|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Lieutenant Rehms?
2. What message does Betsie pass to Corrie?
(a) God is good
(b) Papa is well
(c) I love you
(d) I am alive
3. Why can't Corrie take the bag that she had packed in case of a raid?
(a) The Germans won't let her take anything
(b) She is in the watch shop when the raid occurs
(c) It is in front of the hiding place door
(d) She thinks that those remaining will need it
4. What is Corrie diagnosed with at the hospital?
5. Why is Corrie placed in solitary confinement?
(a) Her illness
(b) She back talks to a guard
(c) She tries to help another prisoner
(d) Her Bible is found
6. Those at the Beje celebrate Christmas and what other holiday?
(d) New Year's Eve
7. One night at the Beje, what does a strange man start to do?
(a) Steal watches
(b) Take out the trash
(c) Break into the hidden room
(d) Wash the windows
8. Who is the woman in charge of the knitting brigade?
(a) The Tiger
(b) The Ape
(c) The Cow
(d) The Snake
9. What do the guards reprimand Corrie for in solitary confinement?
(a) Reading the Gospel books
(b) Asking about her sister
10. From what does Mary Itallia suffer?
11. What happens daily on the men's side?
(a) School classes
(c) Labor strikes
(d) Visits from the Germans
12. Why does Lieutenant Rehms want to know more about Corrie's faith?
(a) He wants to make fun of Corrie's religion
(b) He wants to trick Corrie into trusting him
(c) He wants to share what Corrie has told him with his mother
(d) He hopes to escape the darkness that surrounds his life
13. What did the Germans find in the house?
(a) The radio
(b) The hidden valuables
(c) The Jews hidden in the house
(d) The hiding place
14. What does Nollie tell Corrie about honesty?
(a) Corrie should lie about being related to Nollie
(b) Corrie should lie to protect the Jews who need her
(c) God will honor her honesty
(d) Honesty is the best policy
15. How does Corrie explain the tea in the house to Otto?
(a) She says that they bought it on the black market
(b) She says she found it
(c) She insinuates an affair with a German soldier
(d) She admits to housing Jews
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is arrested for having a Jewish maid?
2. What do the women find the straw beds full of?
3. Who warns Corrie that one of her hideouts is about to be raided?
4. What does Corrie learn is the typical sentence for her crime?
5. To which camp are the women brought?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)