|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rose's dog?
2. Where do Salvatore and Martineau look for Frankie?
3. What does Celesta have pinned to her dress?
4. Where does the family find Mary after the wedding?
5. Who does Frankie not want to hear Salvatore shouting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose make Dolores and Luca laugh at their mother's funeral?
2. What does Luca remember in part two, chapter sixteen?
3. What is Mary's state when she is discovered at the Salvation Army hospital?
4. What does Salvatore discover in part one chapter eleven?
5. What does Dolores remember about her relationship with her sister?
6. What does part two, chapter three say about Rose's character?
7. What does Rose remember about her father's belt?
8. What does Martineau tell Dolores about the night of the fire?
9. What problems occur at the wedding reception?
10. What do Luca and Rose remember about the past in part two chapter fourteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do both Mary and Frankie struggle to settle in Cardiff? How different was Malta to Wales in the sixties? How would compatriots view his behavior in Cardiff?
Essay Topic 2
All four sisters have a difficult relationship with their mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has the four sisterss relationship with their mother affected them?
Essay Topic 3
Why don't Frankie and Mary don't trust each other? How does their lack of trust for each other affect their relationships with their children?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)