|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jesus' time, what was the rule of law considered to be?
(b) An ever-changing system.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) Divine law.
2. About which people did Josephus write?
(a) The Palestinians.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Gentiles.
3. Whom does Sanders say the majority of the scriptures caters to?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The tribes of Israel.
(c) The Gentiles.
(d) The apostles.
4. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(b) Rome proper.
5. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
(a) They were feared.
(b) They were ridiculed.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They were celebrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
2. Who was not present when the stone was rolled away from Jesus' tomb?
3. Who represented the Roman Empire in Judea at the time of Jesus?
4. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
5. According to record who wanted Jesus killed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)