|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces the group to go to Sarrance at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Parlamente reveal after hearing Story Six?
3. What makes travel complicated at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the young woman in Story Thirteen given as a gift?
5. Why is Rolandine secluded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Friar in Geburon's fourth story do?
2. How does the widow in Geburon's second story test her French gentleman?
3. What is Oiselle's first story about?
4. What does Geburon say about the ferry woman in Story Five?
5. What regulations are put on the stories to be told in the afternoon?
6. Why does Elisor not choose to be with the Queen?
7. What does Amador do to get close to Florida?
8. Why does the group have to wait at the abbey for so long?
9. What is Story Twenty about?
10. What is Oiselle's story in Story Twenty-three about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What stories embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might the author have chosen these settings for these stories to take place?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the stories affect the plots of those stories and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)