|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the maid in Story Forty-five allow her rapes to continue?
(a) She thinks it is for punishment.
(b) She is afraid of being killed.
(c) She enjoys it.
(d) She doesn't want to lose her job.
2. What rescues the woman abandoned in Story Sixty-seven?
(a) A knight.
(b) A caravan.
(c) A ship.
3. Why are a friar and a priest in prison together in Story Fifty-six?
(a) They lied to a congregation.
(b) They stole offering money.
(c) They raped a woman.
(d) They arranged a fake marriage.
4. Who tells the story of Jean-Pierre?
5. How does the suitor in Story Fifty-eight feel after he is yelled at?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in Story Fifty-nine uses her husband's affair for _________.
2. What does Jambique wear to hide her identity?
3. What does Jambique's lover do to recognize her the next time he sees her?
4. With whom does the preoccupied man's wife have an affair?
5. What does the Friar in Story Forty-eight do after tricking a new bride?/
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the cheap man is Story Fifty-two tricked?
2. How is the man in Story Thirty-seven saved from a fire, and what happens after this?
3. What does the will in Story Fifty-five declare?
4. Why does the Lord in Story Fifty-seven keep a glove on his cloak?
5. Why was Rolandine's castle originally built?
6. When does the narrative stop? Why?
7. What does the woman in Saffredent's fifth story do to stop her husband from kissing the maids?
8. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
9. How does the monk in the last story cover his sin?
10. How do Jean Pierre and his lover die?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)