|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe stop from rolling into a crack in the floorboards?
2. Where does Mary hide the household money?
3. What does Frankie lose in a game of cards?
4. What does Dolores compare her bedroom to?
5. What does Frankie change into before his meeting with the bookie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Salvatore help help out Mary and the children?
2. How does Joe's proposal make Frankie doubt himself and his family?
3. How has Fran caused trouble in the neighborhood in part one, chapter seven?
4. Why does Dolores think people can't see her scars?
5. How did Joe help Frankie out?
6. How dis Mary keep Dolores warm when she was a baby?
7. What does the adult Dolores think about as she sits in her mother's empty house?
8. What is Frankie's life like before Dolores is born?
9. What problems is Frankie having at the end of part one, chapter three?
10. How do the neighbors help Mary after the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Dolores's life:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)