|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Jesus' birthday traditionally celebrated?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 22.
(c) December 24.
(d) December 21.
2. What group does Sanders speculate the ministry of Jesus believed would not accept Jesus' portrayal of God?
3. When were the Gospels named?
(b) 36 C.E.
(c) 180 C.E.
(d) 115 C.E.
4. How was Jesus' life originally recorded?
(a) In his diaries.
(b) In short passages.
(c) In long narratives.
(d) In a biographical style.
5. When did people begin to examine the history of Jesus?
(a) As soon as he died.
(b) About 50 years ago.
(c) A little over 200 years ago.
(d) About 1000 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that that Jesus cannot be considered a historical figure because of the non-existence of what?
2. How were miracle workers probably treated in ancient times?
3. What significant event, which became a Christian ordinance, took place prior to Jesus' execution?
4. The author describes the account of Jesus' life in this book as what?
5. Who was the semi-independent ruler of Palestine during the period that Jesus lived?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)