|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the man in Story Thirty-two kill?
(a) His brother.
(b) His servant
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's lover.
2. With whom does Riant's wife sleep?
(a) A friar.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A stable boy.
(d) A Duke.
3. What makes travel complicated at the beginning of the book?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Dry weather.
(c) Heavy rains.
(d) Bandits and robbers.
4. What is Bernard teaching the maids to do?
5. What does the man in Saffredent's story use to decorate his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is the woman in Saffredent's first story cheating?
2. How does the poor man's wife in Story Fifteen get revenge on him?
3. What is the young woman in Story Thirteen given as a gift?
4. What is the downfall of the man in Simontaut's first story?
5. What word does Dagoucin use to describe the man in his first story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the widow in Geburon's second story test her French gentleman?
2. Why does Elisor not choose to be with the Queen?
3. What happens to the second Virgin Mary? Why?
4. What does Seigneur de La Tremouille discover?
5. How does Bonnivet convince a woman to be his lover?
6. What happens in the story about d'Avannes?
7. Why does the group have to wait at the abbey for so long?
8. What is Oiselle's story in Story Twenty-three about?
9. How does the priest in Story Twenty-nine hide his affair?
10. What is Story Twenty about?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)