|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new item does the doctor bring with him when Mrs. Ten Boom and Aunt Bep are sick?
2. Who gives Nollie a talk about sex before her wedding?
3. Why does Casper fire Otto?
4. What do some young men do to avoid getting caught in the worker's draft?
5. The family practices until they can hide all evidence of others in what amount of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is built in Corrie's room? What is it like? What do the men tell Corrie to do?
2. What does the family stay up late to listen to? What happens that night?
3. What does Corrie learn about Willem? How does the family get involved in hiding Jews?
4. Where does Willem go? How does this affect Corrie's life? What happens when she goes to visit him?
5. What does the family travel together to do? Who does Corrie see on this trip?
6. What happens to Mrs. Ten Boom? How does the family react?
7. What gift do the townspeople give to Casper? How does the growing technology affect the watch shop?
8. What is happening on the day that the novel opens? Describe the events.
9. What are the worker drafts? How do individuals try to avoid these?
10. How does Corrie feel about going to school? What advice does she get from others in her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What tensions exist between the Ten Boom's faith and their activities in the underground? What are several ways that they deal with these tensions? Which approach do you think you would take in the circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concentration camps like? What hardships are present for the prisoners? How do they attempt to minimize these hardships?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Betsie and Corrie. What actions do the sisters take to stay with each other in the camp? How does Betsie's death affect Corrie?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)