|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator reveal about herself at the end of Part Two, Chapter 30?
(a) She has met Dracula.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She knows where her mother is.
(d) She has romantic feelings for Barley.
2. When did the narrator begin to complete her father’s Dracula research, according to the Epilogue?
(a) When she discovered her own dragon book.
(b) When she had her own daughter.
(c) After his death.
(d) When her father was diagnosed with cancer.
3. What is Sveti Georgi?
(a) An Egyptian pyramid.
(b) A Sicilian mansion.
(c) A Grecian crypt.
(d) A Bulgarian monastery.
4. What do Paul and Helen decide to do in Part Three, Chapter 62?
(a) Tell the police.
(b) Move to Asia.
(c) Get married.
(d) Give up their search.
5. How does Bora come to become interested in Dracula?
(a) His wife was taken by Dracula.
(b) His cousin is a servant of Dracula.
(c) He was also a student of Rossi’s.
(d) He finds a dragon book of his own.
6. Who was thought to be dead but turns up in Hungary?
(b) Helen's mother.
(c) Aunt Eva.
(d) The grubby male librarian.
7. What did Dracula discover at a monastery in Gaul?
(a) A dragon book.
(b) The key to immortality.
(c) A treasure.
(d) The meeting place of the Order of the Dragon.
8. What does Mr. Erozan do for a living?
(a) He is a librarian.
(b) He is a history professor.
(c) He is a researcher.
(d) His occupation is not given.
9. Why is Helen suspicious of Ranov?
(a) He has a dragon book but will not talk about it.
(b) He reminds her of Dracula.
(c) He threatened her.
(d) He is a government spy.
10. What does Rossi intend to do when he returns to the village where his love is, according to the end of Part Two, Chapter 47?
(a) Finish his dissertation.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Start a new life.
(d) Kill Dracula.
11. Who helps arrange Helen and Paul’s trip to Hungary?
(a) Helen’s mother.
(b) Helen’s aunt.
(c) Paul’s brother.
12. What happens to Mr. Erozan after Helen and Paul read the letter about the Carpathian monk?
(a) He is burned in a fire.
(b) He is found dead in his room.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is bitten for the third time.
13. Where does Rossi tell Helen and Paul Dracula is in Part Three, Chapter 72?
(a) Right behind them.
(b) In the monastery.
(c) In France.
(d) In the library.
14. Who helps Helen and Paul get into Budapest?
15. What does Helen reveal about herself to Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She killed her mother after she was bitten.
(b) She knows where Dracula is.
(c) She is descended from Dracula.
(d) She killed Rossi after he was bitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh James offer to do for Paul?
2. Where does Bora suggest Helen and Paul go at the end of Part Two, Chapter 48?
3. What was scheduled to happen only days after Elsie’s injury?
4. What does Helen admit about Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
5. Why do Helen and Paul kill Rossi in Part Three, Chapter 72?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)