|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sovereigns had there been in Damar before Arlbeth?
2. What type of flowers does Aerin carry at Galanna's wedding?
(a) Red roses.
(b) Pink primroses.
(c) White asaltroemeria.
(d) Yellow and white ringling flowers.
3. What color were the royal plates that Aerin used to eat from?
(b) Red and gold.
(c) Blue and silver.
4. In Chapter 10, who does a petitioner say was badly burned by a dragon?
(b) A woman.
(c) The village headman.
(d) His wife.
5. What does Aerin think about to calm her mind when she realizes that the dragon ointment works?
(b) Green stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the vulnerable spots on a large dragon?
2. In Chapter 1, where does Aerin look when it is too bright to look at the courtyard from her window?
3. In Chapter 10, how many volunteers will Arlbeth ask to go and deal with the dragon harassing a village?
4. What color was Talat when he was the king's horse?
5. How many rings does Aerin wear to Galanna's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how does redroot grow?
2. What injury did Talat sustain in a battle with Northerners?
3. How does Perlith mock Aerin when she asks to go west with her father and his men?
4. Why are Aerin's hands scarred and callused?
5. How does Aerin recognize Perlith from her window several stories above the courtyard?
6. What does Arlbeth do after he presents Aerin with her sword?
7. What happened to Aerin when she ate surka leaves?
8. What does Aerin find in the back of the Damarian history book she finds in the royal library?
9. What does Arlbeth say when Aerin asks if she can ride Talat out of the City?
10. Why did Arlbeth go to a Border battle when Aerin was twelve?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)