|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Damarian men were killed in a skirmish with Northerners, after the Northerners set fire to a Damarian village?
2. After slaying the two dragons, how long is it before Aerin dares to face her father at breakfast?
3. How old was Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
4. What is another name for redroot?
5. What was the name of Aerin's pony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Arlbeth go to a Border battle when Aerin was twelve?
2. Why didn't Talat sire foals?
3. What does Arlbeth do after he presents Aerin with her sword?
4. Describe the place settings for the supper Tor had with Aerin in Chapter 5.
5. Describe Galanna on her wedding day.
6. What does Aerin find in the back of the Damarian history book she finds in the royal library?
7. Where and how does redroot grow?
8. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
9. What is the story that Aerin has heard about her mother?
10. What things did Tor teach Aerin when she was young?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Aerin arrives at the battle near the City, she and her friends turn the tide. Discuss how Aerin and her army turn the tide of the battle with the Northerners.
Essay Topic 2
Luthe give Aerin Gonturan. Discuss Gonturan and why Luthe gave it to Aerin.
Essay Topic 3
Arlbeth decides to deal with Nyrlol before dealing with the Black Dragon. Discuss the difficulties that Nyrlol is causing and why Arlbeth believes those problems must be dealt with before dealing with the dragon.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)