|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolores compare her bedroom to?
2. What country is Frankie from?
3. What does Dolores give up to get Luca to tell her about Celesta's date?
4. What is the social worker's name?
5. What does Dolores say to herself slowly in part one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary say Frankie wants to do to her instead of what he is doing to the kitchen door?
2. What does Frankie think about at the end of the chapter?
3. What is Frankie's life like before Dolores is born?
4. How does Dolores find the picture of Joe?
5. How does Joe's proposal make Frankie doubt himself and his family?
6. How dis Mary keep Dolores warm when she was a baby?
7. Why does Frankie's theft of the household money cause such a problem for Mary?
8. What does the adult Dolores think about as she sits in her mother's empty house?
9. How does Salvatore help help out Mary and the children?
10. What happens on Celesta's date with Markus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare Dolores's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she was at the end:
1. What did Dolores hope to achieve at the beginning of the novel?
2. What events changes Dolores's ideas about life?
3. How has Dolores's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)