|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Corrie fall in love with in Chapter 3?
2. Christoffels arrives wearing what?
(a) New clothing
(b) A Nazi uniform
(c) A top hat
(d) Old scrubs
3. What new item does the doctor bring with him when Mrs. Ten Boom and Aunt Bep are sick?
(a) A magnifying glass
(c) Latex gloves
(d) A blood pressure cuff
4. What does the builder think about the place that the Ten Booms had been hiding the valuables?
(a) Not accessible enough
(b) Good for things, but not for people
(c) Very secretive
(d) Too obvious
5. What does Leendart do in the Beje?
(a) Builds a tool shed with a secret room
(b) Cooks food for everyone
(c) Creates another room
(d) Installs a whole house alarm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Corrie after she sees the dead body?
2. What does Corrie dread in Chapter 2?
3. Who establishes the Ten Boom's habit of helping people in need?
4. The code for telephone conversations is about what?
5. The townspeople give what gift to Casper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to stay at the Beje? Why do these particular people end up with the Ten Booms?
2. How does Betsie's illness affect Corrie? What changes do the sisters make in their home and the watch shop?
3. What is happening on the day that the novel opens? Describe the events.
4. What does the family travel together to do? Who does Corrie see on this trip?
5. What are the worker drafts? How do individuals try to avoid these?
6. What gift do the townspeople give to Casper? How does the growing technology affect the watch shop?
7. What is life like for the Jews in Haarlem after occupation?
8. What does William say about Karel? What happens between Karel and Corrie?
9. What does Corrie learn about Willem? How does the family get involved in hiding Jews?
10. How does Corrie feel about going to school? What advice does she get from others in her family?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)