|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the Black Dragon?
2. How long does it take Aerin and the messenger to see the cloud from the Black Dragon?
3. How long does Luthe say that he will love Aerin?
4. How do the royal barn cats compare in size to the folstza?
5. When does Aerin plan to leave Luthe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what it is like for Aerin to drink from the silver lake.
2. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
3. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
4. What charge does Aerin give her creatures as she turns to ride to join the battle the Damarians are fighting?
5. What does Aerin see after falling from the tower?
6. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
7. Who is Agsded?
8. What is Aerin told in a dream in Chapter 13?
9. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
10. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
Essay Topic 2
When Arlbeth learns that Aerin has killed dragons, he has a talk with her alone. Discuss how Arlbeth responds when he learns that Aerin has killed dragons and how he feels about her exploits.
Essay Topic 3
Aerin's success with the ointment gives her a radiant glow that Tor comments upon. Discuss how Aerin's success creating kenet affects her.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)