|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sweet Salvatore does make for the men's party?
2. Who is looking after Mary's other daughters?
3. Whose house does Celeste take her sisters to?
4. What does Salvatore change the name of the diner to?
5. Where is Dolores sitting for the first time in thirty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the doctors say about Dolores's injuries?
2. How is Dolore's responsible for the baby rabbits' deaths?
3. What does Dolores say she often think about when she remembers the night of the fire?
4. How does Dolores find the picture of Joe?
5. What does Frankie do to the rabbit?
6. What tattoos does Fran have on her forearm?
7. How do the neighbors help Mary after the fire?
8. How does Celesta come to the decision to marry Pippo?
9. How has Fran caused trouble in the neighborhood in part one, chapter seven?
10. What is Joe's proposal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why don't Frankie and Mary don't trust each other? How does their lack of trust for each other affect their relationships with their children?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Dolores's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she was at the end:
1. What did Dolores hope to achieve at the beginning of the novel?
2. What events changes Dolores's ideas about life?
3. How has Dolores's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
All four sisters have a difficult relationship with their mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has the four sisterss relationship with their mother affected them?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)