|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date do the authorities raid the Beje?
2. Who sneaks a Bible to Corrie during the meeting?
3. Why does Lieutenant Rehms want to know more about Corrie's faith?
4. What does Corrie share with Lieutenant Rehms?
5. Why is Corrie placed in solitary confinement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the sisters' release date nears? Where are the sisters taken?
2. What happens when the police chief summons Corrie? How does Corrie react?
3. What does Nollie send to Corrie after Nollie is released? Where does she include a secret message and what is it?
4. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
5. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
6. Who is in charge of Corrie's hearing? What does she talk about with the person in charge? What does he want to know more about?
7. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
8. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
9. What is Corrie's visit to the hospital to see Betsie like? Who tells her how to get into the hospital? What does she see in the bathroom?
10. Why does Corrie go to the hospital? What does she ask the nurse? What does she receive when she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the title of the book significant? What dual meanings does this title have in the book? Why do you think this particular title was chosen?
Essay Topic 2
Was Casper a good father to his children? Use specific examples from the book to back up your answer. How does Casper influence the moral development and actions of his children?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the underground network that hid Jews in Holland. Who was involved in it? What strategies did they use to escape detection?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)