|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body does Eva say the police have found?
2. Who does Dolores meet in Tino's?
3. How does Eva cause a fuss at the reception?
4. What is the name of the hospital Mary is at?
5. What does Dolores see still sitting in the back of the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary react when she sees Frankie with Joe and Paolo?
2. What does Eva tell Dolores in part two, chapter fifteen?
3. How does Dolores get into her mother's house?
4. Why is Dolores so transfixed by the photograph?
5. What do people think has happened to Salvatore?
6. What does Martineau tell Dolores about the night of the fire?
7. In what way does Rose defy her husband?
8. What kind of list does Dolores write?
9. How does Frankie react when Salvatore falls into the dry dock?
10. What does Dolores think about Salvatore in part two, chapter sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
2. New York
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Dolores's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she was at the end:
1. What did Dolores hope to achieve at the beginning of the novel?
2. What events changes Dolores's ideas about life?
3. How has Dolores's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)