Part 1: Chapters 1-2
• Aerin's mother was thought to have been a witch.
• Aerin is constantly bothered by her cousin, Galanna, who says that Aerin doesn't belong in the King's house, even though the King is Aerin's father.
• Because of the rumors about her mother, Aerin has always tried to prove herself.
• Therefore, Aerin decides to ask her father if she may accompany him when he goes west to settle trouble among the barons.
• Aerin asks in front of Perlith, Galann's husband, and he mocks her.
• Perlith's mockery doesn't bother Aerin as much as Arlbeth's refusal to take her with him.
• Aerin goes to her room and locks herself in, and she refuses to see anyone except Teka, her maid and old nursemaid.
• Aerin tries to get information about her mother from Teka.
• Supposedly, Aerin's mother died in childbirth disappointed that she had had a daughter.
• Teka knew...
This section contains 3,184 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)