|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrie find in the bathroom of the hospital?
(a) Used needles
(b) Medicine boxes
(c) Prisoners hiding
(d) Dead bodies
2. What does Nollie tell Corrie in a letter?
(a) The Jews in the Beje were discovered
(b) Casper died after entering the prison
(c) Peter has been sent to prison again
(d) She is going home to Haarlem
3. Why can't Corrie take the bag that she had packed in case of a raid?
(a) The Germans won't let her take anything
(b) It is in front of the hiding place door
(c) She is in the watch shop when the raid occurs
(d) She thinks that those remaining will need it
4. What item do the sisters save when they distribute the rest of their material goods?
(a) Their father's will
(b) The Bible
(c) Their mother's wedding ring
(d) A deck of cards
5. What does Betsie vow to do in the prison compound?
(a) Kill a German soldier
(b) Get out before the spring
(c) Minister faith and religion to those she meets in prison
(d) Stay with Corrie no matter what
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Corrie receive?
2. What does Betsie suffer from in December?
3. What did the Germans find in the house?
4. Who sneaks a Bible to Corrie during the meeting?
5. What work is Betsie given when she returns from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the authorities raid the Beje?
2. What happens to the prisoners when they reach The Hague?
3. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
4. Why do the guards all leave one day? What do the women do during this time? What does Betsie pass to Corrie?
5. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
6. What does Betsie vow to do while in prison? How does Corrie react? How does this vow change their lives?
7. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
8. What do Betsie and Corrie begin to do in the barracks? How do they reach the women who do not speak Dutch?
9. Why does Corrie go to the hospital? What does she ask the nurse? What does she receive when she leaves?
10. Where are Betsie and Corrie sent after The Hague? What are conditions like at this prison? What work do Corrie and Betsie do?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)