* In Chapter 1, "Introduction", Sanders explains that this book will not attempt to explain Jesus, but will focus on the historical information surrounding the man, such as his relationships and teachings.
* Historians are responsible for dealing in facts, examining news stories, and weighing rumors.
* Jesus and many other figures in this book are considered legendary figures instead of historical figures because there are no surviving documents to prove the existence and deeds of many of them.
* Chapter 2, "An Outline of Jesus' Life", provides a basic account of Jesus' life.
* The date of Jesus' birth is controversial since there are varying accounts of the actual date.
* The author explains the terms B.C.E. (Before the Common Era) and C.E. (Common Era).
* Jesus lived in Nazareth until around the age of 20 when he was baptized by John the Baptist and began teaching.
* Jesus later went to Jerusalem...
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)