|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in Oiselle's first story do?
2. How may people die because of a monk in Oiselle's story?
3. Whom does Amador pursue?
4. With whom is the woman in Saffredent's first story cheating?
5. The widow in Hircan's third story devotes herself to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernage tell his friend to do?
2. What does Parlamente suggest when she sees that the group will be waiting together for some time?
3. What is Ennasuite's story in Story Twenty- seven about?
4. What does Geburon say about the ferry woman in Story Five?
5. What does the young woman do with the Captain's token of love?
6. What is Normerfide's first story about?
7. Why does the group have to wait at the abbey for so long?
8. What is Oiselle's first story about?
9. What happens in the story about d'Avannes?
10. What does the group argue about after hearing Dagoucin's first story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
How were the styles of the different storytellers different from each other, and how did these differences display themselves in the themes of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main message sent in the story of Florida and Amador, and why do you think so much of this book focused on that one story?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)