|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simontaut say all women want to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Rule the world.
(c) Be men.
(d) Torment men.
2. Who tells the first story on the fourth day?
3. Who tells the story about Rolandine?
4. Whom does the man in Saffredent's first story team up with to take his revenge?
(a) A princess.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Queen.
5. Why does the abbot at Sarrance allow the group to stay there?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He doesn't want to offend their friend.
(c) He likes visitors.
(d) He knows there is no other way.
6. What word does Dagoucin use to describe the man in his first story?
7. How does the poor man's wife in Story Fifteen get revenge on him?
(a) She has affairs.
(b) She sends her daughter away.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) She withholds money from him.
8. Oiselle says the woman in her first story is a martyr of ___________.
9. What does the young woman in Story Thirteen do with the ring from the captain?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Sends it to the Captain's wife.
(c) Donates it to charity.
(d) Keeps it always.
10. Where is Rolandine secluded?
(a) A castle in the forest.
(b) A university.
(c) A French palace.
(d) A convent.
11. How may people die because of a monk in Oiselle's story?
12. What does Parlamente reveal after hearing Story Six?
(a) Her husband is cheating on her.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her husband is dying.
(d) She is cheating on her husband.
13. When does the woman whom d'Avannes loves admit her love for him?
(a) His death bed.
(b) When her husband cheats on her.
(c) When her husband dies.
(d) Her death bed.
14. What does the man in Story Thirty-two hang in a closet?
(a) A portrait.
(b) A bloody sword.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A bloody suit.
15. How old was the lady when Amador fell in love with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lady in Dagoucin's first story realize as the gentleman dies?
2. For how long is the widow in Geburon's second story wooed?
3. What needs to be built for the travelers to get home?
4. What does Ennasuite call Saffredent after he tells his first story?
5. How many people does the Friar in Story Thirty-One kill?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)