|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preoccupied man's wife live with her lover?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 5 years.
2. What is done to the Priest in Story Forty-one when what he does to a girl is discovered?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is demoted.
3. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
(a) A widow.
(b) A princess.
(c) A judge's wife.
(d) A chambermaid.
4. Why does the maid in Story Forty-five allow her rapes to continue?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She thinks it is for punishment.
(c) She doesn't want to lose her job.
(d) She is afraid of being killed.
5. Why does the married friend in Story Forty-seven tell his wife to stop talking to his friend?
(a) He is tired of his company.
(b) He is angry at his friend.
(c) He is suspicious of an affair.
(d) He is jealous of his wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does De Vale follow the woman he loves?
2. Where does the preoccupied man's wife meet her lover?
3. What country is Story Thirty-six set in?
4. What does the woman in Story Fifty-four do when she sees her husband kissing someone?
5. Jean Pierre dies of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman in Saffredent's fifth story do to stop her husband from kissing the maids?
2. Why does the man in Dagoucin's seventh story get out of attending a dinner party with the King?
3. Why does Jean Pierre's lover finally accept his advances?
4. How does the President of Grenoble stop his wife's affair?
5. How is the cheap man is Story Fifty-two tricked?
6. Why was Rolandine's castle originally built?
7. What does the man who loves Francoise do for her?
8. What is strange about Longarine's tale in Story Sixty-two?
9. Why did the lady in Parlamente's seventh tale reject a suitor?
10. How is the man in Story Thirty-seven saved from a fire, and what happens after this?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)