|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary think about as she watches the traffic?
2. Where does the family find Mary after the wedding?
3. What does Eva give Dolores?
4. What does Dolores tell Louis about?
5. Who does Frankie not want to hear Salvatore shouting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Luca and Rose remember about the past in part two chapter fourteen?
2. How does Mary react when she sees Frankie with Joe and Paolo?
3. How does Frankie react when Salvatore falls into the dry dock?
4. How does Rose make Dolores and Luca laugh at their mother's funeral?
5. Why is Dolores so transfixed by the photograph?
6. How does the novel end?
7. What kind of list does Dolores write?
8. What does Dolores remember about her relationship with her sister?
9. How does Salvatore fall into the dry dock?
10. Describe Celesta's adult life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
2. New York
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
How did the fire affect relationships within the family? Why does Dolores speaks in poetic terms at the state of her fingerless hand?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)