|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a punishment for carrying her sword without Arlbeth's permission, how long must Aerin remain imprisoned in the City?
2. How large is the Black Dragon?
3. How many places does Tor have to touch the treasury door to get it to open?
4. How many days after Aerin requests to go with her father and his men to the west, does Tor send her a note?
5. What season is it when Luthe and Aerin travel together toward his mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aerin discover has been following her?
2. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
3. Why were many children injured during the battle with the Northerners?
4. What do Aerin and her army discover as they enter Damar?
5. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
6. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
7. Who is Agsded?
8. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
9. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
10. Describe what it is like for Aerin to drink from the silver lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A rumor surfaces that Tor is in love with the king's daughter and that the witch's daughter will entrap the next king of Damar as had her mother. Discuss the opinions that the people of Damar had about Aerin and how those opinions changed.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin hopes that she will never be careless of Tor's feelings. Discuss the relationship between Aerin and Tor.
Essay Topic 3
Aerin and Talat use teamwork to kill the dragons. Discuss how Aerin and Talat work together as a team.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)