|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator live when the story begins?
(d) The United States.
2. When did Vlad the Impaler rule?
(a) Beginning in the 12th Century.
(b) The 15th Century.
(c) The 16th Century.
(d) The 14th Century.
3. What decade does the story return to in Part One, Chapter 23?
(a) Present day.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1950s.
4. What is the month and year of Rossi’s final letter, according to Part One, Chapter 13?
(a) It is undated.
(b) December 1930.
(c) August 1931.
(d) January 1931.
5. How does the narrator pass her time while traveling in Part Two, Chapter 25?
(a) She reads her father’s letters.
(b) She begins writing her account of the events that have occurred so far.
(c) She examines a map.
(d) She chats with a tall, dark woman sitting opposite her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other two items does the narrator find in her father’s library with the book translation?
2. What is the year at the beginning of Part One, Chapter 24?
3. Why is Helen researching Dracula?
4. What specific story does Paul tell at the beginning of Part One, Chapter 6?
5. What book does Paul notice a young woman reading when he is at the library in Part One, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Paul learn from the grubby male librarian when they confront him?
2. Describe the narrator at the beginning of the events of the story.
3. Explain Rossi’s travels as described in his letter in Part One, Chapter 9.
4. Explain what happened to Hedges when he was attacked in Part One, Chapter 12.
5. Why are Rossi’s letters addressed to “my dear and unfortunate successor”?
6. Explain what prompted Rossi to give up his initial research into the green dragon book.
7. Why is Barley angry with the narrator when she leaves Amsterdam in Part Two, Chapter 25?
8. What is significant about the packet of letters the narrator finds in her father’s room in Amsterdam?
9. Explain how Paul began to research Dracula.
10. What does Paul think of the monastery at Les Pyrenees-Orientales? How do you know?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)