|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Martineau and Mary go to speak in private?
2. What does Frankie build with the burned kitchen door?
3. Which of Joe's men arrives to collect the rent?
4. Which of the rabbit's organs does Frankie show Dolores?
5. Which of Frankie's children does Joe believe is his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frankie think he does not owe Joe anything?
2. How does Frankie prepare to see the bookie?
3. Why does Dolores think people can't see her scars?
4. What do the doctors say about Dolores's injuries?
5. What does Celesta overhear Mrs. Jackson saying to her husband?
6. How does Salvatore help help out Mary and the children?
7. How does Dolores find the picture of Joe?
8. Why does Frankie think it is a good idea if Celesta marries Pippo?
9. How do the neighbors help Mary after the fire?
10. How did Frankie meet Joe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
All four sisters have a difficult relationship with their mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has the four sisterss relationship with their mother affected them?
Essay Topic 3
Why is memory not necessarily accurate? Bearing in mind how much Dolores's get wrong in her relationship with her sisters, how much can the reader trust the passages Dolores has narrated ?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)