|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Elisor in love?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Queen.
(c) A married woman.
(d) A maid.
2. What does the man in Saffredent's story use to decorate his house?
3. Why does Roncex call out?
(a) She needs an outhouse.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She needs a doctor.
(d) She is being chased.
4. What does the priest pretend to return in Story Twenty-nine?
(a) A winnowing basket.
(b) A thresher.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A wine goblet.
5. The woman in Story Thirty-five is beat with ____________.
(a) A stick.
(b) A stone.
(c) A crown.
(d) A bag.
6. Why does Roncex's friend think she is calling out?
(a) She is in pain.
(b) She is being chased.
(c) She needs an outhouse.
(d) She needs a doctor.
7. Where is Rolandine secluded?
(a) A convent.
(b) A castle in the forest.
(c) A French palace.
(d) A university.
8. According to Saffredent, what cures men's love?
9. How many people does the Friar in Story Thirty-One kill?
10. What does Normerfide say she would do with a gift from another man?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Keep it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Hide it.
11. What makes travel complicated at the beginning of the book?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Bandits and robbers.
(c) Dry weather.
(d) Heavy rains.
12. What does the woman in Longarine's story give to her husband's friend?
(a) Her crucifix.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her scarf.
13. What is Marie Hereot's occupation?
(c) Wet nurse.
14. What does Hircan tell his wife after hearing Story Six?
(a) She would not be able to hide an affair.
(b) He has a venereal disease.
(c) He is sleeping with Parlamente.
(d) He has hidden lots of affairs.
15. Who defends the man in Ennasuite's first story?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Lady in Waiting.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the story about Bonnivet?
2. With whom does Riant's wife sleep?
3. What does the lady in Dagoucin's first story realize as the gentleman dies?
4. What does the man in Dagoucin's first story have to do to get the woman he loves?
5. What does the young woman in Story Thirteen do with the ring from the captain?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)