|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is smuggled in that helps Betsie?
2. What temperature does Betsie's fever reach before she is admitted to the infirmary?
3. After the man appears, what does Corrie institute in the house?
4. Who tells Corrie how to get into the hospital to see Betsie?
5. How many women live in their quarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the prisoners when they reach The Hague?
2. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
3. What does Nollie send to Corrie after Nollie is released? Where does she include a secret message and what is it?
4. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
5. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
6. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
7. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
8. What do Betsie and Corrie begin to do in the barracks? How do they reach the women who do not speak Dutch?
9. Why does Betsie enter the infirmary? What dangers does the infirmary represent to the prisoners? What happens to Betsie?
10. What are the conditions like at Ravensbruck for the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is life like for Jews in hiding? Describe the hiding place in the Ten Booms' house. What other alternatives do Jews in Holland have other than going into hiding?
Essay Topic 2
How do the people in Holland feel about the Germans before the occupation? Why do you think they feel in these ways? How does Corrie feel about the Nazis? How is Germany able to occupy Holland? Why do you think so many people failed to see the threat?
Essay Topic 3
What does Corrie do after she is released from the concentration camp? Why is the date of her release significant? How does she fulfill Betsie's dreams? Why do you think Corrie continued on with Betsie's dreams?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)