|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the plates made from that Aerin eats off of?
2. What type of flowers does Aerin carry at Galanna's wedding?
3. Who dared Aerin to eat surka?
4. How many servant girls were let go when Galanna noticed that the finer royal plates were disappearing?
5. How old was Galanna when Aerin was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
2. In Aerin's time, what type of dragons are in Damar?
3. How does Aerin recognize Perlith from her window several stories above the courtyard?
4. What is the story that Aerin has heard about her mother?
5. Why didn't Talat sire foals?
6. Why does Arlbeth not know what to do about Tor's affection for Aerin?
7. Why does Tor give Aerin a birthday present in private?
8. How does Aerin demonstrate the efficacy of kenet to her father?
9. What does the dragon smell like?
10. What does Aerin find in the back of the Damarian history book she finds in the royal library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aerin read a book about the history of Damar that included information about dragons and dragon fighting. Discuss dragons in Damar and dragon fighting methods.
Essay Topic 2
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
Essay Topic 3
A rumor surfaces that Tor is in love with the king's daughter and that the witch's daughter will entrap the next king of Damar as had her mother. Discuss the opinions that the people of Damar had about Aerin and how those opinions changed.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)