|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Jews around Haarlem required to wear?
(c) Prison uniforms
(d) Stars on their clothing
2. Who runs much of the underground in Holland?
3. What does the cathedral in Haarlem boast?
(a) An organ that Mozart played
(b) A saint's relics
(c) A hidden crypt
(d) A stained glass window depicting John the Baptist
4. Who introduces Corrie to the underground?
5. Who dies four weeks after Nollie's wedding?
(b) Mr. Ten Boom
(d) Mrs. Ten Boom
6. Who establishes the Ten Boom's habit of helping people in need?
(a) Mrs. Ten Boom
(b) Corrie's Aunt Jans
(c) Mr. Ten Boom
7. Who owns the watch shop across the street?
(a) Mr. Kans
(b) Mr. Van Dyk
(c) Mr. Vander Meer
(d) Mr. Bosch
8. What topic does Corrie bring up with her father on one of their trips?
9. Who refuses to help Corrie hide a mother and a young infant?
(a) A rural preacher
(b) Her sister, Nollie
(d) The mayor
10. What does Corrie not possess that others like Nollie do?
(b) Confidence in herself
(c) A party dress for dances
(d) An ability to lie to others
11. What is Corrie's father's name?
12. Who hides two Jews for Willem?
(b) Mrs. Ten Boom
13. Why does Jop move to the Beje?
(a) He is Jewish and has to hide from the German raids.
(b) It is too dangerous for him to travel back and forth to work. with the worker drafts
(c) His sister is arrested for helping the underground.
(d) He doesn't have a yellow star to wear.
14. Why does Casper pity the Germans?
(a) For their hateful ways
(b) For their faith
(c) Because they are poor
(d) For their arrogance
15. What is the hiding place made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the Jews leave with Corrie and her family?
2. What is the razzia?
3. What are confiscated from the people in Holland?
4. Who does Corrie's brother bring with him to the shop?
5. The townspeople give what gift to Casper?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)