolled the stone away from Jesus' tomb?
(b) An angel.
(c) The disciples.
(d) Some women.
5. Why do scholars say one of the apostles would not have been rewarded?
(a) He doubted Jesus.
(b) He betrayed Jesus.
(c) He did not attend the Last Supper.
(d) He hid after Jesus was crucified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation were Jesus' disciples Andrew and Peter?
2. What do Thomas Jefferson and Winston Churchill have that Jesus does not?
3. The author indicates that Jesus was born around the time of whose death?
4. What does C.E. stand for?
5. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)