|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Gospel tells the happenings in the early part of Jesus' career?
2. What does Sanders say the Christian movement has done compared to other movements throughout history?
(a) Stayed smaller.
(b) Failed to change history.
(c) Done more to change the course of history.
3. When were the Gospels named?
(a) 180 C.E.
(c) 36 C.E.
(d) 115 C.E.
4. What area do the histories written by Roman authors mainly cover?
(c) Rome proper.
5. Why is Sanders' final chapter an epilogue?
(a) It details the various events after Jesus' death.
(b) It is his commentary on Jesus' life.
(c) It's the last chapter.
(d) It talks about the current state of Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that, unlike figures such as Thomas Jefferson or Winston Churchill, what are the people in this book considered to be?
2. Around what year did Jesus travel to Jerusalem and initiate a conflict?
3. Where did Jesus do the majority of his work?
4. What does C.E. stand for?
5. Up to approximately what date does the author say he will discuss early theology?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)