|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meyer Mossel is renamed what at the Beje?
2. How many foster children does Casper take in?
3. What does Corrie want to wear for her first day of school?
4. Who expresses a desire to write to Corrie?
5. Why does Casper pity the Germans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for the Jews in Haarlem after occupation?
2. How does Corrie feel about going to school? What advice does she get from others in her family?
3. Where does Willem go? How does this affect Corrie's life? What happens when she goes to visit him?
4. Where does Corrie live? With whom does she live?
5. What medical problem does Aunt Jans have? What does Corrie learn to do for her? What happens in January in regards to Aunt Jans?
6. What challenges do the underground face? How do the individuals involved try to overcome these issues?
7. When is the first time that Corrie sees a dead body? How does it affect her?
8. Who works in the shop? Describe how the shop operates.
9. Why does Corrie go to Amsterdam as a youth? With whom does she go? What does she experience on these trips?
10. How do the Ten Booms react to the requests to take in Jews? How does this intersect with their faith in God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Casper a good father to his children? Use specific examples from the book to back up your answer. How does Casper influence the moral development and actions of his children?
Essay Topic 2
What is life like for Jews in hiding? Describe the hiding place in the Ten Booms' house. What other alternatives do Jews in Holland have other than going into hiding?
Essay Topic 3
What was Corrie's childhood like? Who do you think had the greatest influence on her? How did her childhood and upbringing influence her role in the underground?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)