|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What romantic relationship is suggested in Part Two, Chapter 37?
(a) Helen and Erozan.
(b) Helen and Rossi.
(c) Helen and Paul.
(d) Helen and Bora.
2. Who does Rossi think Helen is when he sees her in Part Three, Chapter 72?
(a) Dracula's bride.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Paul’s daughter.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Helen admit about Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She has been sabotaging his research.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She wants him to return home.
4. Where do Helen and Paul go to make a life for themselves after finding Dracula’s sarcophagus?
5. What happens to Mr. Erozan after Helen and Paul read the letter about the Carpathian monk?
(a) He is burned in a fire.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is found dead in his room.
(d) He is bitten for the third time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Helen at Rila Monastery?
2. What do Helen and Paul watch Baba Yanka do?
3. What is the person pursuing the narrator and Barley on the train wearing?
4. Who do Helen and Paul meet in Istanbul?
5. What does Rossi intend to do when he returns to the village where his love is, according to the end of Part Two, Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Helen and Paul return home after finding Dracula’s tomb?
2. What does the narrator realize about Barley as they travel together by train?
3. What cliffhanger does the narrator leave you with in the Epilogue?
4. What does the narrator think about her father when she finds his empty room in France? Why?
5. What confusion does Rossi have when Paul and Helen initially find him in Part Three, Chapter 72?
6. What advice does Rossi offer Helen and Paul when they go to find Dracula in the tomb?
7. What does the narrator realize is strange about the postcards her mother wrote to her?
8. What do Helen and Paul decide about their future in Part Three, Chapter 62?
9. Why was it difficult for Helen and Paul to travel to Budapest? How do they get around this difficulty?
10. Why do Helen and Paul drive a silver dagger into Rossi’s heart?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)