|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does Aerin travel with a messenger to reach the Black Dragon?
2. What color eyes does the folstza have that approaches Aerin and rubs up against her?
3. What does the surka turn into when Luthe throws a surka wreath over Aerin's head?
4. What is the best treatment for Aerin after she kills Maur?
5. What is the name of Arlbeth's war-stallion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does a messenger bring as Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men ready to leave in Chapter 12?
2. How does Aerin finally mount Talat at the end of Chapter 13?
3. How does Aerin find her saddlebags?
4. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
5. What does Aerin see after falling from the tower?
6. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
7. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
8. What is Meeldtar?
9. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
10. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A rumor surfaces that Tor is in love with the king's daughter and that the witch's daughter will entrap the next king of Damar as had her mother. Discuss the opinions that the people of Damar had about Aerin and how those opinions changed.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin and Talat use teamwork to kill the dragons. Discuss how Aerin and Talat work together as a team.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what killing small dragons was like for Aerin to what it was like to kill Maur.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)