|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Corrie's father argue about with the Jewish businessmen?
2. What does Corrie find in her bed one night when she comes back to bed after having tea?
(a) A gun
(c) A Jewish girl
(d) Glass from the window
3. What does Corrie lie to the authorities about in Chapter 5?
(a) Where Willem is
(b) The income of the watch shop
(c) A large radio they hid
(d) How many people are in the house
4. What are confiscated from the people in Holland?
5. Who goes with Corrie to visit Willem at college?
6. Why does Casper pity the Germans?
(a) For their faith
(b) For their hateful ways
(c) Because they are poor
(d) For their arrogance
7. What does the family travel for, even though Mrs. Ten Boom is sick?
(a) The dedication of the cathedral
(b) Willem's first sermon
(c) Peter's funeral
(d) Betsie's wedding
8. Why does Jop move to the Beje?
(a) His sister is arrested for helping the underground.
(b) He is Jewish and has to hide from the German raids.
(c) It is too dangerous for him to travel back and forth to work. with the worker drafts
(d) He doesn't have a yellow star to wear.
9. Who advises Corrie about her broken heart?
(a) Her father
(c) Aunt Jans
10. What does Willem warn Corrie about?
(a) The growing Nazi threat and how to help the Jews in town
(b) Her desire to move to America and the effect it could have on the family
(c) Karl and his parents' wishes for a higher-class marriage for him
(d) Mrs. Ten Boom's health
11. What becomes a crime?
(a) Gathering with more than three people
(b) Reciting the Bible
(c) Singing the Dutch national anthem
(d) Owning an automobile
12. What does Corrie want to wear for her first day of school?
(a) A new style of hat
(b) Tennis shoes
(c) A new dress
(d) A blue sweater
13. Who expresses a desire to write to Corrie?
14. In Chapter 5, the family stays up to listen to who on the radio?
(a) The Queen of England
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) The Prime Minister of Holland
(d) Adolf Hitler
15. What task does Corrie take over at the shop?
(b) Watch repair
(c) Customer service
(d) Cleaning the shop
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name do the men in the underground go?
2. What is breakfast followed by in the Ten Boom household?
3. What topic does Corrie bring up with her father on one of their trips?
4. After occupation, what must everyone use?
5. How many foster children does Casper take in?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)