|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator learn about Paul and Helen’s trip to Istanbul, according to Part Two, Chapter 26?
(a) Paul tells her about it.
(b) Barley tells her about it.
(c) She reads about it in her father’s journal.
(d) Through Paul’s letters.
2. Who is the most likely intended recipient of Rossi’s letters, according to Part Two, Chapter 45?
(c) Helen's mother.
3. What information did Jozsef want information from Eva about, according to Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) Rossi’s disappearance.
(b) Paul’s presence in Hungary.
(c) Paul’s daughter.
4. What is the month and year of the first of Rossi’s letters given to Paul by Helen’s mother?
(a) June 1930.
(b) February 1932.
(c) August 1931.
(d) October 1937.
5. What does the narrator realize about her mother’s postcards?
(a) They were coded with a message.
(b) They were written after her death.
(c) They were not actually written by Helen.
(d) They were written in blood rather than ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Helen and Paul get into Budapest?
2. Who was the intended recipient of Rossi’s continued writings while in captivity?
3. What information does Eva give Helen and Paul that helps in their investigation?
4. How is Eva Helen’s aunt?
5. What happens to Helen at Rila Monastery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does Helen admit to Rossi after Jozsef interrogates Aunt Eva?
2. What three pieces of information do Paul and Helen learn from Helen’s Aunt Eva?
3. What does the narrator realize about Barley as they travel together by train?
4. What does Dracula think of Paul? How do you know?
5. What advice does Rossi offer Helen and Paul when they go to find Dracula in the tomb?
6. What is significant about Ranov escorting Helen and Paul to the monastery at Bachkovo?
7. Explain the courtship of Rossi and Helen’s mother from Rossi’s perspective.
8. Why did the narrator never know her mother growing up?
9. Explain why Dracula took Rossi to his tomb.
10. How is Dracula killed? Why is this significant?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)