|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most likely intended recipient of Rossi’s letters, according to Part Two, Chapter 45?
(d) Helen's mother.
2. How does Rossi continue his research while in captivity?
(a) He interviews Dracula directly.
(b) He is not able to continue his research.
(c) He uses Dracula’s library.
(d) He sneaks out of the tomb to go to the university library.
3. Where does Rossi tell Helen and Paul Dracula is in Part Three, Chapter 72?
(a) In France.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the monastery.
(d) Right behind them.
4. What does the narrator realize about her mother’s postcards?
(a) They were not actually written by Helen.
(b) They were coded with a message.
(c) They were written after her death.
(d) They were written in blood rather than ink.
5. What role does Ranov have in the story?
(a) He is Rossi’s former bodyguard.
(b) He is stalking Helen and Paul.
(c) He is chronicling the story of the narrator’s investigation into Dracula.
(d) He is Helen and Paul’s guide in Bulgaria.
6. What does Rossi intend to do when he returns to the village where his love is, according to the end of Part Two, Chapter 47?
(a) Kill Dracula.
(b) Finish his dissertation.
(c) Start a new life.
(d) Marry her.
7. When Helen and Paul leave Dracula’s tomb, where do they go to share their story?
8. Where do Helen and Paul go to make a life for themselves after finding Dracula’s sarcophagus?
9. Who was the intended recipient of Rossi’s continued writings while in captivity?
(a) No one; he didn’t think they would be found.
(b) No one; Dracula took his writings.
(d) Helen’s mother.
10. Who helps Helen and Paul get into Budapest?
11. Why did Dracula take Rossi?
(a) To be his personal librarian.
(b) To get access to a dragon book.
(c) To find Helen.
(d) To get close to Paul.
12. Where do the narrator and Barley get off the train?
(a) Somewhere in France.
(b) Somewhere in Bulgaria.
(c) Somewhere in Istanbul.
(d) Somewhere in Crete.
13. What do Helen and Paul find in the crypt at Sveti Georgi?
(b) A library of dragon books.
(c) Helen’s mother.
(d) Nothing; it is empty.
14. What does Helen admit about Jozsef in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She was once married to him.
(b) He was angry with her.
(c) She once had feelings for him.
(d) He had been stalking her for years.
15. Who do Helen and Paul meet in Istanbul?
(d) Aunt Eva.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Eva Helen’s aunt?
2. Where does Rossi meet the young woman he falls in love with?
3. Who helps arrange Helen and Paul’s trip to Hungary?
4. What does the narrator reveal about herself at the end of Part Two, Chapter 30?
5. Who do Helen and Paul decide to visit in Hungary?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)