|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gait does Aerin make Talat take as she rides away from Luthe?
2. After Aerin and Talat leave the forest plain and come to the foothills, how tall does the grass grow?
3. When do Aerin and the messenger go to face Maur?
4. In what color cloth is the scabbard of Aerin's sword wrapped?
5. What color riding beast rears up between Aerin and Tor on the battlefield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were many children injured during the battle with the Northerners?
2. What does Aerin discover has been following her?
3. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
4. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
5. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
6. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
7. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
8. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
9. How does Aerin find her saddlebags?
10. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aerin and Talat use teamwork to kill the dragons. Discuss how Aerin and Talat work together as a team.
Essay Topic 2
Arlbeth and Tor have to deal with the western barons. Discuss why the western barons are causing trouble.
Essay Topic 3
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)