|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies four weeks after Nollie's wedding?
2. What does Corrie dread in Chapter 2?
3. How old is Corrie at the start of the novel?
4. What is special about the day that the novel opens?
5. When does Corrie first see a dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. DeBoer? What happens at her home?
2. What does Corrie learn about Willem? How does the family get involved in hiding Jews?
3. What are the worker drafts? How do individuals try to avoid these?
4. What does the family travel together to do? Who does Corrie see on this trip?
5. What challenges do the underground face? How do the individuals involved try to overcome these issues?
6. Who works in the shop? Describe how the shop operates.
7. Where does Willem go? How does this affect Corrie's life? What happens when she goes to visit him?
8. What happens to Mrs. Ten Boom? How does the family react?
9. What is built in Corrie's room? What is it like? What do the men tell Corrie to do?
10. What does the family stay up late to listen to? What happens that night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What dreams does Betsie have for after she is released from the concentration camp? How are these dreams realized? Who helps Corrie make Betsie's dreams come true?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conditions of the camp. What was life like for the prisoners? Discuss at least three ways that Corrie and the other prisoners tried to cope with the conditions.
Essay Topic 3
What was Corrie's childhood like? Who do you think had the greatest influence on her? How did her childhood and upbringing influence her role in the underground?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)