|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Corrie bring up with her father on one of their trips?
2. What does Corrie worry about after seeing a dead body for the first time?
(a) Going to Hell
(b) Her family's safety
(c) Getting sick
(d) Her mortality
3. What does Corrie learn that Willem is doing?
(a) Spying for England
(b) Finding safe places for Jews to stay
(c) Fighting in the resistence
(d) Giving information to the Germans
4. To what do Betsie and Corrie awaken?
(b) Tornado sirens
(c) Dogs barking
5. Where does the novel open?
(a) Paris, France
(b) Berlin, Germany
(c) Brussels, Belgium
(d) Haarlem, Holland
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Corrie live?
2. Who introduces Corrie to the underground?
3. What new item does the doctor bring with him when Mrs. Ten Boom and Aunt Bep are sick?
4. Who expresses a desire to write to Corrie?
5. What does Corrie lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Ten Booms react to the requests to take in Jews? How does this intersect with their faith in God?
2. What is happening on the day that the novel opens? Describe the events.
3. What does the family stay up late to listen to? What happens that night?
4. Who is Mrs. DeBoer? What happens at her home?
5. What challenges do the underground face? How do the individuals involved try to overcome these issues?
6. Who helps Corrie in her quest to help the Jews in Holland? How do these people help her?
7. What does William say about Karel? What happens between Karel and Corrie?
8. What is Corrie's childhood like? With whom does she live?
9. What medical problem does Aunt Jans have? What does Corrie learn to do for her? What happens in January in regards to Aunt Jans?
10. What are the worker drafts? How do individuals try to avoid these?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)