|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the man in Longarine's fourth story to come back to his wife?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) She makes sure he won't get sick.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She ends her affair.
2. Why does the man in love with Francoise not marry her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too common.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too rich.
3. What rescues the woman abandoned in Story Sixty-seven?
(a) A ship.
(c) A caravan.
(d) A knight.
4. What do the princess and duke do when they wake up together?
5. How much is the horse in Story Fifty-five sold for?
(a) 10 ducats.
(b) 99 ducats.
(c) 1 ducat.
(d) 9 ducats.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
2. Why does the Duke in Story Fifty-one put a young girl to death?
3. Whom is the husband kissing in Story Fifty-four?
4. What do the men dress up in to embarrass the Countess?
5. How is the wild wife punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the monk in the last story cover his sin?
2. What does the woman in Saffredent's fifth story do to stop her husband from kissing the maids?
3. How does the Duchess in Story Seventy ruin her life?
4. How do Jean Pierre and his lover die?
5. What is the discussion about after Longarine's fourth story?
6. What does the will in Story Fifty-five declare?
7. What does the wife in Story Fifty-five do to get around a stipulation in her husband's will?
8. Why did the lady in Parlamente's seventh tale reject a suitor?
9. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
10. What is strange about Longarine's tale in Story Sixty-two?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)