|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and her father travel in Part One, Chapter 7?
2. Where does Rossi go to have the dragon book analyzed?
3. What does Rossi try to reconstruct in his third and fourth letters, according to Part One, Chapter 9?
(a) The timeline of his life.
(b) His notes on Dracula.
(c) The best way to kill Dracula.
(d) An understanding of Dracula’s powers.
4. What is the month and year of Rossi’s final letter, according to Part One, Chapter 13?
(a) December 1930.
(b) August 1931.
(c) January 1931.
(d) It is undated.
5. What does the narrator discover about her father when they are chatting in a piazza in Venice?
(a) He was bitten in Istanbul.
(b) He killed someone in Istanbul.
(c) He has been to Istanbul.
(d) He was born in Istanbul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helen researching Dracula?
2. How many people survived the killings in the story told to the narrator and Paul in Part One, Chapter 7?
3. What is the salutation in Rossi’s letter in Part One, Chapter 8?
4. What is the relationship between Rossi and Helen?
5. Where does the narrator believe she will find her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the packet of letters the narrator finds in her father’s room in Amsterdam?
2. Who is Helen? Why is she researching Dracula?
3. What do Helen and Paul learn from the grubby male librarian when they confront him?
4. Who is Barley? What is his role in the story?
5. Explain what prompts Paul to tell the narrator about events from his past.
6. Explain Rossi’s travels as described in his letter in Part One, Chapter 9.
7. Explain the relationship between Rossi and Paul.
8. Why are Rossi’s letters addressed to “my dear and unfortunate successor”?
9. Why does the narrator read the fictional account of Dracula in Bram Stoker’s novel?
10. How does Rossi react to Hedges’s death? What does this reveal about Rossi?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)