|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frankie want Celesta to marry?
2. What kind of animal does Frankie use to pay off his gambling debts?
3. What sweet Salvatore does make for the men's party?
(a) Lard cake.
(b) Lemon pie.
4. What falls out of Mary's sewing box?
(b) Joe's picture.
(c) The hosehold money.
(d) A check.
5. What does Frankie say he will ask Joe for?
(a) A loan.
(b) A cheaper house.
(c) A car.
(d) More time on the rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe teach Frankie?
2. What kind of marriage does Pippo say he wants?
3. Where does Mary hide the picture of Joe?
4. Who owned the ruby ring before Frankie?
5. Who does Frankie talk to in part one, chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frankie's relationship with Salvatore change when he gambles away his half of the diner?
2. Why does Frankie think he does not owe Joe anything?
3. How does the family's situation change the day Dolores is born?
4. What tattoos does Fran have on her forearm?
5. How does the author build suspense in part one, chapter three?
6. How does Joe's proposal make Frankie doubt himself and his family?
7. What does the adult Dolores think about as she sits in her mother's empty house?
8. What does Frankie do to the rabbit?
9. What is Frankie's life like before Dolores is born?
10. What happens on Celesta's date with Markus?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)