|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Barley’s role while the narrator is visiting with her father?
(c) Campus guide.
2. What happens to Paul after he finishes reading Rossi’s letters?
(a) His dog disappears.
(b) All his neighbors move out.
(c) He receives an ominous, unsigned letter.
(d) His cat is killed.
3. What does the narrator resolve to do about Rossi’s story after the tour in France?
(a) Share it with as many people as possible.
(b) Keep it to herself until she can find Rossi.
(c) Seek answers on her own.
(d) Record it in her journal.
4. What is the message Hedges gives to Rossi?
(a) His attacker will “brook no trespasses.”
(b) Paul will find and kill Dracula.
(c) He is getting too close.
(d) There is “nothing new under the moon.”
5. What does the narrator find from her father one morning in Part One, Chapter 24?
(a) A map.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johan Binnerts’s job?
2. What valuable information does Rossi tell Paul at the end of Part Two, Chapter 2?
3. What does Rossi think of Helen?
4. What does the narrator find when she searches for clues about her father’s whereabouts after his disappearance?
5. What is missing from Rossi’s bookshelf after he disappears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Helen? Why is she researching Dracula?
2. Explain the relationship between Rossi and Paul.
3. Explain Johan Binnerts’s importance to the narrator, according to Part One, Chapter 5.
4. Why does Rossi go to America? What does he learn there?
5. Explain what happened at the monastery in France that Paul and the narrator visited.
6. Who is Barley? What is his role in the story?
7. Why was Hedges attacked?
8. Why is Barley angry with the narrator when she leaves Amsterdam in Part Two, Chapter 25?
9. How does Paul know the woman he encountered in the library in Part One, Chapter 8 is also researching Dracula?
10. Explain how Paul began to research Dracula.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)