|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Friar in Story Forty-eight do after tricking a new bride?/
(a) Kills the girl.
(b) Builds onto the church.
(c) Lies about his actions.
(d) Leaves town.
2. What is discussed after Story Fifty-two about the cheap man?
(a) Food prices.
(b) Foul language.
(c) Ethics and morals.
3. Where does the preoccupied man's wife meet her lover?
(a) The barn.
(b) The market.
(c) The church.
(d) The inn.
4. Who tells the story of Jambique?
5. What does the Priest in Story Forty-one put on a girl?
(a) A chain.
(b) A sash.
(c) A cord.
(d) A mark.
6. How does the Countess refer to the weeks she keeps men in her room?
7. What does the lord with the item attached to his cloak regret?
(a) Not telling a woman he loves her.
(b) Divorcing his wife.
(c) Not winning a battle.
(d) Killing a man in a duel.
8. With whom does the preoccupied man's wife have an affair?
(a) A duke.
(b) A priest.
(c) A canon.
(d) A governor.
9. Where does the husband in Story Fifty-five want the proceeds of his horse to go?
(a) His son's inheritance.
(b) His daughter's dowry.
(d) His lover.
10. With whom is the Friar De Vale in love?
(a) A princess.
(b) A chambermaid.
(c) A judge's wife.
(d) A widow.
11. What is attached to the lord's cloak in Story Fifty-seven?
(a) A glove.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A bit of lace.
(d) A brooch.
12. Why does Jean Pierre isolate himself?
(a) The woman he loves refuses him.
(b) His wife dies.
(c) His wife cheats on him.
(d) He becomes ill.
13. Who tells the story of Friar De Vale?
14. What does Jambique's lover do to recognize her the next time he sees her?
(a) Cuts her hair.
(b) Tears her mask.
(c) Marks her dress.
(d) Scratches her arm.
15. How long does the preoccupied man's wife live with her lover?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 15 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ruined after the cheap man steals something in Story Fifty-two?
2. What country is Story Thirty-six set in?
3. Why does the Duke in Story Fifty-one put a young girl to death?
4. What does the woman in Story Fifty-four do when she sees her husband kissing someone?
5. Where is a couple abandoned in Story Sixty-seven?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)