|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Lieutenant Rehms?
2. Corrie feels guilty because she thinks that she is what?
3. What work is Betsie given when she returns from the hospital?
(a) Knitting duty
(b) Unloading hand carts
(c) Sewing prison clothing
(d) Delivering messages between the guards
4. What nickname do Corrie and Betsie give the woman in charge of the Vught?
(a) Lady Vught
(c) The Cow
(d) The General
5. How long is Corrie in prison before her hearing?
(a) One year
(b) Two weeks
(c) Ten days
(d) Three months
6. What does Corrie's nurse give her?
(a) Candy, a nail clipper, and a notebook
(b) Soap, safety pins and small editions of the gospel books
(c) Shampoo, a towel, and a book of poetry
(d) A Bible, a deck of cards, and tissues
7. What do the women hold twice daily?
(a) Lice searches
(b) Bible meetings
(c) Meditation time
(d) Quilting circle
8. When the women arrive at the camp, what do they rush for?
(a) The latrines
(c) The gates
(d) Water spigots
9. What does Betsie tell Corrie about the German soldiers?
(a) They are old enough to know better
(b) She feels sorry for them
(c) She hates them for what they've done
(d) She thinks that they can be bribed
10. To which camp are the women brought?
11. What message does Betsie pass to Corrie?
(a) I love you
(b) God is good
(c) Papa is well
(d) I am alive
12. To whom does Casper leave the Beje?
(a) Willem and Kik
(b) Betsie and Corrie
(c) Willem and Betsie
(d) Corrie and Nollie
13. How long are the women on the train out of Vught?
(a) One week
(b) Three hours
(c) Two days
(d) Twelve hours
14. How many other women are in Corrie's cell?
15. Who gives the family advice at the facility where they are taken?
(a) Mr. Smit
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betsie and Corrie are placed in the new compound, what do they receive?
2. After the man appears, what does Corrie institute in the house?
3. Who is the woman in charge of the knitting brigade?
4. How many women sleep in a bunk?
5. Who does Otto work for by 1943?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)