|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color blood do the Northerners have?
2. What images are embroidered on the canopy over Aerin's bed?
3. What does Aerin break when she and Talat fall as they face Maur?
4. What does Aerin smell after thrusting her sword into the earth and throwing pebbles and dirt before her?
5. How many nights after leaving Luthe does Aerin plunge her sword into the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what it is like for Aerin to drink from the silver lake.
2. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
3. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
4. What does Aerin see after falling from the tower?
5. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
6. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
7. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
8. How does Aerin find her saddlebags?
9. What happens when Aerin throws the surka wreath at Agsded?
10. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arlbeth and Tor have to deal with the western barons. Discuss why the western barons are causing trouble.
Essay Topic 2
After the battle, Aerin realizes what the dream was that had led her on to fight Agsded. Discuss the purposes that did and did not inspire Aerin to fight Agsded.
Essay Topic 3
Aerin read a book about the history of Damar that included information about dragons and dragon fighting. Discuss dragons in Damar and dragon fighting methods.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)