|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which camp are the women brought?
2. Where is the family taken for questioning?
(a) The watch shop
(b) The kitchen
(c) Corrie's room
(d) The hiding place
3. Why is Corrie placed in solitary confinement?
(a) Her illness
(b) Her Bible is found
(c) She back talks to a guard
(d) She tries to help another prisoner
4. Who does Corrie find on the bus out of The Hague?
5. What does Nollie tell Corrie in a letter?
(a) The Jews in the Beje were discovered
(b) She is going home to Haarlem
(c) Casper died after entering the prison
(d) Peter has been sent to prison again
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the women on the train out of Vught?
2. By Christmas, 1943, every family in Haarlem has what?
3. What does Nollie tell Corrie about honesty?
4. What do the officials take from Corrie?
5. Who does Otto work for by 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
2. Why is Corrie unable to take her bag with her when the authorities raid the Beje? How do she and Betsie react to the raid?
3. What do Betsie and Corrie begin to do in the barracks? How do they reach the women who do not speak Dutch?
4. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
5. Why do the guards all leave one day? What do the women do during this time? What does Betsie pass to Corrie?
6. What happens to Betsie? What does Corrie think when she sees her sister? What happens to the blue sweater?
7. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
8. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
9. What is Corrie's visit to the hospital to see Betsie like? Who tells her how to get into the hospital? What does she see in the bathroom?
10. Who is in charge of Corrie's hearing? What does she talk about with the person in charge? What does he want to know more about?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)