|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who establishes the Ten Boom's habit of helping people in need?
(b) Mr. Ten Boom
(c) Mrs. Ten Boom
(d) Corrie's Aunt Jans
2. No family can afford to take in a Jew without what?
(a) A place to hide them
(b) A yellow star
(c) A ration card
(d) A bribe
3. Why does Casper fire Otto?
(a) For stealing money from the shop
(b) For being rude to customers
(c) For showing up late
(d) For mistreating Christoffels
4. How long is Mrs. Ten Boom in a coma?
(a) Four days
(b) One week
(c) Two months
(d) Ten months
5. What does Corrie lack?
(c) Fashion sense
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the shop on the day that the novel opens?
2. What are the Jews around Haarlem required to wear?
3. Who introduces Corrie to the underground?
4. What does Willem warn Corrie about?
5. Where do Corrie and her father go to in Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Corrie go to Amsterdam as a youth? With whom does she go? What does she experience on these trips?
2. What does the family stay up late to listen to? What happens that night?
3. Who works in the shop? Describe how the shop operates.
4. Where does Corrie live? With whom does she live?
5. What medical problem does Aunt Jans have? What does Corrie learn to do for her? What happens in January in regards to Aunt Jans?
6. How do the Ten Booms react to the requests to take in Jews? How does this intersect with their faith in God?
7. What is life like for the Jews in Haarlem after occupation?
8. What is happening on the day that the novel opens? Describe the events.
9. What is Corrie's childhood like? With whom does she live?
10. What are the worker drafts? How do individuals try to avoid these?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)