|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose find in the kitchen closet?
(a) A gold chain.
(b) A belt.
(c) A diamond earring.
(d) A ruby ring.
2. What does Dolores tell Louis about?
(a) Her old old rabbits.
(b) Fran's tattoos.
(c) Celesta's wedding.
(d) Eva's old purse.
3. What did Louis get into trouble for the night before?
(a) Not putting money into his bank.
(b) Not walking Dolores home.
(c) Smoking hashish.
(d) Losing a check.
4. What does Dolores see sitting on the dresser?
(a) A brassbell.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A glass pipe.
(d) A vase.
5. What has Frankie stolen from Salvatore?
(a) His wife,
(b) His money.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Salvatore's wife?
2. Where do Salvatore and Martineau look for Frankie?
3. What did Frankie give Celesta as a present?
4. What does Dolores take home with her?
5. Who arrives at the house as Dolores is dropping off to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose tells Dolores about her other sisters?
2. Why is Dolores so transfixed by the photograph?
3. What does part two, chapter three say about Rose's character?
4. How does the novel end?
5. What is Mary's state when she is discovered at the Salvation Army hospital?
6. How has the city changed since Dolores was there thirty years ago?
7. What does Eva tell Dolores in part two, chapter fifteen?
8. What problems occur at the wedding reception?
9. What happens to the death towel in part two, chapter nineteen?
10. What does Rose remember about her father's belt?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)