|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cloak does a man wear when Aerin has a vision after drinking from the silver lake?
2. How long does Luthe say that he will love Aerin?
3. How long does the messenger in Chapter 12 believe it will take before Damar will be black with the dragon's breath?
4. In what type of formation do the king's army stand in the courtyard of the castle to greet Aerin?
5. Who leads the procession when Aerin is escorted back into the City after killing Maur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What charge does Aerin give her creatures as she turns to ride to join the battle the Damarians are fighting?
2. What does Aerin feel as she stares at Maur's dead body?
3. What was Nyrlol like when Arlbeth and his men went to see him?
4. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
5. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
6. What do Aerin and her army discover as they enter Damar?
7. Who is Agsded?
8. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
9. What does Aerin discover has been following her?
10. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Aerin arrives at the battle near the City, she and her friends turn the tide. Discuss how Aerin and her army turn the tide of the battle with the Northerners.
Essay Topic 2
A rumor surfaces that Tor is in love with the king's daughter and that the witch's daughter will entrap the next king of Damar as had her mother. Discuss the opinions that the people of Damar had about Aerin and how those opinions changed.
Essay Topic 3
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)