|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pregnant nun takes a pilgrimage to ___________.
2. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
(a) A widow.
(b) A chambermaid.
(c) A judge's wife.
(d) A princess.
3. Why does the maid in Story Forty-five allow her rapes to continue?
(a) She doesn't want to lose her job.
(b) She is afraid of being killed.
(c) She thinks it is for punishment.
(d) She enjoys it.
4. What country is Story Thirty-six set in?
5. What does the wild wife do after running away?
(a) Fakes her death.
(b) Gets married.
(c) Sues for a divorce.
(d) Gets pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke in Story Fifty-one put a young girl to death?
2. Why does the married friend in Story Forty-seven tell his wife to stop talking to his friend?
3. What does the Friar in Story Forty-four say the church was built on?
4. Who tries to console Brimbaudier when his wife is ill?
5. What causes the woman in Story Thirty-seven to become overly loving of her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman in Saffredent's fifth story do to stop her husband from kissing the maids?
2. What does the preoccupied man do when his wife in imprisoned?
3. What is strange about Longarine's tale in Story Sixty-two?
4. Why does Jean Pierre's lover finally accept his advances?
5. How is the cheap man is Story Fifty-two tricked?
6. What does the man who loves Francoise do for her?
7. When does the narrative stop? Why?
8. Why does the Lord in Story Fifty-seven keep a glove on his cloak?
9. How does the man in Story Forty-five hide his affair after he is seen with the maid?
10. How does the Duchess in Story Seventy ruin her life?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)