|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aerin break when she and Talat fall as they face Maur?
(c) Thigh bone.
2. How long does it take Aerin and the messenger to see the cloud from the Black Dragon?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. What have carrion beasts taken from Maur's dead body?
(a) Part of the head.
(c) Part of the chest.
4. After Aerin and Talat leave the forest plain and come to the foothills, how tall does the grass grow?
(a) About 3 ft. high.
(b) About 1 ft. high.
(c) As high as Talat's stomach.
(d) As high as Talat's knees.
5. What color does Aerin wear to the banquet held in her honor for slaying Maur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Aerin goes to find the blond man from her dream?
2. As a punishment for carrying her sword without Arlbeth's permission, how long must Aerin remain imprisoned in the City?
3. What does the surka turn into when Aerin touches it?
4. In Chapter 12, what is the name of the messenger's horse?
5. How much larger are yerigs than the king's hounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
2. What charge does Aerin give her creatures as she turns to ride to join the battle the Damarians are fighting?
3. What does Luthe tell Aerin about the Gift?
4. What does Aerin discover has been following her?
5. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
6. What is Meeldtar?
7. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
8. What does Aerin do with the red stone from Maur when she gets to the top of the tower?
9. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
10. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)