|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Dracula’s death did Helen die?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
2. When Helen and Paul leave Dracula’s tomb, where do they go to share their story?
3. Who does Rossi think Helen is when he sees her in Part Three, Chapter 72?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Paul’s daughter.
(c) Dracula's bride.
(d) Her mother.
4. What do the narrator and Barley take with them when they get off the train?
(a) Paul’s letters.
(b) Only their jackets.
(c) The narrator’s luggage.
(d) Barley's luggage.
5. Who do Helen and Paul decide to visit in Hungary?
(a) Rossi’s sister.
(b) Helen’s mother.
(c) Helen’s cousin.
(d) Helen’s sister.
6. Why does Rossi have to leave the village where his love is?
(a) He is ill.
(b) His father is ill.
(c) For a conference.
(d) For a dig.
7. Who bites Mr. Erozan?
(a) The grubby male librarian.
8. What information does Eva give Helen and Paul that helps in their investigation?
(a) Information about Vlad and a history of Hungary.
(b) Her own childhood and upbringing.
(c) The relationship between Rossi and Eva.
(d) The relationship between Dracula and monasteries.
9. Who was the intended recipient of Rossi’s continued writings while in captivity?
(a) No one; Dracula took his writings.
(b) No one; he didn’t think they would be found.
(c) Helen’s mother.
10. Who helps Helen and Paul get into Budapest?
11. What is the person pursuing the narrator and Barley on the train wearing?
(a) A white suit.
(b) A dark suit.
(c) A fedora.
(d) A black cloak.
12. What is the month and year of the first of Rossi’s letters given to Paul by Helen’s mother?
(a) August 1931.
(b) June 1930.
(c) October 1937.
(d) February 1932.
13. What does the narrator find in her father’s room in Part Three, Chapter 63?
(a) A locked box with Helen’s name on the top.
(b) Another dragon book.
(c) Her father's wallet.
14. Who do Helen and Paul meet in Istanbul?
(d) Aunt Eva.
15. How is Eva Helen’s aunt?
(a) She is Helen’s mother’s aunt.
(b) She is Helen’s mother’s younger sister.
(c) She is Helen’s mother’s sister-in-law.
(d) She is Helen’s mother’s older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Helen and Paul kill Rossi in Part Three, Chapter 72?
2. What conclusion does the narrator draw by what she finds in Part Three, Chapter 49?
3. What did Dracula discover at a monastery in Gaul?
4. What does the narrator find of her father’s in Part Three, Chapter 49?
5. Under what guise do Helen and Paul go into Budapest?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)