|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in Story Fifty-four do when she sees her husband kissing someone?
2. Why does the married friend in Story Forty-seven tell his wife to stop talking to his friend?
(a) He is suspicious of an affair.
(b) He is jealous of his wealth.
(c) He is angry at his friend.
(d) He is tired of his company.
3. What do the men dress up in to embarrass the Countess?
(c) Monk's garb.
(d) Women's clothes.
4. Who tells the story of Jambique?
5. How is the wild wife punished?
(a) She is hanged.
(b) She is heavily fined.
(c) She is put in prison.
(d) She is returned to her husband.
6. Who tells the story of Brimbaudier?
7. How does the suitor in Story Fifty-eight feel after he is yelled at?
8. How does the man in Story Sixty-three avoid attending a dinner party?
(a) He goes on a business trip.
(b) He sends word his wife is ill.
(c) He studies his scriptures.
(d) He pretends to be ill.
9. Who tells the story of Jean-Pierre?
10. With whom does the preoccupied man's wife have an affair?
(a) A canon.
(b) A governor.
(c) A duke.
(d) A priest.
11. Who is accidentally killed in Story Forty?
(a) The King's daughter.
(b) The King's uncle.
(c) The King's sister.
(d) The King's brother-in-law.
12. How much is the horse in Story Fifty-five sold for?
(a) 99 ducats.
(b) 1 ducat.
(c) 10 ducats.
(d) 9 ducats.
13. What does Jambique wear to hide her identity?
(a) A cloak.
(b) Men's clothing.
(c) An apron.
(d) A mask.
14. Longarine's Story Sixty-two is about_________.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter.
15. What did the friar and priest hope to get from the crime that got them arrested?
(a) A woman.
(b) A church building.
(d) A dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
2. Why does the man in Story Sixty-three reject the advances of women?
3. Who built Rolandine's castle?
4. What is ruined after the cheap man steals something in Story Fifty-two?
5. Why does the Duke in Story Fifty-one put a young girl to death?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)