|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cheap man in Story Fifty-two really steal?
(a) Turkey grease.
(b) A pound of flour.
(c) Some manure.
(d) A lump of excrement.
2. Who was first imprisoned in Rolandine's castle?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. How does the man in Story Sixty-three avoid attending a dinner party?
(a) He pretends to be ill.
(b) He studies his scriptures.
(c) He goes on a business trip.
(d) He sends word his wife is ill.
4. Why does Brimbaudier say his wife survived?
(a) To cheat on him.
(b) To love him.
(c) To nag him.
(d) To do the Lord's work.
5. The man in Story Sixty-four isolates himself in _________.
(a) A prison.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A hermitage.
(d) A silver mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in Story Fifty-nine uses her husband's affair for _________.
2. Why does the married friend in Story Forty-seven tell his wife to stop talking to his friend?
3. Where does the woman in Story Thirty-seven set a fire?
4. What does the Friar in Story Forty-four say the church was built on?
5. What causes the man in Longarine's fourth story to come back to his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
2. What does the will in Story Fifty-five declare?
3. How does the man in Story Forty-five hide his affair after he is seen with the maid?
4. How does the President of Grenoble stop his wife's affair?
5. Why does Jambique end her affair?
6. What does the wife in Story Fifty-five do to get around a stipulation in her husband's will?
7. What does the maid in Story Sixty-nine trick her master into doing?
8. How does the Duchess in Story Seventy ruin her life?
9. How is the cheap man is Story Fifty-two tricked?
10. What does the man who loves Francoise do for her?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)