|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolores have to meet in part two, Waiting two?
2. Where is Luca at the beginning of part two, chapter sixteen?
3. Why does Dolores think her sister cut her out?
4. What has Celesta covered with the death towel?
5. Where does Dolores say she working in the Missing chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dolores so transfixed by the photograph?
2. How has the city changed since Dolores was there thirty years ago?
3. How does Salvatore fall into the dry dock?
4. How does Frankie react when Salvatore falls into the dry dock?
5. How does Luca cause Dolores to faint?
6. What does Dolores think about Salvatore in part two, chapter sixteen?
7. What problems occur at the wedding reception?
8. In what way does Rose defy her husband?
9. What does Dolores remember about her relationship with her sister?
10. What does Rose remember about her father's belt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)