Part 1, Waiting
• Dolores sits at her bedroom window waiting for her father to come home. She says when sees him she has to run down and tell her mother.
• Dolores explains she lives with her four sisters and parents in a cramped house in Cardiff, Wales. She shares her bedroom and two of her sisters. Her two older sisters have a room of their own.
• Dolores runs down to her mother to tell her her father is coming towards the house.
• The first chapter ends with an adult Dolores staring out of the same bedroom, waiting for her sisters.
Part 1, Chapter 1
• Dolores talks about her father Frankie. Before Dolores was born he had a half share in a diner with his friend Salvatore. Unfortunately, Frankie preferred to gamble than to work.
• When Frankie hears Mary is pregnant with Dolores he decides the new baby will bring him luck...
This section contains 1,935 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)