|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the family taken for questioning?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The watch shop
(c) The hiding place
(d) Corrie's room
2. What item do the sisters save when they distribute the rest of their material goods?
(a) Their father's will
(b) A deck of cards
(c) Their mother's wedding ring
(d) The Bible
3. What does Betsie tell Corrie about the German soldiers?
(a) She thinks that they can be bribed
(b) She feels sorry for them
(c) She hates them for what they've done
(d) They are old enough to know better
4. Why is there little supervision in the barracks?
(a) Because of the fleas
(b) The guards trust the women
(c) Because the guards think the women might attack them
(d) There are too few guards at the camp
5. What is Corrie sick with when the Germans raid the Beje?
(a) The flu
(b) The mumps
(c) A migraine
(d) Scarlet fever
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casper's will like?
2. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms?
3. What does Corrie share with Lieutenant Rehms?
4. Who gives the family advice at the facility where they are taken?
5. What does Corrie create on her cell wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
2. What does Betsie vow to do while in prison? How does Corrie react? How does this vow change their lives?
3. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
4. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
5. Why is Corrie unable to take her bag with her when the authorities raid the Beje? How do she and Betsie react to the raid?
6. What happens when the police chief summons Corrie? How does Corrie react?
7. What are the conditions like at Ravensbruck for the women?
8. Why does Betsie enter the infirmary? What dangers does the infirmary represent to the prisoners? What happens to Betsie?
9. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
10. Where are Betsie and Corrie sent after The Hague? What are conditions like at this prison? What work do Corrie and Betsie do?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)