|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color divisional sash do members of the supply corps wear?
2. What does Aerin think about to calm her mind when she realizes that the dragon ointment works?
3. How many Damarian men were injured when there was a battle against the Northerners, after the Northerners set fire to a Damarian village?
4. Who is the goddess of honor and flame?
5. What does Perlith use his Gift to give Aerin after dancing with her in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perlith do after he dances with Aerin?
2. What is the story that Aerin has heard about her mother?
3. Why doesn't Aerin believe that Galanna told Aerin the story about Aerin's mother?
4. What happened to the three servant girls who were let go because Galanna said they were stealing?
5. What does Arlbeth say when Aerin asks if she can ride Talat out of the City?
6. Where and how does redroot grow?
7. How does Perlith mock Aerin when she asks to go west with her father and his men?
8. How does Talat respond when Aerin brings his saddle and bridle to the pasture?
9. Why does Arlbeth not know what to do about Tor's affection for Aerin?
10. Describe Galanna on her wedding day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 1-2, Aerin is sulking. Discuss why Aerin is sulking and what helps her quit feeling sorry for herself.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin and Galanna frequently have confrontations. Discuss why Aerin and Galanna dislike one another and how their dislike leads to confrontations.
Essay Topic 3
Aerin devises a new method of riding. Discuss the equipment for riding that Aerin devises and why she devises that type of equipment.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)