• Corrie Ten Boom and her family are celebrating the centennial anniversary of their watch shop.
• Corrie is 45, unmarried, and lives with her father and sister.
• Townspeople arrive through the day, bringing flowers and other gifts, to celebrate with the family.
• Willem brings a Jewish friend who has been attacked in the streets.
• Corrie remembers when her Aunt Jans lived with the family and how she didn't want to go to school on the first day.
• Corrie also remembers traveling to Amsterdam with her father to check the time at the Naval Observatory.
• Corrie first sees a dead body when she goes to visit a young mother who has lost her baby. This makes her fear for those around her.
• Corrie's father gives her advice and comfort about things like death.
• Corrie falls in love with Willem's friend Karel.
• Aunt Jans has diabetes and in January...
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)