|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luthe?
(a) A mage.
(b) A warlock.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A magician.
2. How long does Tor say that the City was besieged by the Northerners?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) 2 months.
3. How many days after Aerin requests to go with her father and his men to the west, does Tor send her a note?
4. What did some of Luthe's classmates become whey they discovered a mage's life is a grim and thankless one?
(a) Sheep farmers.
(b) Hog farmers.
5. What does Aerin smell when she comes to a turn in the path after reaching Damar?
(d) Food cooking.
6. How much larger are yerigs than the king's hounds?
(a) Half again as big.
(b) Twice the size.
(c) Three times larger.
(d) About one fourth larger.
7. How much time will Aerin have to learn the apprentice bits of magery?
(a) Half a year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) About a year.
(d) 4 months.
8. What color gem is on the hilt of the sword that Luthe gives Aerin?
9. How long does Tor say that they had been battling the Northerners off and on?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A year.
10. What is the name of Tor's horse?
11. What season is it when Luthe and Aerin travel together toward his mountain?
(a) Late summer.
(b) Early winter.
(c) Late spring.
(d) Early fall.
12. How many nights after leaving Luthe does Aerin plunge her sword into the earth?
13. How does Luthe travel when he and Aerin walk toward his mountain?
14. As a punishment for carrying her sword without Arlbeth's permission, how long must Aerin remain imprisoned in the City?
(a) A year.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) Two seasons.
(d) One season.
15. How does Gonturan blaze when Aerin raises it toward the black tower?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aerin decide to get Maur's head out of the City?
2. What is the name of Arlbeth's war-stallion?
3. What gait does Aerin make Talat take as she rides away from Luthe?
4. What does Aerin break when she and Talat fall as they face Maur?
5. How large is the Black Dragon?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)