|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the narrator and Barley take with them when they get off the train?
(a) Barley's luggage.
(b) Only their jackets.
(c) Paul’s letters.
(d) The narrator’s luggage.
2. Under what guise do Helen and Paul go into Budapest?
(a) For a conference at a university.
(b) For religious asylum.
(c) As tourists.
(d) As graduate students.
3. Where do Helen and Paul go to make a life for themselves after finding Dracula’s sarcophagus?
4. What does the narrator learn about Helen in Part Three, Chapter 63?
(a) She is the narrator’s cousin.
(b) She is the narrator’s sister.
(c) She is the narrator’s aunt.
(d) She is the narrator’s mother.
5. What romantic relationship is suggested in Part Two, Chapter 37?
(a) Helen and Paul.
(b) Helen and Bora.
(c) Helen and Rossi.
(d) Helen and Erozan.
6. What does Helen admit about Paul in Part Two, Chapter 48?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has been sabotaging his research.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She wants him to return home.
7. When did the narrator begin to complete her father’s Dracula research, according to the Epilogue?
(a) When her father was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) When she had her own daughter.
(c) When she discovered her own dragon book.
(d) After his death.
8. Where does Rossi plan to go after leaving the village where his love is?
9. What do Helen and Paul watch Baba Yanka do?
(a) Perform a healing ritual.
(c) Sing and dance.
10. What does Helen suspect about Jozsef and Ranov?
(a) They are the ones who kidnapped Rossi.
(b) They are working together.
(c) They are both Dracula’s men.
(d) They are both dead.
11. Where does Rossi tell Helen and Paul Dracula is in Part Three, Chapter 72?
(a) In the monastery.
(b) In France.
(c) In the library.
(d) Right behind them.
12. Who helps arrange Helen and Paul’s trip to Hungary?
(a) Helen’s aunt.
(b) Paul’s brother.
(c) Helen’s mother.
13. Whose life is the subject of the book Rossi tells Helen and Paul will help them kill Dracula?
(a) Saint Michael.
(b) Saint Agatha.
(c) Saint George.
(d) Saint Anne.
14. How does the narrator find her father’s room in Part Three, Chapter 56?
(a) Completely empty.
(b) Uncharacteristically messy.
(c) Nothing was out of the ordinary.
15. Who helps Helen and Paul get into Budapest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul notice about Helen’s physical appearance?
2. How long after Dracula’s death did Helen die?
3. Where does Rossi meet the young woman he falls in love with?
4. Where do Helen and Paul find Dracula’s sarcophagus?
5. What did Rossi give Helen’s mother as a symbol of his love and promise to return to her?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)