|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the preoccupied man's wife live with her lover?
2. What does the woman in Story Fifty-four do when she sees her husband kissing someone?
3. The man in Story Sixty-four isolates himself in _________.
4. Where does the woman in Story Thirty-seven set a fire?
5. Whom is the husband kissing in Story Fifty-four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the maid in Story Sixty-nine trick her master into doing?
2. Why does Jambique end her affair?
3. How are the priest and the Friar discovered in their crime?
4. How is the cheap man is Story Fifty-two tricked?
5. How does the lady in Story Fifty-nine get her husband to take her to court in style?
6. Why did the lady in Parlamente's seventh tale reject a suitor?
7. How does the President of Grenoble stop his wife's affair?
8. What is strange about Longarine's tale in Story Sixty-two?
9. Why does the man in Dagoucin's seventh story get out of attending a dinner party with the King?
10. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the stories affect the plots of those stories and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Why did these people choose to compile these stories, and how did this reasoning affect the tone of the stories presented?
Essay Topic 3
How were the styles of the different storytellers different from each other, and how did these differences display themselves in the themes of the stories?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)