|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus kept a low profile in comparison to whom?
(b) John the Baptist.
2. Who wrote the book "Antiquities of the Jews?"
3. What was the reputation of many of the doctors practicing in ancient times?
(a) They were loved by the people.
(b) They were seen as miracle workers.
4. Who tried to talk Pilate into letting Jesus go free?
(a) The crowds.
(c) The apostles.
(d) Pilate's wife.
5. What does Sanders say Jesus may have been able to do if he'd been sentenced to serve the punishment the law called for for his crime?
(a) Pay Pilate not to do it.
(b) Get someone else to take the punishment for him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Talk his way out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom were the apostles accountable to?
2. What years was the revolt that broke out in Palestine, which may have destroyed any records about Jesus?
3. What scene of conflict was Jesus never convicted for due to a variance in testimonies?
4. What does B.C.E stand for?
5. What does Sanders say Jesus wasn't the only one of in the world at his time?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)