|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first being to find Aerin after she kills Agsded and falls from the tower?
2. How much time will Aerin have to learn the apprentice bits of magery?
3. What does Aerin smell when she comes to a turn in the path after reaching Damar?
4. How does Luthe travel when he and Aerin walk toward his mountain?
5. How do the royal barn cats compare in size to the folstza?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
2. What happens when Aerin throws the surka wreath at Agsded?
3. What is Aerin told in a dream in Chapter 13?
4. How does Aerin find her saddlebags?
5. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
6. Who is Agsded?
7. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
8. What charge does Aerin give her creatures as she turns to ride to join the battle the Damarians are fighting?
9. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
10. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Arlbeth learns that Aerin has killed dragons, he has a talk with her alone. Discuss how Arlbeth responds when he learns that Aerin has killed dragons and how he feels about her exploits.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin devises a new method of riding. Discuss the equipment for riding that Aerin devises and why she devises that type of equipment.
Essay Topic 3
Arlbeth and Tor have to deal with the western barons. Discuss why the western barons are causing trouble.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)