|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gonturan blaze when Aerin raises it toward the black tower?
2. What color does Aerin wear to the banquet held in her honor for slaying Maur?
3. What color is the folstza that sits and stares up at Aerin?
4. What color is the jewel-like thing that Aerin digs from under Maur's body?
5. Once Aerin is able to mount Talat, how many days does it take to come to the crossroads where they had parted with their guide to face the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meeldtar?
2. What happens when Aerin throws the surka wreath at Agsded?
3. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
4. What news does a messenger bring as Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men ready to leave in Chapter 12?
5. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
6. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
7. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
8. Who is Agsded?
9. How does Aerin finally mount Talat at the end of Chapter 13?
10. What is Aerin told in a dream in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arlbeth decides to deal with Nyrlol before dealing with the Black Dragon. Discuss the difficulties that Nyrlol is causing and why Arlbeth believes those problems must be dealt with before dealing with the dragon.
Essay Topic 2
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
Essay Topic 3
A rumor surfaces that Tor is in love with the king's daughter and that the witch's daughter will entrap the next king of Damar as had her mother. Discuss the opinions that the people of Damar had about Aerin and how those opinions changed.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)