|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rossi meet the young woman he falls in love with?
(b) A village on the Rhone.
(d) A village on the Arges.
2. What does Hugh James offer to do for Paul?
(a) Protect Helen.
(b) Kill Rossi.
(c) Kill Dracula.
(d) Protect Paul.
3. What does the narrator find of her father’s in Part Three, Chapter 49?
(a) Another dragon book.
(b) A letter to the brother she didn’t know she had.
(c) A love letter to Helen.
(d) A silver dagger.
4. What happens to Mr. Erozan after Helen and Paul read the letter about the Carpathian monk?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He is burned in a fire.
(c) He is bitten for the third time.
(d) He is found dead in his room.
5. Who was thought to be dead but turns up in Hungary?
(a) Helen's mother.
(c) The grubby male librarian.
(d) Aunt Eva.
6. What does Helen admit about Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She wants him to return home.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She has been sabotaging his research.
7. Why does Rossi have to leave the village where his love is?
(a) For a conference.
(b) He is ill.
(c) For a dig.
(d) His father is ill.
8. How is Eva Helen’s aunt?
(a) She is Helen’s mother’s younger sister.
(b) She is Helen’s mother’s aunt.
(c) She is Helen’s mother’s sister-in-law.
(d) She is Helen’s mother’s older sister.
9. What information did Jozsef want information from Eva about, according to Part Two, Chapter 48?
(b) Paul’s daughter.
(c) Rossi’s disappearance.
(d) Paul’s presence in Hungary.
10. What does Helen admit about Jozsef in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She was once married to him.
(b) He had been stalking her for years.
(c) She once had feelings for him.
(d) He was angry with her.
11. How long after Dracula’s death did Helen die?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Four years.
12. What does the narrator reveal about herself at the end of Part Two, Chapter 30?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has met Dracula.
(c) She has romantic feelings for Barley.
(d) She knows where her mother is.
13. What is Sveti Georgi?
(a) A Bulgarian monastery.
(b) A Grecian crypt.
(c) An Egyptian pyramid.
(d) A Sicilian mansion.
14. What was Rossi given in Crete that prevented him from returning to Helen’s mother?
(a) An injection that paralyzed him.
(b) A drink that made him forget his plan.
(c) A pill that made him violently ill.
(d) A warning that Dracula would kill her if he returned to her.
15. Where does Rossi plan to go after leaving the village where his love is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rossi think Helen is when he sees her in Part Three, Chapter 72?
2. What does Paul notice about Helen’s physical appearance?
3. How does Rossi continue his research while in captivity?
4. What was scheduled to happen only days after Elsie’s injury?
5. Where does Bora suggest Helen and Paul go at the end of Part Two, Chapter 48?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)