|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accidentally killed in Story Forty?
2. Who sees the maid being raped in Story Forty-five?
3. Why are a friar and a priest in prison together in Story Fifty-six?
4. Who tells the story of Brimbaudier?
5. How long does the preoccupied man's wife live with her lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the narrative stop? Why?
2. What does the wife in Story Fifty-five do to get around a stipulation in her husband's will?
3. What does the maid in Story Sixty-nine trick her master into doing?
4. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
5. Why did the lady in Parlamente's seventh tale reject a suitor?
6. Why does Jambique end her affair?
7. How are the priest and the Friar discovered in their crime?
8. How does the lady in Story Fifty-nine get her husband to take her to court in style?
9. How does the Duchess in Story Seventy ruin her life?
10. Why does the husband of the wild wife get illegally married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the stories affect the plots of those stories and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jambique show her affinity for dramatic events, and what does this bring about in her relationship?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)