|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day does Dolores remember?
(a) Celesta's wedding.
(b) Luca's birthday.
(c) Her parent's anniversay.
(d) Fran's christening.
2. What is Dolores supposed to do if she sees her father?
(a) Shout his name.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Climb in bed.
(d) Warn her mother.
3. What would Frankie rather do than work at the diner?
(c) Run after women.
(d) Watch television.
4. Which of Frankie's children does Joe believe is his daughter?
5. What does Dolores's father have half a partnership in?
(a) A construction business.
(b) A diner.
(c) A taxi service.
(d) A hotel.
6. What does Frankie play on the day Dolores is born?
(a) One armed bandit.
7. Who does Celesta have a date with in part one, chapter eight?
8. What does Frankie try to remember when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) Dolore's ward.
(b) Dolore's name.
(c) Dolore's age.
(d) Dolore's favorite flower.
9. What does Dolores say is enough to scare people away?
(a) Her left fist.
(b) Her scars.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her misery.
10. What does Mary try to get together after Frankie leaves?
(a) The rent money.
(b) The children's pocket money.
(c) The children's school lunches.
(d) The children's dinner.
11. What is the social worker's name?
12. What kind of animal does Frankie use to pay off his gambling debts?
13. Who talks to Mary after the doctors?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A fireman.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A policeman.
14. What did Joe stop from rolling into a crack in the floorboards?
(a) Frankie's wedding ring.
(b) Frankie's gold tooth.
(c) Frankie's ruby ring.
(d) Frankie's gold coin.
15. Which of Joe's men arrives to collect the rent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolores compare her damaged hand to?
2. Which character is burned in the kitchen?
3. Who carries Mary home?
4. Who does Salvotore hide some biscotti for?
5. What does Mary tell Dolores Frankie really wants to do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)