|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how far is the village that is being bothered by a dragon from the City?
2. What does Aerin have to drink when Teka brings her food in Chapter 2?
3. What color flowers does Galanna wear in her hair for her wedding?
4. In Chapter 10, who does a petitioner say was badly burned by a dragon?
5. Who embroidered the red-and-blue cushion on the chair by Aerin's bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aerin find in the back of the Damarian history book she finds in the royal library?
2. What is one of Aerin's earliest memories?
3. Why does Aerin begin making careful notes of each sample of kenet that she makes?
4. How does Aerin demonstrate the efficacy of kenet to her father?
5. What happened to Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
6. Why does Tor give Aerin a birthday present in private?
7. Why did Arlbeth go to a Border battle when Aerin was twelve?
8. What trappings did Talat wear when he was the king's horse?
9. Where and how does redroot grow?
10. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aerin and Talat use teamwork to kill the dragons. Discuss how Aerin and Talat work together as a team.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin devises a new method of riding. Discuss the equipment for riding that Aerin devises and why she devises that type of equipment.
Essay Topic 3
Luthe describes kelar, which is what Damarians call the Gift. Discuss kelar: what it is, and how it has affected Aerin and her family.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)