|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sveti Georgi?
(a) A Sicilian mansion.
(b) An Egyptian pyramid.
(c) A Bulgarian monastery.
(d) A Grecian crypt.
2. Why is Helen suspicious of Ranov?
(a) He threatened her.
(b) He reminds her of Dracula.
(c) He is a government spy.
(d) He has a dragon book but will not talk about it.
3. What does Helen suspect about Jozsef and Ranov?
(a) They are the ones who kidnapped Rossi.
(b) They are both dead.
(c) They are both Dracula’s men.
(d) They are working together.
4. When Helen and Paul leave Dracula’s tomb, where do they go to share their story?
5. What was Rossi given in Crete that prevented him from returning to Helen’s mother?
(a) A warning that Dracula would kill her if he returned to her.
(b) An injection that paralyzed him.
(c) A pill that made him violently ill.
(d) A drink that made him forget his plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rossi give Helen’s mother as a symbol of his love and promise to return to her?
2. What conclusion does the narrator draw by what she finds in Part Three, Chapter 49?
3. For whom does Jozsef work?
4. What does the narrator realize about her mother’s postcards?
5. How is Eva Helen’s aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does Paul come to, thanks to a letter discovered by Bora?
2. What does the narrator think about her father when she finds his empty room in France? Why?
3. What does the narrator realize is strange about the postcards her mother wrote to her?
4. What does the narrator suspect about the love letter she finds from her father to Helen in Part Three, Chapter 49?
5. Explain the courtship between Rossi and Helen’s mother from Helen’s mother’s perspective.
6. What do Helen and Paul do after sharing their story with Bora and his wife?
7. Why was it difficult for Helen and Paul to travel to Budapest? How do they get around this difficulty?
8. What is significant about the postcards from Helen Rossi that the narrator finds in Part Three, Chapter 63?
9. How does Turgut Bora become involved in Paul’s research?
10. What does Paul suspect about Helen when they travel to Hungary? How do you know?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)