|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Salvatore and Martineau look for Frankie?
2. What does Dolores eat in part two, chapter thirteen?
3. Where does Mary recognize Paolo from?
4. What is the name of Celesta's two sons?
5. What does Rose find in the kitchen closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do people think has happened to Salvatore?
2. How does Dolores get into her mother's house?
3. What does Martineau tell Dolores about the night of the fire?
4. How does Mary react when she sees Frankie with Joe and Paolo?
5. How does Rose make Dolores and Luca laugh at their mother's funeral?
6. What does Eva tell Dolores in part two, chapter fifteen?
7. How does the novel end?
8. How does Luca cause Dolores to faint?
9. What does part two, chapter three say about Rose's character?
10. How does Salvatore fall into the dry dock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Dolores's life:
Essay Topic 2
How did the fire affect relationships within the family? Why does Dolores speaks in poetic terms at the state of her fingerless hand?
Essay Topic 3
Why do both Mary and Frankie struggle to settle in Cardiff? How different was Malta to Wales in the sixties? How would compatriots view his behavior in Cardiff?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)