|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dared Aerin to eat surka?
2. Who told the king that Aerin was riding Talat?
3. How many horsemen ride into the village after Aerin kills her first two dragons?
4. Where was Talat injured during a battle with Northerners?
5. What creatures are on the golden circlet that Aerin wears in her hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Talat react to the fire ointment?
2. How does Aerin demonstrate the efficacy of kenet to her father?
3. How does the dragonfire feel when the dragon flames Aerin?
4. Why does Aerin begin making careful notes of each sample of kenet that she makes?
5. What is one of Aerin's earliest memories?
6. Why does Arlbeth not know what to do about Tor's affection for Aerin?
7. What happened to the three servant girls who were let go because Galanna said they were stealing?
8. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
9. Where and how does redroot grow?
10. How does Aerin recognize Perlith from her window several stories above the courtyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
Essay Topic 2
Arlbeth and Tor have to deal with the western barons. Discuss why the western barons are causing trouble.
Essay Topic 3
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)