|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the family advice at the facility where they are taken?
2. After the man appears, what does Corrie institute in the house?
3. What does Betsie want to do after leaving the camp?
4. Why is Corrie placed in solitary confinement?
5. What does Betsie suffer from in December?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps the family at the processing facility? What advice does he give them?
2. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
3. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
4. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
5. What are the conditions like at Ravensbruck for the women?
6. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
7. Why is Corrie unable to take her bag with her when the authorities raid the Beje? How do she and Betsie react to the raid?
8. Who does Otto work for by chapter 8? How does Corrie deal with his questions and insinuations?
9. What happens when the authorities raid the Beje?
10. What happens to Betsie? What does Corrie think when she sees her sister? What happens to the blue sweater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is life like for Jews in hiding? Describe the hiding place in the Ten Booms' house. What other alternatives do Jews in Holland have other than going into hiding?
Essay Topic 2
How do the people in Holland feel about the Germans before the occupation? Why do you think they feel in these ways? How does Corrie feel about the Nazis? How is Germany able to occupy Holland? Why do you think so many people failed to see the threat?
Essay Topic 3
What dreams does Betsie have for after she is released from the concentration camp? How are these dreams realized? Who helps Corrie make Betsie's dreams come true?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)