|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Corrie's brigade transfers, what brigade does she join?
(a) The knitting brigade
(b) The painting brigade
(c) The latrine brigade
(d) The cleaning brigade
2. One night at the Beje, what does a strange man start to do?
(a) Wash the windows
(b) Break into the hidden room
(c) Take out the trash
(d) Steal watches
3. What does Corrie manage to smuggle in?
(b) A Bible
(d) A pair of shoes
4. Who tells Corrie how to get into the hospital to see Betsie?
5. Once a week, the women have to do what?
(b) Take the sick to the incinerator
(c) Clean their barracks
(d) Strip for inspection
Short Answer Questions
1. What work is Betsie given when she returns from the hospital?
2. Who warns Corrie that one of her hideouts is about to be raided?
3. Those at the Beje celebrate Christmas and what other holiday?
4. How many women live in their quarters?
5. What is Corrie sick with when the Germans raid the Beje?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the authorities raid the Beje?
2. What happens to the prisoners when they reach The Hague?
3. What does Corrie ask of Lieutenant Rehms? What two situations does Lieutenant Rehms arrange for Corrie?
4. Where are Betsie and Corrie sent after The Hague? What are conditions like at this prison? What work do Corrie and Betsie do?
5. What are the conditions like at Ravensbruck for the women?
6. What happens when Nollie's house is raided? How does Nollie differ from Corrie in regard to a raid?
7. What is Corrie's visit to the hospital to see Betsie like? Who tells her how to get into the hospital? What does she see in the bathroom?
8. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
9. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
10. How does Corrie get onto a new work brigade? What does she have to do in order to stay with Betsie?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)