|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young woman in Part One, Chapter 8 admit to Paul?
(a) She is preparing for a trip to Hungary.
(b) She has just come from Hungary.
(c) She is preparing for a trip to Istanbul.
(d) She has just come from Istanbul.
2. According to Part One, Chapter 8, where did the second of Rossi’s letters come from?
(d) Kings College.
3. Why is Barley cross with the narrator in Part Two, Chapter 25?
(a) Because she called Master James to discuss him.
(b) Because she left Amsterdam without telling anyone.
(c) Because she made him accompany her.
(d) Because she is continuing her father’s research.
4. Why is Paul’s mentor familiar with the dragon book?
(a) He is the one who left the book for Paul.
(b) He has been looking for it for years.
(c) He wrote it.
(d) He found his own copy of the book when he was a graduate student.
5. Where did Paul’ mentor go to graduate school?
(b) An unnamed European university.
(c) The university in Amsterdam.
6. How does Johan Binnerts help the narrator in Part One, Chapter 5?
(a) By telling her his story.
(b) By helping her find Dracula-related documents.
(c) By showing her his own dragon book.
(d) By showing her around the university campus.
7. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 25?
(a) Her home.
(b) The airport.
(c) The train station.
(d) The bus station.
8. How does Paul react when they tour the religious building in France in Part One, Chapter 10?
(a) With a mixture of anger and regret.
(b) With a mixture of anger and sadness.
(c) With a mixture of fear and anger.
(d) With a mixture of fear and grief.
9. How does Rossi interpret Hedges’s death?
(a) As a senseless accident.
(b) As an omen of things to come.
(c) As a warning to curtail his studies.
(d) As revenge.
10. What famous establishment is the focus of the story told to Paul and the narrator in Part One, Chapter 7?
(a) A private residence.
(b) A monastery.
(c) An abbey.
(d) A small college.
11. What haunts the narrator about Dracula’s grisly torture methods?
(a) The fact that the events actually occurred.
(b) The fact that her mother endured such torture.
(c) The fact that her father was probably involved in helping Dracula.
(d) The fact that Dracula has never been brought to justice.
12. How many people survived the killings in the story told to the narrator and Paul in Part One, Chapter 7?
(b) All but two.
13. What does Rossi try to reconstruct in his third and fourth letters, according to Part One, Chapter 9?
(a) The best way to kill Dracula.
(b) The timeline of his life.
(c) His notes on Dracula.
(d) An understanding of Dracula’s powers.
14. In what library does the narrator begin her own research, according to Part One, Chapter 5?
(a) The university library in Amsterdam.
(b) Her father’s library.
(c) The Oxford library.
(d) Her personal library.
15. In what language were the maps found by Rossi in Istanbul labeled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johan Binnerts’s job?
2. Who is to escort the narrator after her father disappears?
3. Who does Rossi give his documents to when he stops his research after his room is ransacked?
4. What is the relationship between Master James and Barley?
5. What happens to Rossi’s friend Hedges in Part One, Chapter 12?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)