|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Aerin kills her first two dragons?
2. How many times has Aerin's father been widowed?
3. Who embroidered the red-and-blue cushion on the chair by Aerin's bed?
(c) Aerin's mother.
4. What is Perlith's rank?
(a) 4th Sola.
(b) 3rd Sola.
(c) 2nd Sola.
(d) 1st Sola.
5. How many years does it take Aerin to make the dragon ointment?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color divisional sash do members of the supply corps wear?
2. What king kept himself on the battlefield for a fortnight, never resting because he chewed surka leaves?
3. When Aerin sees Perlith from a window, how many hafor dressed in fine livery trail behind him?
4. What was Arlbeth's brother's name?
5. Who tells Aerin the cues that war horses know for their leaps and plunges?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Talat react to the fire ointment?
2. Why does Aerin decide to see Tor, Arlbeth, and the king's men off when they go to fight in Chapter 12?
3. What is the red stone that Aerin found near Maur?
4. What does the dragon smell like?
5. Why didn't the Northerners have any scouts looking back over the mountains?
6. How does Aerin recognize Perlith from her window several stories above the courtyard?
7. What happens when Aerin throws the surka wreath at Agsded?
8. Who comes to meet Aerin as she and Talat struggle to get back to the City?
9. Describe the sword Luthe gives Aerin.
10. Who were some of the dead from the battle with the Northerners?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)