|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the vulnerable spots on a large dragon?
2. How many times does Aerin attempt to make kenet before she begins to keep careful notes?
3. At the end of Chapter 11, how many dragon kits does Aerin have to kill?
4. How long does it take Aerin and Talat to kill the two dragons in Chapter 10?
5. What does Aerin think about to calm her mind when she realizes that the dragon ointment works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perlith do after he dances with Aerin?
2. What does Aerin find in the back of the Damarian history book she finds in the royal library?
3. What happened to Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
4. What is one of Aerin's earliest memories?
5. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
6. What does the dragon smell like?
7. Why did Arlbeth go to a Border battle when Aerin was twelve?
8. How does Perlith mock Aerin when she asks to go west with her father and his men?
9. How does Talat respond when Aerin brings his saddle and bridle to the pasture?
10. How does the dragonfire feel when the dragon flames Aerin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arlbeth and Tor have to deal with the western barons. Discuss why the western barons are causing trouble.
Essay Topic 2
Aerin's success with the ointment gives her a radiant glow that Tor comments upon. Discuss how Aerin's success creating kenet affects her.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Aerin tests the kenet on herself and on Talat.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)