|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do all of the Ten Booms gather in Lieutenant Rehms' office?
2. What does Corrie rejoice about in her new cell?
3. What does Nollie tell Corrie about honesty?
4. What nickname do Corrie and Betsie give the woman in charge of the Vught?
5. What do the officials take from Corrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betsie vow to do while in prison? How does Corrie react? How does this vow change their lives?
2. What does Corrie see as her calling in prison? Who does she share this with? How is Corrie rewarded for her efforts?
3. What does Betsie dream of doing after the concentration camp? With whom does she share this dream?
4. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
5. What happens to the prisoners when they reach The Hague?
6. Why do the guards all leave one day? What do the women do during this time? What does Betsie pass to Corrie?
7. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
8. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
9. Who is in charge of Corrie's hearing? What does she talk about with the person in charge? What does he want to know more about?
10. What happens when Nollie's house is raided? How does Nollie differ from Corrie in regard to a raid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is life like for Jews in hiding? Describe the hiding place in the Ten Booms' house. What other alternatives do Jews in Holland have other than going into hiding?
Essay Topic 2
What does Corrie do after she is released from the concentration camp? Why is the date of her release significant? How does she fulfill Betsie's dreams? Why do you think Corrie continued on with Betsie's dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the Ten Booms got involved in hiding Jews? Trace their involvement in this activity. How did they get started? Do you think you would make the same choice?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)