|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrie create on her cell wall?
(a) A painting
(b) Cut-outs of home
(c) A calendar system
(d) A Bible translation
2. What work is Betsie given when she returns from the hospital?
(a) Unloading hand carts
(b) Delivering messages between the guards
(c) Knitting duty
(d) Sewing prison clothing
3. To whom does Casper leave the Beje?
(a) Corrie and Nollie
(b) Betsie and Corrie
(c) Willem and Kik
(d) Willem and Betsie
4. After two weeks in Vught, what do Corrie and Betsie receive?
(a) Pink slips
(d) Hard labor
5. What is Casper's will like?
(a) Simple and to the point
(c) Long and difficult to get through
(d) Causing rifts in the family
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Lieutenant Rehms?
2. What message does Betsie pass to Corrie?
3. What is smuggled in that helps Betsie?
4. Why can't Corrie take the bag that she had packed in case of a raid?
5. What is Corrie sick with when the Germans raid the Beje?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nollie's house is raided? How does Nollie differ from Corrie in regard to a raid?
2. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
3. What happens as the sisters' release date nears? Where are the sisters taken?
4. What does Nollie send to Corrie after Nollie is released? Where does she include a secret message and what is it?
5. What does the family at the Beje notice one evening during dinner? How does this event change Corrie's life?
6. What does Betsie dream of doing after the concentration camp? With whom does she share this dream?
7. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
8. Who helps the family at the processing facility? What advice does he give them?
9. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
10. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)