|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Corrie and her parents?
2. What is breakfast followed by in the Ten Boom household?
3. What does Corrie find in her bed one night when she comes back to bed after having tea?
4. What task does Corrie take over at the shop?
5. What does the family travel for, even though Mrs. Ten Boom is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is built in Corrie's room? What is it like? What do the men tell Corrie to do?
2. Who works in the shop? Describe how the shop operates.
3. How does Betsie's illness affect Corrie? What changes do the sisters make in their home and the watch shop?
4. What is life like for the Jews in Haarlem after occupation?
5. Who helps Corrie in her quest to help the Jews in Holland? How do these people help her?
6. Who is Otto? What is he like?
7. Where does Willem go? How does this affect Corrie's life? What happens when she goes to visit him?
8. With whom does Willem arrive? What has happened to this individual? How do people interpret this?
9. What is Corrie's childhood like? With whom does she live?
10. What is happening on the day that the novel opens? Describe the events.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the lives of those in Haarlem change as Nazi doctrine spread? Use specific examples from the story to illustrate your answer. How did the Ten Booms feel about these changes and what did they do in response to these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How do Corrie's family members influence her development and personality? Give specific examples from the book. Who do you think had the greatest influence on Corrie? What effect does Corrie have on her family members in return?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Casper does not take the offer for his release from prison? What consequences does this decision have? How do his children feel about Casper's decision to remain in prison?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)