|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arlbeth kiss Aerin before leaving?
2. In what color cloth is the scabbard of Aerin's sword wrapped?
3. Who is the first to realize that the blue surge is Aerin?
4. What color blood do the Northerners have?
(b) Green and yellow.
(d) Brown and purple.
5. What does Aerin smell when she comes to a turn in the path after reaching Damar?
(d) Food cooking.
6. How does Luthe travel when he and Aerin walk toward his mountain?
7. How much larger are yerigs than the king's hounds?
(a) Half again as big.
(b) Three times larger.
(c) Twice the size.
(d) About one fourth larger.
8. After Luthe and Aerin fix Gonturan, how many nights do they sleep more heavily than usual?
9. What does Aerin break when she and Talat fall as they face Maur?
(d) Thigh bone.
10. What images are embroidered on the canopy over Aerin's bed?
(a) Hunting dogs.
11. What did some of Luthe's classmates become whey they discovered a mage's life is a grim and thankless one?
(b) Hog farmers.
(c) Sheep farmers.
12. What is the best treatment for Aerin after she kills Maur?
(a) Heat packs.
(c) Cold water.
13. What does Aerin smell after thrusting her sword into the earth and throwing pebbles and dirt before her?
14. In what direction does Aerin travel with a messenger to reach the Black Dragon?
(a) Almost due north.
(d) Almost due east.
15. After Aerin and Talat leave the forest plain and come to the foothills, how tall does the grass grow?
(a) About 1 ft. high.
(b) As high as Talat's knees.
(c) As high as Talat's stomach.
(d) About 3 ft. high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tor's horse?
2. What is the first being to find Aerin after she kills Agsded and falls from the tower?
3. What have carrion beasts taken from Maur's dead body?
4. What season is it when Aerin goes to find the blond man from her dream?
5. What does Luthe serve Aerin to eat when she sees him after killing her uncle?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)