|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is arrested for having a Jewish maid?
2. When Betsie and Corrie are placed in the new compound, what do they receive?
3. Frau Mikes makes what out of toilet tissue?
4. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms?
5. Why does Lieutenant Rehms want to know more about Corrie's faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nollie's house is raided? How does Nollie differ from Corrie in regard to a raid?
2. What does Betsie vow to do while in prison? How does Corrie react? How does this vow change their lives?
3. What happens as the sisters' release date nears? Where are the sisters taken?
4. What happens to Betsie? What does Corrie think when she sees her sister? What happens to the blue sweater?
5. Who is in charge of Corrie's hearing? What does she talk about with the person in charge? What does he want to know more about?
6. What is Corrie's visit to the hospital to see Betsie like? Who tells her how to get into the hospital? What does she see in the bathroom?
7. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
8. Why is Corrie unable to take her bag with her when the authorities raid the Beje? How do she and Betsie react to the raid?
9. What does Betsie dream of doing after the concentration camp? With whom does she share this dream?
10. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the people in Holland feel about the Germans before the occupation? Why do you think they feel in these ways? How does Corrie feel about the Nazis? How is Germany able to occupy Holland? Why do you think so many people failed to see the threat?
Essay Topic 2
What tensions exist between the Ten Boom's faith and their activities in the underground? What are several ways that they deal with these tensions? Which approach do you think you would take in the circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the title of the book significant? What dual meanings does this title have in the book? Why do you think this particular title was chosen?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)