|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina do when she cannot be with her suitor?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Marries another.
(c) Commits adultery.
(d) Joins a convent.
2. Where is Rolandine secluded?
(a) A French palace.
(b) A castle in the forest.
(c) A convent.
(d) A university.
3. Oiselle says the woman in her first story is a martyr of ___________.
4. How does the second Virgin Mary die?
(a) She is beheaded.
(b) She is killed in prison.
(c) She is burned.
(d) She is drowned.
5. What weapon do the men chasing Geburon have?
(b) Cross bows.
6. What does Simontaut say all women want to do?
(a) Be men.
(b) Run away.
(c) Torment men.
(d) Rule the world.
7. Why does Roncex call out?
(a) She needs a doctor.
(b) She is being chased.
(c) She is in pain.
(d) She needs an outhouse.
8. What does the servant ask of Bernard?
(a) A ducat.
(b) A pie.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cloak.
9. What word does Dagoucin use to describe the man in his first story?
10. Why is Rolandine secluded?
(a) She threatens to run away.
(b) She gets pregnant.
(c) She disobeys her father.
(d) She gets married in secret.
11. What does the man who loves Paulina do?
(a) Joins the Army.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Rapes her.
(d) Joins a monastery.
12. What does the narrator call the abbot at Sarrance?
(a) A wolf in sheep's clothing.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) A man of God.
(d) A bandit in robes.
13. What does Bernard bring the servant?
(a) A goat.
(b) A linen bag.
(c) A wooden shoe.
(d) A pie.
14. What does the man in Oiselle's first story do?
(a) Drive mules.
(b) Builds bridges.
(c) Farms corn.
(d) Runs an inn.
15. What is Marie Hereot's occupation?
(a) Wet nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the first story on the fourth day?
2. What does Ennasuite call Saffredent after he tells his first story?
3. The man in Story Thirty-two makes a cup out of _________.
4. What is Bernard teaching the maids to do?
5. What monks are thought to be perfect in Oiselle's story?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)