|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Erozan die?
2. What information did Jozsef want information from Eva about, according to Part Two, Chapter 48?
3. Who is pursuing the narrator and Barley on the train, according to Part Two, Chapter 31?
4. Where does Bora suggest Helen and Paul go at the end of Part Two, Chapter 48?
5. Who does Rossi think Helen is when he sees her in Part Three, Chapter 72?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does Helen admit to Rossi after Jozsef interrogates Aunt Eva?
2. Why did Rossi continue to write letters after Dracula took him?
3. Why did the narrator never know her mother growing up?
4. Why do Helen and Paul drive a silver dagger into Rossi’s heart?
5. What does Paul suspect about Helen when they travel to Hungary? How do you know?
6. Who kills Mr. Erozan? How? Why?
7. What do Helen and Paul decide about their future in Part Three, Chapter 62?
8. Why does Jozsef interrogate Aunt Eva about Paul?
9. What does the narrator realize about Barley as they travel together by train?
10. Who is Ranov? What is his relationship with Paul and Helen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define inference. What is its purpose in literature? How is it identified? Identify and explain at least one inference made in The Historian. How does it impact the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define climax. How is it used in literature? How is it identified? What is the climax of The Historian? How do you know? How does the story change after the climax of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Define setting. What is its role in literature? How does setting affect the story of The Historian? Identify and describe one specific setting found in the story.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)