|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the story being told?
(b) Sometime in the 1950s.
2. What decade does the story return to in Part One, Chapter 23?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) Present day.
3. What does Paul hope to find by carefully reading the packet of information Rossi gave him?
(a) Clues to Dracula’s location.
(b) Clues to Dracula’s true identity.
(c) Clues to who he really is.
(d) Clues to his whereabouts.
4. How long ago did the events in the story occur?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Thirty-six years.
5. In what decade does Paul pick up the narrative toward the end of Part One, Chapter 8?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) This information is not given.
6. To where do the narrator and Paul travel in Part One, Chapter 5?
7. According to Part Two, Chapter 25, what is the next part of Paul’s story?
(a) Paul and Helen’s trip to Istanbul.
(b) Helen's death.
(c) Rossi’s death.
(d) Paul’s discovery of Dracula.
8. What fictional account does the narrator read when she returns to Amsterdam in Part One, Chapter 7?
(a) Stephanie Meyers’s Twilight.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe’s ”Murders in the Rue Morgue.”
(c) Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
(d) Evelyn Bard’s The Demon Who Would Be King.
9. What does the narrator admit to her father at the end of Part One, Chapter 1?
(a) That she took his papers.
(b) That she found a book with a dragon printed in the middle.
(c) That she knows his secret.
(d) That she is looking for her mother.
10. Where does the narrator like to spend time when she is not in school?
(a) A café near her home.
(b) Her father’s office.
(c) The library.
(d) Her room.
11. According to Rossi’s final letter, what is he determined to do?
(a) Avenge Hedges’s death.
(b) Find Dracula.
(c) Avenge his wife’s death.
(d) Live a quiet, happy life.
12. Whose voice is Part One, Chapter 2 in?
(b) The narrator’s mother’s.
(c) The narrator’s.
13. How old is the narrator when the events of the story begin?
14. What is the Radcliffe Camera?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A library.
(c) A town plaza.
(d) The only camera in existence known to successfully take a picture of Dracula.
15. Who is the item the narrator found when she searches for clues about her father’s whereabouts meant for?
(c) The narrator.
(d) An unnamed recipient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does the narrator find an old translation of in her father’s library one evening?
2. What country was Paul in when the dragon book came into his possession?
3. What does Rossi think of Helen?
4. What does Paul reassure Helen about in Part One, Chapter 23?
5. According to Part One, Chapter 8, where did the second of Rossi’s letters come from?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)