|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the man in Longarine's fourth story to come back to his wife?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She ends her affair.
(c) She makes sure he won't get sick.
(d) She has an affair.
2. What is ruined after the cheap man steals something in Story Fifty-two?
(a) His fur coat.
(b) His travelling bag.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A cloak.
3. Why does Jean Pierre isolate himself?
(a) His wife cheats on him.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) The woman he loves refuses him.
(d) His wife dies.
4. Why does the man in Story Sixty-three reject the advances of women?
(a) He is a man of the cloth.
(b) He is happily married.
(c) He is homosexual.
(d) He has a venereal disease.
5. What does the lord with the item attached to his cloak regret?
(a) Not winning a battle.
(b) Killing a man in a duel.
(c) Divorcing his wife.
(d) Not telling a woman he loves her.
6. What does the wild wife do after running away?
(a) Fakes her death.
(b) Gets married.
(c) Sues for a divorce.
(d) Gets pregnant.
7. Who tells the story of Friar De Vale?
8. How does the Countess refer to the weeks she keeps men in her room?
9. Where does the woman in Story Thirty-seven set a fire?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The drawing room.
10. For what is the preoccupied man's wife imprisoned?
11. How much is the horse in Story Fifty-five sold for?
(a) 99 ducats.
(b) 1 ducat.
(c) 9 ducats.
(d) 10 ducats.
12. Who tells the story of Brimbaudier?
13. What is done to the Priest in Story Forty-one when what he does to a girl is discovered?
(a) He is beaten.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is demoted.
14. What does the Friar in Story Forty-eight trick a new bride into doing?
(a) Leaving her new husband.
(b) Paying a large tribute.
(c) Sleeping with him.
(d) Getting a divorce.
15. What is kept secret from the Prince in Story Fifty-three?
(a) His identity.
(b) His worth.
(c) His lover's marriage.
(d) His price in galleons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the preoccupied man's wife live with her lover?
2. Who tries to console Brimbaudier when his wife is ill?
3. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
4. How does the suitor in Story Fifty-eight feel after he is yelled at?
5. What does the Friar in Story Forty-four say the church was built on?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)