|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Hedges?
(b) Blood loss.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A punctured lung.
2. What injury does Hedges have when he gives Rossi the message?
(a) A laceration on his chest.
(b) Severe burns all over his body.
(c) Several broken bones.
(d) A wound on his throat.
3. Who does the narrator realize she is staring at toward the end of Part One, Chapter 4?
(a) Professor Rossi.
(b) A tall, dark woman.
(c) A tall, dark man.
(d) A strange Gypsy woman.
4. What does Paul hope to find by carefully reading the packet of information Rossi gave him?
(a) Clues to his whereabouts.
(b) Clues to Dracula’s true identity.
(c) Clues to who he really is.
(d) Clues to Dracula’s location.
5. What is the text of the dragon book?
(a) It is an account of the life of Dracula.
(b) It is an account of Paul’s life up to that point.
(c) It is a journal written by Dracula.
(d) The book is blank.
6. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 25?
(a) The bus station.
(b) Her home.
(c) The train station.
(d) The airport.
7. What is missing from Rossi’s bookshelf after he disappears?
(a) A key.
(b) The rest of his research documents.
(c) A photo of his wife.
(d) His dragon book.
8. What year and month is Rossi’s third letter dated?
(a) August 1972.
(b) April 1951.
(c) December 1930.
(d) No exact date is given.
9. What century were the maps found by Rossi in Istanbul dated?
(a) The 13th Century.
(b) The 19th Century.
(c) The maps were not dated.
(d) The 15th Century.
10. What book does Paul notice a young woman reading when he is at the library in Part One, Chapter 8?
(a) Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire.
(b) The Collected Works of H. P. Lovecraft.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe’s Murders in the Rue Morgue, and Other Tales.
(d) Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
11. In what library does the narrator begin her own research, according to Part One, Chapter 5?
(a) Her father’s library.
(b) The university library in Amsterdam.
(c) The Oxford library.
(d) Her personal library.
12. What is the salutation in Rossi’s letter in Part One, Chapter 8?
(a) My dear and unfortunate successor.
(b) Dear Paul.
(c) My dear Master.
(d) To those who come next.
13. What decade does the story return to in Part One, Chapter 23?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) Present day.
(d) The 1930s.
14. How does the narrator pass her time while traveling in Part Two, Chapter 25?
(a) She examines a map.
(b) She reads her father’s letters.
(c) She begins writing her account of the events that have occurred so far.
(d) She chats with a tall, dark woman sitting opposite her.
15. Who finds the narrator as she is traveling in Part Two, Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the narrator and Paul travel in Part One, Chapter 5?
2. Where does the narrator believe she will find her father?
3. According to Part Two, Chapter 25, what is the next part of Paul’s story?
4. What specific story does Paul tell at the beginning of Part One, Chapter 6?
5. What does Dracula’s name mean?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)