|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Corrie in prison before her hearing?
(a) Three months
(b) One year
(c) Ten days
(d) Two weeks
2. One night at the Beje, what does a strange man start to do?
(a) Steal watches
(b) Take out the trash
(c) Break into the hidden room
(d) Wash the windows
3. To which camp are the women brought?
4. Why does Corrie fail the physical exam for transfer to facilities with better provisions?
(a) More people die at the other facility
(b) She likes this camp and the guards
(c) She wants to stay with Betsie
(d) The work is harder at the other facility
5. What does Corrie realize that she must share with those around her now that she is no longer in solitary confinement?
(a) Her food
(b) Their grief
(c) Their clothes
(d) Her confusion
6. From what does Mary Itallia suffer?
7. What do the officials take from Corrie?
(a) Her grandmother's Bible
(b) Her bag of clothes
(c) Her mother's wedding ring
(d) Her necklace
8. What does Nollie tell Corrie in a letter?
(a) She is going home to Haarlem
(b) The Jews in the Beje were discovered
(c) Casper died after entering the prison
(d) Peter has been sent to prison again
9. What is Casper's will like?
(b) Causing rifts in the family
(c) Simple and to the point
(d) Long and difficult to get through
10. What does Corrie rejoice about in her new cell?
(a) She is closer to Betsie
(b) It has a window
(c) It is warmer
(d) She gets to be alone
11. Who tells Corrie how to get into the hospital to see Betsie?
12. What work is Betsie given when she returns from the hospital?
(a) Delivering messages between the guards
(b) Sewing prison clothing
(c) Unloading hand carts
(d) Knitting duty
13. Who does Otto work for by 1943?
(a) The German police
(b) The underground
(c) The Holland government
(d) A rival watch shop
14. Who gives the family advice at the facility where they are taken?
(b) Mr. Smit
15. What did the Germans find in the house?
(a) The radio
(b) The hiding place
(c) The hidden valuables
(d) The Jews hidden in the house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Corrie that one of her hideouts is about to be raided?
2. After two weeks in Vught, what do Corrie and Betsie receive?
3. What does Corrie share with Lieutenant Rehms?
4. Who summons Corrie, making her fear that she will be imprisoned?
5. What does Corrie create on her cell wall?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)