|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in love with Francoise not marry her?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is too rich.
(d) She is too common.
2. Why does Jean Pierre isolate himself?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) The woman he loves refuses him.
(c) His wife cheats on him.
(d) His wife dies.
3. Why does the President in Story Thirty-six ignore his wife's affair?
(a) To anger his wife.
(b) To avoid a fight.
(c) To preserve his reputation.
(d) To cover up his own affair.
4. Longarine's Story Sixty-two is about_________.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
5. The woman in Story Fifty-nine uses her husband's affair for _________.
(c) All of these.
(d) Black mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in Story Sixty-four isolates himself in _________.
2. How does the suitor in Story Fifty-eight feel after he is yelled at?
3. What does Jambique wear to hide her identity?
4. Who tells the story of Friar De Vale?
5. What does the woman in Story Fifty-four do when she sees her husband kissing someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the husband of the wild wife get illegally married?
2. Why does Jean Pierre's lover finally accept his advances?
3. What is the story of the Countess about?
4. Why did the lady in Parlamente's seventh tale reject a suitor?
5. How does the monk in the last story cover his sin?
6. How does the Duchess in Story Seventy ruin her life?
7. What does the will in Story Fifty-five declare?
8. What does the man in Story Forty-four do when he is told that the church was founded on foolishness?
9. How does the President of Grenoble stop his wife's affair?
10. How does the lady in Story Fifty-nine get her husband to take her to court in style?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)