|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Aerin's eyes?
2. Who is the goddess of honor and flame?
3. How old was Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
4. Where was Talat injured during a battle with Northerners?
5. What did Tor used to do with Aerin when she was very little?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Aerin has heard about her mother?
2. What does Arlbeth say when Aerin asks if she can ride Talat out of the City?
3. How does Aerin recognize Perlith from her window several stories above the courtyard?
4. What things did Tor teach Aerin when she was young?
5. Describe Galanna on her wedding day.
6. How does the dragonfire feel when the dragon flames Aerin?
7. What happened to Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
8. Describe the place settings for the supper Tor had with Aerin in Chapter 5.
9. What is one of Aerin's earliest memories?
10. Why didn't Talat sire foals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 1-2, Aerin is sulking. Discuss why Aerin is sulking and what helps her quit feeling sorry for herself.
Essay Topic 2
Talat was injured in a battle. Discuss Talat, his injuries, and why he was retired.
Essay Topic 3
When Aerin arrives at the battle near the City, she and her friends turn the tide. Discuss how Aerin and her army turn the tide of the battle with the Northerners.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)