|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johan Binnerts’s job?
2. Why is Helen researching Dracula?
(a) As part of her doctoral dissertation.
(b) To find a connection with Rossi.
(c) To outshine her father.
(d) To find her uncle.
3. What does the young woman in Part One, Chapter 8 admit to Paul?
(a) She is preparing for a trip to Istanbul.
(b) She is preparing for a trip to Hungary.
(c) She has just come from Hungary.
(d) She has just come from Istanbul.
4. What is the relationship between Master James and Barley?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Barley is James’s son.
(c) arley is James’s assistant.
(d) They are brothers.
5. According to Part Two, Chapter 25, what is the next part of Paul’s story?
(a) Paul and Helen’s trip to Istanbul.
(b) Rossi’s death.
(c) Helen's death.
(d) Paul’s discovery of Dracula.
6. Where does Paul take the narrator in Part One, Chapter 22?
7. Where does the narrator like to spend time when she is not in school?
(a) The library.
(b) Her room.
(c) Her father’s office.
(d) A café near her home.
8. What does the narrator resolve to do about Rossi’s story after the tour in France?
(a) Seek answers on her own.
(b) Keep it to herself until she can find Rossi.
(c) Share it with as many people as possible.
(d) Record it in her journal.
9. Why does Rossi stop his research after his room is ransacked?
(a) He has reached a dead end.
(b) His father falls in.
(c) He believes it is too dangerous.
(d) He has found what he is looking for.
10. What single word is on the banner held by the dragon in the dragon book?
11. What country was Paul in when the dragon book came into his possession?
(a) The United States.
12. What does the narrator discover about her father when they are chatting in a piazza in Venice?
(a) He was born in Istanbul.
(b) He was bitten in Istanbul.
(c) He killed someone in Istanbul.
(d) He has been to Istanbul.
13. Who does Rossi give his documents to when he stops his research after his room is ransacked?
(c) An unnamed librarian.
(d) No one; he leaves them to be found.
14. What causes the narrator to notice the tall, dark man following her in Part One, Chapter 12?
(a) A wall mural.
(b) A photograph of a tourist.
(c) A painting by a street artist.
(d) A street musician.
15. What is the Radcliffe Camera?
(a) A library.
(b) A town plaza.
(c) The only camera in existence known to successfully take a picture of Dracula.
(d) A monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is the story being told?
2. What haunts the narrator about Dracula’s grisly torture methods?
3. Who is the item the narrator found when she searches for clues about her father’s whereabouts meant for?
4. Why is Barley cross with the narrator in Part Two, Chapter 25?
5. What does the narrator admit to her father at the end of Part One, Chapter 1?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)