|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Corrie to the underground?
2. By what name do the men in the underground go?
(a) Mr. Jens
(b) Mr. Smit
(c) Mr. Holland
(d) Mr. Vander Meer
3. Who insists on telling the truth, no matter what?
4. What is Corrie's father's name?
5. Casper begins setting his clocks according to what?
(a) The International Date Line
(b) A sun dial
(c) A lunar clock
(d) Big Ben
6. Corrie's family runs what kind of shop?
(a) A butcher shop
(b) A radio repair shop
(c) A bakery
(d) A watch shop
7. How many foster children does Casper take in?
8. What topic does Corrie bring up with her father on one of their trips?
9. Who does Corrie's brother bring with him to the shop?
(a) A police officer
(b) His girlfriend
(c) A Nazi
(d) A Jewish friend
10. When does Chapter 4 begin?
11. Who owns the watch shop across the street?
(a) Mr. Kans
(b) Mr. Bosch
(c) Mr. Vander Meer
(d) Mr. Van Dyk
12. The builder of the room tells Corrie to do what?
(a) Hold regular drills for hiding
(b) Cover up the door with a rug
(c) Avoid the house in the Germans are near
(d) Keep only person there at a time
13. Where does the novel open?
(a) Brussels, Belgium
(b) Haarlem, Holland
(c) Paris, France
(d) Berlin, Germany
14. Who expresses a desire to write to Corrie?
15. What does Corrie not possess that others like Nollie do?
(a) An ability to lie to others
(b) Confidence in herself
(c) A party dress for dances
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Corrie live?
2. Who dies four weeks after Nollie's wedding?
3. Christoffels arrives wearing what?
4. What does Corrie find in her bed one night when she comes back to bed after having tea?
5. To what do Betsie and Corrie awaken?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)