|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the Hero's Crown blaze when Aerin throws it to Tor?
2. In Chapter 12, what is the name of the messenger's horse?
3. What is the best treatment for Aerin after she kills Maur?
4. What have carrion beasts taken from Maur's dead body?
5. What did some of Luthe's classmates become whey they discovered a mage's life is a grim and thankless one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
2. What does Aerin discover has been following her?
3. What does Aerin see after falling from the tower?
4. Who is Agsded?
5. What news does a messenger bring as Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men ready to leave in Chapter 12?
6. How does Aerin finally mount Talat at the end of Chapter 13?
7. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
8. Why were many children injured during the battle with the Northerners?
9. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
10. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aerin and Talat use teamwork to kill the dragons. Discuss how Aerin and Talat work together as a team.
Essay Topic 2
After the battle, Aerin realizes what the dream was that had led her on to fight Agsded. Discuss the purposes that did and did not inspire Aerin to fight Agsded.
Essay Topic 3
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)