* Aerin's mother was thought to have been a witch.
* Aerin is constantly bothered by her cousin, Galanna, who says that Aerin doesn't belong in the King's house, even though the King is Aerin's father.
* Because of the rumors about her mother, Aerin has always tried to prove herself.
* Therefore, Aerin decides to ask her father if she may accompany him when he goes west to settle trouble among the barons.
* Aerin asks in front of Perlith, Galann's husband, and he mocks her.
* Perlith's mockery doesn't bother Aerin as much as Arlbeth's refusal to take her with him.
* Aerin goes to her room and locks herself in, and she refuses to see anyone except Teka, her maid and old nursemaid.
* Aerin tries to get information about her mother from Teka.
* Supposedly, Aerin's mother died in childbirth disappointed that she had had a daughter.
* Teka knew and...
This section contains 3,175 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)