|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aerin strike the fatal blow that kills Maur?
2. What color is the grass in a pocket valley in the hills that Aerin and Talat come to as they journey to the blond man?
3. How many nights after leaving Luthe does Aerin call to whatever seems to be following her?
4. Aerin dreams that a man calls her and offers help. What color are the man's eyes?
5. How does Aerin decide to get Maur's head out of the City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aerin finally mount Talat at the end of Chapter 13?
2. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
3. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
4. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
5. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
6. What is Meeldtar?
7. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
8. Why were many children injured during the battle with the Northerners?
9. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
10. Describe what it is like for Aerin to drink from the silver lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what killing small dragons was like for Aerin to what it was like to kill Maur.
Essay Topic 2
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
Essay Topic 3
Luthe heals Aerin. Discuss how Aerin is healed by Luthe and the price she pays for the healing.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)