|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to help Corrie hide a mother and a young infant?
(a) A rural preacher
(c) The mayor
(d) Her sister, Nollie
2. Why does Casper fire Otto?
(a) For showing up late
(b) For mistreating Christoffels
(c) For stealing money from the shop
(d) For being rude to customers
3. What does the builder think about the place that the Ten Booms had been hiding the valuables?
(a) Not accessible enough
(b) Very secretive
(c) Too obvious
(d) Good for things, but not for people
4. Corrie becomes the first what in Holland?
(a) Licensed, female watchmaker
(b) Female mayor
(c) Army officer
(d) Prime Minister
5. What is Corrie's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willem warn Corrie about?
2. Why does Casper pity the Germans?
3. Who lives with Corrie and her parents?
4. How many ration cards does the man steal for Corrie?
5. Casper begins setting his clocks according to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is the first time that Corrie sees a dead body? How does it affect her?
2. Where does Willem go? How does this affect Corrie's life? What happens when she goes to visit him?
3. What happens to Mrs. Ten Boom? How does the family react?
4. What is Corrie's childhood like? With whom does she live?
5. What gift do the townspeople give to Casper? How does the growing technology affect the watch shop?
6. Who is Mrs. DeBoer? What happens at her home?
7. Who helps Corrie in her quest to help the Jews in Holland? How do these people help her?
8. What does Corrie learn about Willem? How does the family get involved in hiding Jews?
9. What is life like after occupation? What do the Ten Booms hide?
10. Who comes to stay at the Beje? Why do these particular people end up with the Ten Booms?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)