|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Luthe traveling when he found Gonturan?
2. In what color cloth is the scabbard of Aerin's sword wrapped?
3. What do Aerin and Tor eat when they take a break from moving Maur's head?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(c) Malak and cheese.
4. What color riding beast rears up between Aerin and Tor on the battlefield?
5. What is the name of Tor's horse?
6. Aerin dreams that a man calls her and offers help. What color are the man's eyes?
7. What injuries does the yerig leader have?
(a) One eye and a torn ear.
(b) A torn ear and scarred knee.
(c) A scar on the right flank.
(d) A scar on the left flank.
8. What color is the folstza that sits and stares up at Aerin?
9. What color does the Hero's Crown blaze when Aerin throws it to Tor?
10. What season is it when Aerin goes to find the blond man from her dream?
11. How much larger are yerigs than the king's hounds?
(a) Three times larger.
(b) About one fourth larger.
(c) Half again as big.
(d) Twice the size.
12. Who was the person that Aerin read about who was carried bleeding into the City and all folk saluted him and then grieved when he died?
13. Which of Aerin's army kills the first Northerner?
(a) Tall black cat.
(b) Cat Queen.
(c) Dog Queen.
(d) Yellow dog.
14. What have carrion beasts taken from Maur's dead body?
(b) Part of the head.
(c) Part of the chest.
15. What does the surka turn into when Luthe throws a surka wreath over Aerin's head?
(a) Silver cloak.
(b) White cloak.
(c) Gold crown.
(d) Silver crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aerin break when she and Talat fall as they face Maur?
2. How does Aerin decide to get Maur's head out of the City?
3. As a punishment for carrying her sword without Arlbeth's permission, how long must Aerin remain imprisoned in the City?
4. When do Aerin and the messenger go to face Maur?
5. Where does Aerin keep Maur's stone?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)