|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the surka turn into when Luthe throws a surka wreath over Aerin's head?
2. How many nights after leaving Luthe does Aerin plunge her sword into the earth?
3. Once Aerin is able to mount Talat, how many days does it take to come to the crossroads where they had parted with their guide to face the dragon?
4. What color is the hair of the man who offers to help Aerin in a dream?
5. Who leads the procession when Aerin is escorted back into the City after killing Maur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aerin prepare prepare Talat when she gets ready to leave Luthe?
2. Who is Agsded?
3. Describe what it is like for Aerin to drink from the silver lake.
4. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
5. Why were many children injured during the battle with the Northerners?
6. How does Aerin finally mount Talat at the end of Chapter 13?
7. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
8. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
9. What is Meeldtar?
10. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the battle, Aerin realizes what the dream was that had led her on to fight Agsded. Discuss the purposes that did and did not inspire Aerin to fight Agsded.
Essay Topic 2
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
Essay Topic 3
Arlbeth decides to deal with Nyrlol before dealing with the Black Dragon. Discuss the difficulties that Nyrlol is causing and why Arlbeth believes those problems must be dealt with before dealing with the dragon.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)