|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part One, Chapter 2, what year did Paul’s mentor find the dragon book dated back to?
(a) It is too old to come up with a conclusive date.
(b) 1600 or earlier.
(c) 1700 or earlier.
(d) 1500 or earlier.
2. What year and month is Rossi’s third letter dated?
(a) No exact date is given.
(b) December 1930.
(c) April 1951.
(d) August 1972.
3. What century were the maps found by Rossi in Istanbul dated?
(a) The 15th Century.
(b) The 19th Century.
(c) The maps were not dated.
(d) The 13th Century.
4. In what area does Johan Binnerts specialize?
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Eastern European History.
(d) The medieval collection.
5. Where are Paul and the narrator traveling to when Part One, Chapter 3 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the text of the dragon book?
2. What is the Radcliffe Camera?
3. Who does the narrator realize she is staring at toward the end of Part One, Chapter 4?
4. What causes the narrator to notice the tall, dark man following her in Part One, Chapter 12?
5. How does Rossi interpret Hedges’s death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Barley? What is his role in the story?
2. Why was Hedges attacked?
3. How does Paul know the woman he encountered in the library in Part One, Chapter 8 is also researching Dracula?
4. Explain the relationship between Rossi and Paul.
5. Explain what prompts Paul to tell the narrator about events from his past.
6. Explain what happened to Hedges when he was attacked in Part One, Chapter 12.
7. What do Helen and Paul learn from the grubby male librarian when they confront him?
8. What does Paul think of the monastery at Les Pyrenees-Orientales? How do you know?
9. Explain Johan Binnerts’s importance to the narrator, according to Part One, Chapter 5.
10. Why is Paul concerned about Helen in Part One, Chapter 23? How does she reassure him?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)