|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once a week, the women have to do what?
(b) Clean their barracks
(c) Strip for inspection
(d) Take the sick to the incinerator
2. Who gives the family advice at the facility where they are taken?
(b) Mr. Smit
3. What does Rolf tell the family to get rid of?
(a) Their Bibles
(b) Their money
(c) Any incriminating evidence
(d) Their passports
4. What word best describes Lieutenant Rehms?
5. What work is assigned to Betsie and Corrie?
(a) Emptying the latrines
(b) Caring for the prison children
(c) Unloading heavy handcarts
(d) Sewing prison uniforms
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Corrie sick with when the Germans raid the Beje?
2. How long is Corrie in prison before her hearing?
3. What does Nollie tell Corrie in a letter?
4. What did the Germans find in the house?
5. What item do the sisters save when they distribute the rest of their material goods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the police chief summons Corrie? How does Corrie react?
2. Why is Corrie unable to take her bag with her when the authorities raid the Beje? How do she and Betsie react to the raid?
3. What is the ride into Germany like? What do the women do when they arrive at Ravensbruck?
4. What happens as the sisters' release date nears? Where are the sisters taken?
5. What do Betsie and Corrie begin to do in the barracks? How do they reach the women who do not speak Dutch?
6. Why do the sisters divide and distribute their personal items? What happens after they do this?
7. What does Betsie dream of doing after the concentration camp? With whom does she share this dream?
8. Where are Betsie and Corrie sent after The Hague? What are conditions like at this prison? What work do Corrie and Betsie do?
9. What happens to the prisoners when they reach The Hague?
10. What vision has Corrie had that now comes true? What does it symbolize?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)