|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salvatore change the name of the diner to?
2. What does Mary's neighbor see coming out from the back of the house?
3. Which of Frankie's children does Joe believe is his daughter?
4. What does Mary tell Dolores Frankie really wants to do?
5. Who walks Celesta home after her date with Markus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frankie's relationship with Salvatore change when he gambles away his half of the diner?
2. How does Joe's proposal make Frankie doubt himself and his family?
3. What does Frankie think about at the end of the chapter?
4. What tattoos does Fran have on her forearm?
5. How does Frankie prepare to see the bookie?
6. What is Joe's proposal?
7. What does Celesta overhear Mrs. Jackson saying to her husband?
8. How did Frankie meet Joe?
9. Why does Frankie think he does not owe Joe anything?
10. Why does Frankie think it is a good idea if Celesta marries Pippo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
All four sisters have a difficult relationship with their mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has the four sisterss relationship with their mother affected them?
Essay Topic 3
Why do both Mary and Frankie struggle to settle in Cardiff? How different was Malta to Wales in the sixties? How would compatriots view his behavior in Cardiff?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)