|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helen suspicious of Ranov?
(a) He is a government spy.
(b) He has a dragon book but will not talk about it.
(c) He reminds her of Dracula.
(d) He threatened her.
2. What is the month and year of the first of Rossi’s letters given to Paul by Helen’s mother?
(a) June 1930.
(b) February 1932.
(c) October 1937.
(d) August 1931.
3. Who kills Dracula?
(d) The narrator.
4. What conclusion does the narrator draw by what she finds in Part Three, Chapter 49?
(a) It was written after Helen could not have received it.
(b) Her father was tempted to kill her.
(c) Dracula is going to abduct her.
(d) There is more to her family than she knew.
5. What information did Jozsef want information from Eva about, according to Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) Paul’s presence in Hungary.
(c) Paul’s daughter.
(d) Rossi’s disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rossi meet the young woman he falls in love with?
2. What do Helen and Paul discover when they find Dracula’s sarcophagus?
3. What happens to Mr. Erozan after Helen and Paul read the letter about the Carpathian monk?
4. What does the narrator learn about Helen in Part Three, Chapter 63?
5. What does Helen reveal about herself to Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Paul do after sharing their story with Bora and his wife?
2. Why do Paul and Helen think Rossi did not return to marry Helen’s mother? What does this lead Helen to believe?
3. What is significant about the postcards from Helen Rossi that the narrator finds in Part Three, Chapter 63?
4. What does the narrator suspect about the love letter she finds from her father to Helen in Part Three, Chapter 49?
5. Why did Rossi continue to write letters after Dracula took him?
6. What cliffhanger does the narrator leave you with in the Epilogue?
7. Explain why Helen stayed away from her family for so long.
8. What two things does Helen suspect about Jozsef when she and Paul are heading to Bulgaria to find Dracula’s monastery?
9. How is Dracula killed? Why is this significant?
10. What do Helen and Paul decide about their future in Part Three, Chapter 62?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)